1. Can you run 2 WoW instances on same computer and alt-tab between them?

It's only using 800 MB.

Does anyone know any macro I could use for alt-tabbed multi-box, I just want to run with a heal-bot following me around while I level up. Could they be 2 characters on the same account?

WOTLK

Windows 10

2. Yes, You can run multiple clients on the same PC. The only limitation is the power of your hardware. With any half-modern PC you can run a surprising amount of WoW clients.

Each character you run needs to have it's own account.

As far as macros, there is nothing that will make your non-focused client "automatically" heal your other character. Each action your characters take needs to be a direct result of input (i.e. key presses) from you the player. However creating a setup where your attack keys on your "main" toon would trigger simple healing macros with either hardcoded targets or TargetOfTarget on your secondary character is not at all hard. This of course would not address things like quest pick ups/turn ins, looting, ground pick ups, etc, but I guess you could alt+tab for that stuff if you really wanted to.

It does sorta sounds to me like you're not really wanting to multibox and deal with running both characters effectively.

3. Yes, You can run multiple clients on the same PC. The only limitation is the power of your hardware. With any half-modern PC you can run a surprising amount of WoW clients.

Each character you run needs to have it's own account.

As far as macros, there is nothing that will make your non-focused client "automatically" heal your other character. Each action your characters take needs to be a direct result of input (i.e. key presses) from you the player. However creating a setup where your attack keys on your "main" toon would trigger simple healing macros with either hardcoded targets or TargetOfTarget on your secondary character is not at all hard. This of course would not address things like quest pick ups/turn ins, looting, ground pick ups, etc, but I guess you could alt+tab for that stuff if you really wanted to.

It does sorta sounds to me like you're not really wanting to multibox and deal with running both characters effectively.
    I was wondering if that was what multi-boxing is. I always assumed it was running a different version of the game on a separate computer. Do you recommend any programs? Any free programs? I'm not so good at autohotkey scripting, I tried learning C+ and couldn't get the syntax either, so I'm not a programmer. I wish this stuff was written in Basic.

4. Hotkeynet is good to build fast simple setup: http://www.hotkeynet.com/wow/wow-sample-two-on-one.html
    Then just make target macros to you healer, for example: shift + 1-5 to single heal main character and ctrl + 1-5 to single heal you healer

If you replace this row
    <Hotkey ScrollLockOn A-Z, 0-9, Plus, Minus, F1-F12 except W, A, S, D, Q, E>
    with these:
    <KeyList HealsList 1-5>
    <Hotkey ScrollLockOn Shift HealsList; ScrollLockOn Ctrl HealsList>
    if you add: ScrollLockOn HealsList; it should add 1-5 buttons to keybroadcasting too.
    Now shift+1-5 and ctrl+1-5 buttons should be sended to your healer.

Also you should set keybind to interact with target in wow keybinds.
    Shift + 6 and enable click to move on you healer. Change HealsList 1-5 to 1-6. And you healer should now run to npc and iwt every time you press shift + 6.
    Then just get jamba addon and auto share quests from you main char. Check youtube for jamba videos.
    Edited: October 22, 2017

5. I was wondering if that was what multi-boxing is. I always assumed it was running a different version of the game on a separate computer. Do you recommend any programs? Any free programs? I'm not so good at autohotkey scripting, I tried learning C+ and couldn't get the syntax either, so I'm not a programmer. I wish this stuff was written in Basic.
    In a way it is. Very rudamentary, but still. Multiboxing started with people who had access to multiple computers running one client per computer. Then someone figured out you could hook up the same wireless keyboard to all of the computers' receivers and simultaneously send the same keystroke to all clients. From then on it's developed tremendously and with a massive increase in computing power, software solutions to run and control multiple game clients on the same PC have all but replaces the more... "inventive" setups people used to have: https://sites.google.com/site/khromt...e/closeup2.jpg

For a free program Hotkeynet is probably the one to go to. There's decent documentation and tutorials out there for it, and while it requires scripting to set up, it's not hard at all as long as you have the patience to do the work.