1. 50% Goldsquish on relatively fresh TBC servers???

A 50% gold squish has been announced for ALL REALMS! http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=368849

The TBC servers are only what 4-5months old and in TBC gold does not rain down like newer xpacs and the high gold rate realms.

Seems pretty harsh to me and quite demotivating.

What do you think?
    Edited: October 20, 2017

2. yeah, its kinda questionable to do it on TBC. I need to read up on it, because I've been farming 10k for my two alt epic flying and if I was to lose some that I would be super piss. I have like 8k on my main. it better be for like 15k+

3. yeah, its kinda questionable to do it on TBC. I need to read up on it, because I've been farming 10k for my two alt epic flying and if I was to lose some that I would be super piss. I have like 8k on my main. it better be for like 15k+
    you have until the new year to use your gold. that's plenty of time to farm the rest you need.

4. A gold squish on a realm that's not even end-game makes zero sense. There are far more effective ways to combat gold-sellers than to delete half the gold on the server.

5. Wait, is there a confirmation that they're going to do it on Outland as well? That'd be super dumb...

6. yeah, its kinda questionable to do it on TBC. I need to read up on it, because I've been farming 10k for my two alt epic flying and if I was to lose some that I would be super piss. I have like 8k on my main. it better be for like 15k+
    Just like pointed out here, on tbc a huge part of your gold goes to the vendors. The 50% gold nerf may have not that huge effect on selling/buying primals, but it will be very much fk up mount savings etc.

And dont tell me that 3 months is enough coz I am not able to farm an epic flying for 3 months.

7. Wait, is there a confirmation that they're going to do it on Outland as well? That'd be super dumb...
    Yep, the announcement says "all realms".

And yeah, I don't have a fast fly either, and I've been playing on Outland since launch. In fact, I'm completely broke because it's kinda hard to farm anything with 12k online (but that's just my personal opinion).

8. i guess the only thing to do is start buying coins with gold then. or just stockpiling things like primals and what not. seems like the only way to not get your gold taken from you. it feels like everyone else is going to be punish because some people jsut cant follow the rules. imo, what should be done is montoring tells and banning people indicating they are buying gold. if you take away their customers why would the gold sellers stay? if man power is an issue you could always just get "volunteers" and just "pay" them in gold or coins or w/e.
    Edited: October 22, 2017

9. Agreed. Its not an option, but warmane does what they want. Instead of permabanning goldsellers everyone have to suffer. I have full blacklist of those, they can spam for few days and not get banned =/
    One more thing that can help warmane is adding links of goldseller's website to list of auto-banned words. In this case ingame admin will ban the spammer and resend the issue to someone smarter, who can add the link itself and modified links(with/without spaces; upper/lower cases; etc) to the database of auto-banned words, which can be replaced by something like 'I love Malaco's hairstyle'. Next time to spam about gold selling it wont be enough to just create new account, the salesman will have to make a new website. Ezpz boys.

10. Yea, it's beyond misguided to believe a gold squish is the most effective thing to combat gold sellers. The bots ability to farm is not affected by a gold squish. They will continue to depress AH prices by flooding the market with botted materials, which makes it hard for the rest of us to make any money. On top of that, every gold we scraped together so far will now be halved.

Absurd.

11. i guess the only thing to do is start buying coins with gold then. or just stockpiling things like primals and what not.
    Yes, this is the normal reaction to a gold squish. Just start converting currency into assets, and do it while prices are still normal. Very soon, they will shoot up due to increased demand. Then, after the squish, all prices will be incredibly low because no one will have any gold on them. Because of that, gold-sellers will profit greatly.