1. I'm a new player here that decided to read through the Forum and the hardships the Server is facing before actually starting to play.
    I think what you're making out to be a problem really is not a problem. A population of 1k active players AS WE SPEAK being online is not bad. It's just not as huge as your other servers. Far from being a dead Server though.

You already have a Server that has stupid x5 rates for TBC. What's the point of doing the same thing here? Might as well delete the Server. You also completely lose the worth level 70 characters have if you can carry them into outland in no time (what would happen with x3 rates).

It's really the problem why MMORPGs went to ****. Listened to too many people that wanted instant gratification and then they realized whoops, this is actually much more boring, my stuff is worth nothing anymore. Don't be stupid.

2. So let it die. You tried x1 and there was no demand for it. Tough luck. Go to the x5 Server and have your fun there if all your care about is endgame content. This game is 10 years old, yeah, and if no one wants to play it anymore because people are all **** like you, so be it.
    the x5 Server has a cash shop, disposable characters , bad economy, bots, multiboxers and bad players everywhere.

3. I'd say the biggest draw for Medivh is the fact that it's free of cash shops. So no, you wont turn Medivh into Outlands by simply increasing the rates.
    And thats the crucial point. Why would Warmane want a high rate realm w/o a cash shop?
    Warmane doesn't want that Outland players change over to Medivh because there is no cash shop but also high rates.
    Medivh is a welfare realm and its not in Warmanes interest that the majority of the playerbase plays on a realm which doesn't generate any money.
    Edited: October 28, 2017

4. all the people saying things along the lines of " WHO CARES IF THERES NO ONE TO PLAY WITH WE NEED THE X1 EVERYTHING BLAH BLAH " im the gm of one of the last NA guilds. Ive seen probably around almost 10 raiding guilds die off in the past 3 weeks. The people in my guild who need heroics during the day etc while we are working cant find groups because the servers so dead. The only way that people in my guild get groups these days is either spamming for an hour minimum or waiting until the evening when all of us get home...... at that point how can you cry about blizzlike this blizzlike that when we cant even form groups.... a single player mmo isnt very blizzlike lol. TBH at this point even if it merged into outland i wouldnt care.

5. And thats the crucial point. Why would Warmane want a high rate realm w/o a cash shop?
    Warmane doesn't want that Outland players change over to Medivh because there is no cash shop but also high rates.
    Medivh is a welfare realm and its not in Warmanes interest that the majority of the playerbase plays on a realm which doesn't generate any money.
    Yeah I realize that its a dead end. I've been trying to get an answer on this issue for over a month now to no avail.

They want the server to die, fine.

6. If you want higher rates go to outland. To those saying that you cant get normal groups done its because you're here whining. I got all my heroic keys no problem, sometimes it took a bit to get the group going but you can run dungeons, people are running dungeons not here whining. Increasing rates changes the whole dynamic of the server. If you want high rates you have that available somewhere, dont come to the only x1 server asking for higher rates just go where you have that already and leave us alone. To those saying that this is not blizzlike TBC, back then it was not super easy to find dungeon groups unless you played right when bc came out and your server was popin, I actually find it easier to form groups in this server than back on retail and heroics are meant to be done with your guild, you can pug the easy ones but this is not wotlk so hard heroics should be done with guild.

7. If you want higher rates go to outland. To those saying that you cant get normal groups done its because you're here whining. I got all my heroic keys no problem, sometimes it took a bit to get the group going but you can run dungeons, people are running dungeons not here whining. Increasing rates changes the whole dynamic of the server. If you want high rates you have that available somewhere, dont come to the only x1 server asking for higher rates just go where you have that already and leave us alone. To those saying that this is not blizzlike TBC, back then it was not super easy to find dungeon groups unless you played right when bc came out and your server was popin, I actually find it easier to form groups in this server than back on retail and heroics are meant to be done with your guild, you can pug the easy ones but this is not wotlk so hard heroics should be done with guild.
    Listen kid, there are 15-20 x 70 players on in North American timezone, if you call that "ok" and "Acceptable" and everyone should stop whinging, you're a ******.

8. Dunno where the 1k number comes from, the other day I was on, it showed 239 alliance on under the Information graph, using /who, there were 72 online, that's Level 1 to 70 and like 19x 70s on. That's not 1000 players man.

9. In order to keep this debate respectable, I would like to motivate people to use a proper tone. I am completely certain that you guys can argue in a proper tone, rather than use degrading slander about each other. It's fair enough to be so passionate about this debate that it triggers you when people don't share your opinion, but slandering them will only get your comment (and therefore your comment + opinion) deleted.

But to actually respond to the people, who say that a x1 server with 1K population is better than expected - I really think you guys should try to doublecheck those numbers by using the /who function ingame. Disclaimer: I'm not trying to say that Warmane is forging their numbers, since that apparently gets you banned from forums.

10. Disclaimer: I'm not trying to say that Warmane is forging their numbers, since that apparently gets you banned from forums.
    It does indeed.

11. I guess it's useless - to ask administration to save this server?

12. I really think you guys should try to doublecheck those numbers by using the /who function ingame.
    I just used /who 1-10, /who 11-20, /who 21-30, and so on until level 70.
    Took around 7 minutes to check all alliance players online from 1-70 due to the cd on /who.
    Some players might have logged on/off in this 7 minutes time frame.

/who showed a total of 105 Alliance players online at 13:01-13:58 server time.
    According to the statistic on the website there were 370 alliance players online at 14:02 server time (4 minutes later).

So it seems like /who doesn't show all players that are online or something else is going wrong because the ingame numbers and the one on the website differ a lot.
    Edited: November 1, 2017

13. Lots of fear mongering going on here. With the failure of other hype servers, server pop has been stable for a few weeks now. If the staff did literally anything to promote growth, we'd be increasing in pop instead of remaining the same.

14. I play here specifically because it is 1x rates.

I had never played WoW before until a few years ago here on the formerly Molten realm. I joined the 1x Cata realm frostwolf.

Today the characters that i worked through 1x realms to 85 and PVP tied died with moltdown. ( only had 1 character). The emergence of warmane and the only cata realm available saw me hasting through the GAME just to get back to what i had lost.

I downloaded 2.4.3. a few weeks ago rolling an entire different class and starting over. Partly because I want to play WoW....mostly because the Cata realm here is dead, and partly because I want something to do. As mentioned I was new to WoW entirely until the Cata expansion, so i never had the chance to play this earlier content, most of which was and remains to be broken/unfixed in Cata to this day.

With that said, i appreciate this is a 1x realm....and will abandon my character ( i wont say toon, because to me that is not someone i actually care about) if the rats change. I get that some want a faster progression to end game. In that case, give them an instant 85 options, or otherwise move them to Outland. I play now because Cata on Warmane is dead, but want to stay with the same server. A server that gave me the joy of leveling a character from 1-85 at 1x rates.

First 12345 Last