1. third strawpoll provides two solutions that are totally unacceptable to a x1 server. They need to implement transfers, free to the server with gold limitations and perhaps gear limitations if T6 is active on Outlands. That would be a better solution than changing the x1 Blizzlike dynamics of the server. Reroll Outlands if you want that, that's not what the server is about, its about grinding and satisfaction for hardwork put in as per the original WoW

2. third strawpoll provides two solutions that are totally unacceptable to a x1 server. They need to implement transfers, free to the server with gold limitations and perhaps gear limitations if T6 is active on Outlands. That would be a better solution than changing the x1 Blizzlike dynamics of the server. Reroll Outlands if you want that, that's not what the server is about, its about grinding and satisfaction for hardwork put in as per the original WoW
    This server is so far from Blizzlike and the original WoW already that changing the rates wouldn't really matter imo. TBC is very grindy, sometimes unnecessarily grindy. Leveling is great, and a fun experience, but once you have done it a few times it's not as fun anymore. This game is over 10 years old now, people have been doing the same thing over and over for years.

The game has gotten older and I have gotten older. And I've come to realize that not everyone shares my view on 1x, but I also don't see the point of excluding players just because they don't agree with me. There's not reason to alienate an entire playerbase because I think that 1x is the only way to truely play the game. For me the game is much more about the community and the people, but a dead server offers no community at all.

As I've said previously, give people the option to level 1x or 5x as they see fit. This will have no effect on your leveling experience anyway.

3. third strawpoll provides two solutions that are totally unacceptable to a x1 server. They need to implement transfers, free to the server with gold limitations and perhaps gear limitations if T6 is active on Outlands. That would be a better solution than changing the x1 Blizzlike dynamics of the server. Reroll Outlands if you want that, that's not what the server is about, its about grinding and satisfaction for hardwork put in as per the original WoW
    Yes! This please! I will come medivh if I can transfer from Outland. I can easy lvl on Outland and buy some gear. Then I can come help Medivh guilds who are struggling with finding ppl!
    Best idea, put it on strawpoll and I will tell all my friends from Outland(they will most likely all come). It will get massive votes and then it will happen!
    Make strawpoll now: Save Medivh—> transfer from Outland to Medivh for free!
    I guarantee there will be thousands coming!

4. Yeah that's just getting ridiculous. Medivh was always going to be a much lower population, the object isn't to boost it at any cost. A certain mentality among the community and gameplay needs to be maintained, that's why the server exists in the first place and why almost all of us are here and not Outland.

5. Yeah that's just getting ridiculous. Medivh was always going to be a much lower population, the object isn't to boost it at any cost. A certain mentality among the community and gameplay needs to be maintained, that's why the server exists in the first place and why almost all of us are here and not Outland.
    A certain elitist mentality that 1x is the only way of playing the game? For me it's blatantly obvious that something needs to be done. The server is peaking at ~400 players. There used to be 25+ raiding guilds, now we're down to around 4? With all those guilds struggling with recruitment and filling raids.
    I fail to see how anyone want to keep things as they are no matter the cost and I fail to see how going down with the ship will benefit anyone. People are leaving because there is nothing to do, or hard do find people to do stuff at 70. Most people play for endgame, but what are you gonna do when theres nothing to do at 70?
    You get to 70, but you can't go in heroics because you don't have the rep for it. You can't farm rep in normal dungeons because theres no people running them. Oh well, maybe some PVP then. Wait no, there's barely any people around that does that either. So what are you left to do? This game used to be all about the community, being an Massively multiplayer online game, interacting with people was part of the fun. But instead you end up playing the game as a singleplayer-

With all these suggested changes you can still keep your certain mentality and gameplay without it having any large effect on you. But I'm tired of seeing guilds disband and people leaving in masses. I'm tired of feeling like I'm living on borrowed time or fighting against the clock every week to see if our guild is going to survive. Just a month ago we could easily replace lost people, pretty much the same day, now we're lucky if we get 1 new player a week. I'm tired of seeing people every week looking for groups in global for 45-60 mins, sometimes ending up never finding those last players.

People have been leaving by the thousands, that isn't healthy.

6. Funnily enough there were loads of peeps crying for the x1 server before it was created. Funnily enough there were tons of peeps crying for no cash shop.
    Funnily enough the x1 server ended up almost empty. Funnily enough there were threads created over and over asking for the cash shop when the server went live.

People want the nostalgia of levelling and doing the things they used to do, but when they realise how long it takes and how hard it is, 99% of the whiners choose the easiest road.

Now if I get a reply saying like some said in the beginning that the 2000 pop wasn't a failure when the hype was on, look at the numbers, even the MOP server can get more and it's mostly dead.

This is just how things are, most people don't have the time to waste 3-4 weeks levelling anymore and don't have the time to spend weeks getting reputation.

They want the easy way out

7. Funnily enough there were loads of peeps crying for the x1 server before it was created. Funnily enough there were tons of peeps crying for no cash shop.
    Funnily enough the x1 server ended up almost empty. Funnily enough there were threads created over and over asking for the cash shop when the server went live.

People want the nostalgia of levelling and doing the things they used to do, but when they realise how long it takes and how hard it is, 99% of the whiners choose the easiest road.

Now if I get a reply saying like some said in the beginning that the 2000 pop wasn't a failure when the hype was on, look at the numbers, even the MOP server can get more and it's mostly dead.

This is just how things are, most people don't have the time to waste 3-4 weeks levelling anymore and don't have the time to spend weeks getting reputation.

They want the easy way out
    I think this obviously has a lot to do with how the private server community work. The lifetime of most private servers are very short. Not a month goes by with a server going down or a new one coming up. So of course people get tired of constantly leveling and gearing up a character when you've done it a dozen times already. TBC is extremely grindy. So not only does it take a lot of time to get to 70, but getting raid ready also takes a lot of time and effort. With people continously jumping servers I can see that TBC is a tough expansion to get into. Simply increasing the XP rates to x3 for those who want that won't have any major negative effects on the server.

I feel like a lot of players have this very elitist attitude and view where its '1x or die'. They'd rather not play at all, or let anyone else play the game unless its 1x, and thats their prerogative, but I feel like you're basically alienating a huge playerbase because of it. The leveling process at 1x is a huge barrier for most people, when in reality the actual game for most people don't start until you reach 70. All the grinding rep, getting BIS gear, attunements etc is already a huge timesink, so of course people want to get started with that instead of spending 2-3 weeks leveling.

And so you can have the option for those who want the full journey of leveling from 1-70 on 1x, but provide an alternative for those who want to do it a bit quicker at 3x or 5x. It won't effect your leveling experience anyway.

8. Hey guys! Just a quick update!

Awesome to see so many of you voicing your opinions and coming with inputs. Right now it looks like the vast majority favors going towards changing the 1-58 process. I hope to see more responses so we get a bigger samplesize to potentially present to the developers, so they have some numbers to go on.

Also, it's great to see all of you wanting to debate the topic. The more opinions we get, the easier it will be finding the most optimal option to fix the issue.

Keep it coming friends!

9. Well now that I think about it again.
    If they change the XP rates to x3 or x5 then whats the point of having Medivh at all?
    In this case Medivh would be a high rate realm like Outland and for obvious reason Warmane has no interest in having another high rate realm w/o cash shop.

If the whole concept of a x1 realm doesn't work out then whats the point of keeping Medivh? Why not just merge it with Outland which btw has also a bleeding population.
    Edited: October 26, 2017

10. I like the server the way it is, and I think people complaining about population are missing the point. The 1x xp is a gate to those who will not be committed, and as a result guilds will have a higher ratio of quality members they can depend on I expect. The lack of a shop means world pvp, or raid performance, is legit and self earned. This is an honest no bull**** wow tbc experience, distilled into excellence.

There is pop enough to find people enough to do whatever ya need, except perhaps battlgrounds, and i would hate to see the quality of both the players and the experience diminish in a misguided attempt to draw players who are not interested in what this server is actually about.

11. I leveled two characters here and there is a definitive problem with the population. There is not enough people to actually group for everything that you want to do and that is not an honest wow tbc experience. Retail had plenty even on low population servers due to regional limitations. With the split between EU/NA/etc. the population is split. This results in many players riding the bench in the only available guild or only having enough members to run a kara group with little hope of recruiting more.

Battlegrounds is a huge part of this game and once your character is complete outside of raiding it is really hard to be motivated to do anything besides pvp other than sit afk in shattrath. Anyone who has played here for some time have experienced this and can attest to it. Any attempt at fixing this would be appreciated. I've met plenty of bad/toxic players on this server who spent the time to level in 1x so I would take increased rates with actual people to play with over being scared of phantom players who might hurt my safe space.

12. Yeah that's just getting ridiculous. Medivh was always going to be a much lower population, the object isn't to boost it at any cost. A certain mentality among the community and gameplay needs to be maintained, that's why the server exists in the first place and why almost all of us are here and not Outland.

problem is there is literally constantly approximately 20-25 x 70s on for like a 10 hour stretch during the North American timezone, you literally cannot rep run even normal dungeons. So what is the point of playing? I'm in Phoenix guild, and we are like 80% of 70s on at anyone time. Even we can't run dungeon groups for rep. It's ridiculous and if transfers or something is not done, the server truly is dead or is about to die, like there is no point in continuing to bang your head against a wall.

13. sadly mate you'll be enjoying it by yourself very shortly, even the most dedicated are gonna leave due to inability to complete even the most simple tasks (whether that be quests, dungeons, raids etc)

14. I think the 4-500 peak players shown on the information page is a stretch. I don't know how quickly or how regularly that information is updated, but the other night when I was playing, I counted 72 online from 1-70 using /who, and it said there were 239 online. so.....something up with that.

15. I like the server the way it is, and I think people complaining about population are missing the point. The 1x xp is a gate to those who will not be committed, and as a result guilds will have a higher ratio of quality members they can depend on I expect. The lack of a shop means world pvp, or raid performance, is legit and self earned. This is an honest no bull**** wow tbc experience, distilled into excellence.

There is pop enough to find people enough to do whatever ya need, except perhaps battlgrounds, and i would hate to see the quality of both the players and the experience diminish in a misguided attempt to draw players who are not interested in what this server is actually about.
    Yes, because only good players play 1x /s.

The population is obviously not good good enough to do things, as evident from all the people leaving. What are you going to do at 70 when you can't do dungeons and you can't do PVP? You've just eliminated two major reasons for people playing the game.

People are spending weeks to get to 70, only to be met by 45-60min dungeon queues. That's not enjoyable and definitely no TBC experience.
    Edited: October 27, 2017

First 1234 ... Last