1. I play here specifically because it is 1x rates.

I had never played WoW before until a few years ago here on the formerly Molten realm. I joined the 1x Cata realm frostwolf.

Today the characters that i worked through 1x realms to 85 and PVP tied died with moltdown. ( only had 1 character). The emergence of warmane and the only cata realm available saw me hasting through the GAME just to get back to what i had lost.

I downloaded 2.4.3. a few weeks ago rolling an entire different class and starting over. Partly because I want to play WoW....mostly because the Cata realm here is dead, and partly because I want something to do. As mentioned I was new to WoW entirely until the Cata expansion, so i never had the chance to play this earlier content, most of which was and remains to be broken/unfixed in Cata to this day.

With that said, i appreciate this is a 1x realm....and will abandon my character ( i wont say toon, because to me that is not someone i actually care about) if the rats change. I get that some want a faster progression to end game. In that case, give them an instant 85 options, or otherwise move them to Outland. I play now because Cata on Warmane is dead, but want to stay with the same server. A server that gave me the joy of leveling a character from 1-85 at 1x rates.
    You know this is a TBC server right, where the level cap is 70?

I get that 1x is important for a lot of players, no one is talking about removing it entirely. What is being suggested is having the option for people to chose either 1x or 3/5x rates. This will have zero effect on your own leveling experience. You can still enjoy 1x at your own speed.

2. You know this is a TBC server right, where the level cap is 70?

I get that 1x is important for a lot of players, no one is talking about removing it entirely. What is being suggested is having the option for people to chose either 1x or 3/5x rates. This will have zero effect on your own leveling experience. You can still enjoy 1x at your own speed.
    You know the thing about 1x servers is the fact that everyone plays by the same rules. Nobody is privileged to increased rates, bonus gold, mounts and so on. That's what makes 1x servers attractable, for me at least.

The problem with the server is not the rates. If you change the rates of the server in hope of increasing the population, while initially perhaps there would be an increase but overall there will be a decrease of players, no doubt. People that seek to play 1x servers will find other options and people who joined the server will realize they're better off to some other high-rate server with a better population.

There was close to zero advertisement of Medivh from Warmane when the server released. That's the issue. And now, unfortunately, people think this server has progressed too far, too low pop, and they're just better off waiting for the next big thing.

That said I still believe it's possible to attract players but absolutely not by increasing rate but rather by doing some good advertisement.

3. You know the thing about 1x servers is the fact that everyone plays by the same rules. Nobody is privileged to increased rates, bonus gold, mounts and so on. That's what makes 1x servers attractable, for me at least.

The problem with the server is not the rates. If you change the rates of the server in hope of increasing the population, while initially perhaps there would be an increase but overall there will be a decrease of players, no doubt. People that seek to play 1x servers will find other options and people who joined the server will realize they're better off to some other high-rate server with a better population.

There was close to zero advertisement of Medivh from Warmane when the server released. That's the issue. And now, unfortunately, people think this server has progressed too far, too low pop, and they're just better off waiting for the next big thing.

That said I still believe it's possible to attract players but absolutely not by increasing rate but rather by doing some good advertisement.
    But how does any of this effect you personally? Other than people playing a way that you don't agree with. You can level at your own pace and do what you want, but why deny other people the ability to do it a little bit quicker simply because you don't like increased rates?

TBC is a big time investment and in the nature of private servers there is a really high turnover rate of players, which is currently the issue. Way more people are leaving than joining. I have friends and have talked to others who say they don't have the time to spend every day leveling. So your average gamer might use 3-4 weeks before they even hit max levels. A whole month before you can even start playing the game, that's ridiculous. Obviously the threshold for joining this server is really high then.

I think a TBC server with high rates, but no cash shop would appeal to a large part of the community. It's a great expansion and arguably the best TBC server out there at the moment, but it's currently denying a large group of people the chance to play simply because of what I think is very archaic and elitist attitude. The whole idea and mindset that it's '1x or die' is *****ic to be honest.

Medivh was the first TBC server I played since retail. I had a blast leveling through all the content at 1x, I wouldn't want it any other way, but I can also acknowledge that other people might not see it like I do, and there is nothing wrong with that. Now that I've been thorugh the content with 2 characters the nostalgia kinda wears off, at least for me.

I guess I just don't see the problem of opening up the server for more people instead of limiting it.

4. well i just started playing on Medivh.
    i havent played any wow for 10 years, and made an alliance character (because i never played alliance side before)
    i sure hope the server isnt as dead as some people here say..
    you do get groups for dungeons in a reasonable time here?

5. well i just started playing on Medivh.
    i havent played any wow for 10 years, and made an alliance character (because i never played alliance side before)
    i sure hope the server isnt as dead as some people here say..
    you do get groups for dungeons in a reasonable time here?
    Wondering the same thing. Nice leveling experience so far, but yeesh... at least there are less gankers than Outland.

6. But how does any of this effect you personally? Other than people playing a way that you don't agree with. You can level at your own pace and do what you want, but why deny other people the ability to do it a little bit quicker simply because you don't like increased rates?

TBC is a big time investment and in the nature of private servers there is a really high turnover rate of players, which is currently the issue. Way more people are leaving than joining. I have friends and have talked to others who say they don't have the time to spend every day leveling. So your average gamer might use 3-4 weeks before they even hit max levels. A whole month before you can even start playing the game, that's ridiculous. Obviously the threshold for joining this server is really high then.

I think a TBC server with high rates, but no cash shop would appeal to a large part of the community. It's a great expansion and arguably the best TBC server out there at the moment, but it's currently denying a large group of people the chance to play simply because of what I think is very archaic and elitist attitude. The whole idea and mindset that it's '1x or die' is *****ic to be honest.

Medivh was the first TBC server I played since retail. I had a blast leveling through all the content at 1x, I wouldn't want it any other way, but I can also acknowledge that other people might not see it like I do, and there is nothing wrong with that. Now that I've been thorugh the content with 2 characters the nostalgia kinda wears off, at least for me.

I guess I just don't see the problem of opening up the server for more people instead of limiting it.
    WoW is a time-consuming game. If you don't have the time for it, bad luck. Try some other game, or better yet, go ahead and play on a high-rate realm. You asked how this affects me personally. It affects me that people, when they are vouching for high leveling rates, don't realize leveling is a part of the game. Read carefully now. Why Would You Limit All Rates But The Leveling Rates? I mean, if you're fine with increased leveling rates because "people don't have time", then why not have increased a) reputation- b) honor- c) gold- d) droprates as well? These are all time-consuming matters, and depending on who you ask, people prefer different aspects of the game. So for me, while I don't have any issues with the leveling, I dislike farming shadow labs for REP. I still need to do it. But according to your thinking, since for me, it's time-consuming and I've done it so many times in the past, I should get accelerated rates for farming REP?

People that want 1x REP rates can do their farming "at their pace" and why would they deny other people the ability to do it a little bit quicker simply because you don't like increased rates? Your words, not mine.

Do you see the problem?

7. Mods we really need an answer on this, I seriously never thought I'd see the server go below 500 on the website and it's regularly dipping to like 450 every night on the offpeak time. I can't believe the website was saying almost 5k just a few months ago. This is ridiculous, we have to do something. Open up transfers from outland to here maybe? Merge perhaps?? I have no idea but the server is becoming unplayable, especially for NA time players and with the daylight saving time change messing up our raids, NA is just really getting the short end of the stick here. This server was legitimately popping in the summer but so many of my friends and even whole guilds have quit or just left the server. It's really sad as this server does not deserve this fate, but it's Warmane so hopefully you guys can turn it around or do something about it? As for people suggesting a change to xp rates, I don't see much of a problem with it but it would definitely irk me a bit knowing I had to put in the time and effort that others did not. Clearly the realm won't be shutting down but what happens when it becomes Neltharion level? Will you keep ignoring the multitude of posts about the servers low population, and continue doing nothing about it? I make this post out of love for the server and the people playing on it, we deserve a higher population and so does this server. It's really a quality server. I'll stick with the server no matter how bad it gets because leaving will just make the situation worse but seriously... it's getting bad, less than 5k items on the AH. That's pathetic seriously. Can't even get healing potions on the AH most of the time. Even the forums are dead. 4/7 of your realms are basically zombies or empty shells and Lordaeron is on it's way. And yet you say nothing Warmane, let alone do anything (except take half our gold lmao) please, please we beg you do something :(.
    Edited: November 10, 2017

8. 4/7 of your realms are basically zombies or empty shells and Lordaeron is on it's way.
    You have your answer there.

Seeing how the other charity servers have been treated, there is nothing that tells me anything is going to be done with Medivh either. My impression from the Proterean interview in the dodgykebab review was that they don't really care much for charity servers. They don't produce any income and the cash servers alone justify having all the other ****ty servers up and running with very little effort.

9. so many of my friends and even whole guilds have quit or just left the server.
    This is the weak being purged. If they legitimately wanted to play TBC they would still be here.

10. x1 TBC server is not popular in 2017 year

Daym, what a surprise... not.

11. "If they legitimately wanted to play TBC they would still be here"
    All's said.

We are loosing people because of the adverse publicity on this forum.
    Edited: November 13, 2017

12. We really need server transfers, honestly. Would be great if I could get my priest on Medivh. At least merge the servers or something and make experience gain options like they used to have on Excalibur.

13. Nothing about this server is legitimate. The piss poor scripting and joke raid encounters.... just let it die

14. Wow, this thread is still alive and going. And most of the suggestions here basically say "we know we said what we said, but now we actually want Medivh to turn into Outland".

The hypocrisy is very real, I see.

x1 TBC server is not popular in 2017 year

Daym, what a surprise... not.
    ikr.

15. They didnt deliver what they promised ofc people left i was one of them.

People didnt suddenly change their mind about the server but they see there is no way to revive it so rather than having another Cata style future of "**** you" they ask for the only thing that will make their time spent here still worth aka merging/changing so that more people come.

A 1x TBC serv in 2017 had 3k on it and 7k in que cause it was what people were asking a pre nerf TBC 1x serv. The knee-jerk warmane reaction was just 1x version of their 7x server. A slap in the face to us who really thought this would be a hardcore 1x serv like Lord.

First ... 2345 Last