1. 50% Goldsquish on relatively fresh TBC servers???

50% Goldsquish on relatively fresh TBC servers???

A 50% gold squish has been announced for ALL REALMS! http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=368849

The TBC servers are only what 4-5months old and in TBC gold does not rain down like newer xpacs and the high gold rate realms.

Seems pretty harsh to me and quite demotivating.

What do you think?

2. Epic flying costs 5k gold, and you don't have access to netherwing dailies before it, this is gonna be destructive.

Gold in TBC isn't like other expacs, there's less passive gold and you can run out of gold just consuming reagents and repairing armor.
    it took me months to grind the 6000k needed for flying playing a tank with only access to 6 dailies a day, what with 20-50gold repairs every dungeon/raid flasks and whatnot.

just by announcing this you pushed away a lot of players, for 2 months now there's no point in farming gold or doing dailies, with pvp dead as is you just removed the only other reason a raider in T4-T5 would log during the week.

3. yeah surely theyre not going to do that here? I mean money is hard to come by on alliance. Horde have far greater numbers. I mean i'll be flat out grinding the remaining 4040g for my epic flying before that date, and if im close and they apply a 50% reduction on my hardwork, im not gonna bother playing man, its just not worth it. I can understand broken Icecrown and P2W servers, but not Medivh.

4. Well, I honestly don't think goldselling is a major issue on Medivh, so I'd be surprised to say the least if they went through with squishing it here. Maybe on Outlands because the number of people doing quests and vendoring items is a lot higher, and therefore the generation of gold is higher.

If they squish on Medivh, it doesn't really feel like they've really put a lot of thought into it.