1. Tons of bots, best way to report and remove them?

I was mining around Tanaris yesterday on my main, and within ~30 minutes, i saw at least 15+ bots grinding mobs. Gathering wise, it wasn't as widespread from what i saw, but it's super easy to tell who's botting on mob grinds.

I would "help" the horde member kill the mob they were fighting and /wave a them. If they immediately sat down to drink / eat or instantly pull another, i'd kill that mob and then polymorph them.

9/10 times they would INSTANTLY attack with the same rotation of spells, which is futile since it's a level 40 vs my 70. I'd then kill the botter, and verify by seeing them INSTANTLY release spirit, before even seeing their corpse hit the floor.

I was looking for it under the ticket writing feature, but didn't see an easy way to do this. Obviously i could provide recordings, but I could honestly go in any direction and hit a botter within 2 minutes max.

How do i report them, and what is your permanent solution for this? Is this strictly a community driven situation where we have to police and report?

2. I'm creating a ticket for them ingame. I've received responses they will look into it. Will they actually look into it? I'm not sure. An entire guild I noticed botting is still online, days after reporting.

3. Super discouraging... I'm seeing them EVERYWHERE lately....

4. same bot has been running around for the past 6months doing the same route and still hasnt been banned
    idk if they care

5. same bot has been running around for the past 6months doing the same route and still hasnt been banned
    idk if they care
    I wonder if the GM's maybe bot themselves.

6. I was mining around Tanaris yesterday on my main, and within ~30 minutes, i saw at least 15+ bots grinding mobs. Gathering wise, it wasn't as widespread from what i saw, but it's super easy to tell who's botting on mob grinds.

I would "help" the horde member kill the mob they were fighting and /wave a them. If they immediately sat down to drink / eat or instantly pull another, i'd kill that mob and then polymorph them.

9/10 times they would INSTANTLY attack with the same rotation of spells, which is futile since it's a level 40 vs my 70. I'd then kill the botter, and verify by seeing them INSTANTLY release spirit, before even seeing their corpse hit the floor.

I was looking for it under the ticket writing feature, but didn't see an easy way to do this. Obviously i could provide recordings, but I could honestly go in any direction and hit a botter within 2 minutes max.

How do i report them, and what is your permanent solution for this? Is this strictly a community driven situation where we have to police and report?
    I saw a bunch of like lvl 63 feral druids farming in silthius, all with strange names and wouldn't respond to invites or pms

7. I saw a bunch of like lvl 63 feral druids farming in silthius, all with strange names and wouldn't respond to invites or pms
    You met the Chinese army.

8. Same thing in western and eastern plaguelands. 9 out of 10 characters in these zones are bots. I've been reporting with screenshots over and over but still see the same nicknames farming there....

9. Same thing in western and eastern plaguelands. 9 out of 10 characters in these zones are bots. I've been reporting with screenshots over and over but still see the same nicknames farming there....
    Ok this is freaking demotivating -.- i saw druid mining and herbing like mad at same tiem and you cant turn on trackign for both at the same time on TBC can you? No responds and such.
    Why am i bothering then.

10. Ok this is freaking demotivating -.- i saw druid mining and herbing like mad at same tiem and you cant turn on trackign for both at the same time on TBC can you? No responds and such.
    Why am i bothering then.
    So report them? Please?

11. So report them? Please?
    Mercy, many people, including myself, have reported quite a few and added them to our friends list - to still see them active a week later. I agree that the players can help a ton by reporting, but it seems to be a larger issue.

I applaud the Warmane staff for the reduction in gold spammers, as it's clearly helping server morale. But we really need some sort of moderator approach to policing the never ending supply of grinders using super generic profiles to level up and kill mobs.

12. I hear Silithus is lovely for bot-hunting these days. :D

13. Mercy, many people, including myself, have reported quite a few and added them to our friends list - to still see them active a week later. I agree that the players can help a ton by reporting, but it seems to be a larger issue.

I applaud the Warmane staff for the reduction in gold spammers, as it's clearly helping server morale. But we really need some sort of moderator approach to policing the never ending supply of grinders using super generic profiles to level up and kill mobs.
    I understand that, but people also need to understand that doesn't mean action isn't being taken. Blizzard does ban waves once every 6-9 months, or longer. The reason for that is similar to the situation here. We don't want to ban an innocent, but we also want to be able to ban and cripple crucial parts of their black market infrastructure. I wonder if the bots would be an issue at all if people didn't buy gold from them, but who knows.

In the meantime, I personally like to dispel spam them so they OOM themselves by instantly rebuffing, then sit back and watch as they die to the mob they're trying to kill.

14. We don't want to ban an innocent, but we also want to be able to ban and cripple crucial parts of their black market infrastructure. I wonder if the bots would be an issue at all if people didn't buy gold from them, but who knows.
    No one wants someone innocent banned Mercy, and that's why a short vacation to the bot hot spots like the lovely desert of Silithus for a few mins every time a GM logs in will yield fantastic results. :P
    In the meantime, I personally like to dispel spam them so they OOM themselves by instantly rebuffing, then sit back and watch as they die to the mob they're trying to kill.
    I just tend to do sign their names in a ticket and hope that a GM will ban em. I can't do much more than that.

15. im leveling engineering atm and the amount of bots that i've met in the last few days is staggering... just take a walk around sithilus, deadwind pass, eastern and western plaugelands... you will find a few dozen of bots that are mindlessly grinding mobs even though they had hit xp cap a long time ago and are around level 67... then there are most obvious mining bots that made it hard to find thorium veins... from what i can tell there is 0 effort to stop them...

12 Last