1. Why are the admins so against a pve realm?

Why are the admins so against the idea of a pve realm. Playing many realms I've noticed less toxic behavior on pve realms. Not to mention being able to afk airborne for 3 mins without coming back to an un-ressurectable corpse hovering in the sky. True pve realms will have lower populations. I don't have population numbers for a high rate pve realm though. Most implementations of pve realms are low rate. Low rate realms just about globally have low populations. A pve realm could have a good population with high rates. A pve realm could have a good population if its hosted by a server with large existing population. Molten has the numbers. Was the players on the tbc servers new accounts or existing molten users that migrated? I log out so often and quit playing on molten for extended periods. All because of the community. I would love for molten to do a social experiment of a pve realm. Less toxic community for all.

2. There are barely any PVE servers in the private seen because the majority of the player base wants PVP servers. Thats why warmane doesn't have a PVE server.

3. True pve realms will have lower populations. I don't have population numbers for a high rate pve realm though. Most implementations of pve realms are low rate. Low rate realms just about globally have low populations.
    You answered your own question. A high-rate PvE realm makes 0 sense. Why would you want a PvE realm to have high rates? The whole point of a PvE realm is so that you can focus on the PvE. If it's just about the ganking, then that's a bad excuse.

A PvE realm on TBC - the expansion which tried to push for wPvP - is a bad idea. World PvP is nonexistent on Icecrown anyway.

4. They are not against it, it's just not appropriate at this time. You're speaking based on your personal experience because you want a PvE realm, but I'm afraid it's not the best option for this project. As taralej said, few players having troubles with ganking is pratically nothing to force them making a PvE realm. We have 7 different realms, which is already too many, so there's no need to split up the population even more.
    And who knows, PvE realm won't make the community less toxic. Is there anything that proves otherwise?

5. You answered your own question. A high-rate PvE realm makes 0 sense. Why would you want a PvE realm to have high rates? The whole point of a PvE realm is so that you can focus on the PvE. If it's just about the ganking, then that's a bad excuse.

A PvE realm on TBC - the expansion which tried to push for wPvP - is a bad idea. World PvP is nonexistent on Icecrown anyway.
    You do realize that 90% of world PvP is ganking right? Also if TBC pushed for world PvP, it did a terrible job by introducing flying mounts.

6. Have you seen a high rate pve server? If it has not been done. How can we be sure it will fail? Did the tbc servers cannibalize the other expansions populations?
    Every time warmane/molten held a vote low rate realms won but high rates wind up with the population. I see a different type of player on the few pve realms that do exists. Most people wont migrate to a realm with under 200 population. How many community's acutally have a large enough population to call them active. I'm willing to bet money a pve realm of tbc or wotk expansion would blow blackrock population out of the water. If it was about what works why does blackrock exist?

7. You do realize that 90% of world PvP is ganking right? Also if TBC pushed for world PvP, it did a terrible job by introducing flying mounts.
    The "push" was for legitimate and organized pvp, not for ganking. For reference, see the world objectives in Hellfire, Terokkar and Zangarmarsh.

8. if TBC pushed for world PvP, it did a terrible job by introducing flying mounts.
    No one said they did a great job. But TBC had by far the biggest push in that direction of all expansions to date. Wintergrasp is not even WPvP, and Tol Barad is like a second Quel'Danas.

Did the tbc servers cannibalize the other expansions populations?
    Yes and no. The other realms did lose population in favour of Outland and Medivh. On the other hand, the loss wasn't much because Warmane opened the TBC realms shortly after the shenanigans surrounding Elysium/Nostalrius and immediately after the closure of Hellground, and so it sheltered the masses from those two servers. A decision which I admire to this day. And it's not like people can even go back to Elysium anymore - the server is down and will remain down, hosted by scammers, gold-sellers and hackers who have proven their untrustworthiness time and again.