1. Is this behaviour the standard here?

Hey,

I'm new on Warmane and Icecrown. Just joined the server, was thinking about donating but wanted to try out first. Then this happened within first 15 minutes of playing:

https://imgur.com/a/DCF12

I send report ticket already. But back to my question, is such a toxic community the standard here? I hope not.

2. Kinda!
    its taking me not wanna get banned so i am not calling you a idoit "hint"

3. At least you are honest with me. ;)

Well, reading your comment also makes me believe the Warmane staff is active at banning people for insulting. That's important to know and definitely a good thing!

4. look at their names. they're either like 10, or they're trolls. either way not the best representation of the server. there are plenty of dicks, and there's plenty of nice people as well.

5. Yeah.. You know, normally I try hard telling people acting like that to calm down and sometimes even teaching some good manner if accepted, as good as I can. These special cases though would have been a waste of my time, I could see from the start of our "conversation". It was funny for me first I must admit, but things went downhill really fast, pretty much within an eyeblink. There will always be black sheep that's for sure. But still, such informations are important to me so I know what I get into. Its rare that I hit the report button in any game I play, but when I do then its bad cases so with good reason. Seeing people talking like crazy psychopaths no matter the age is not nice to watch for anyone, making me really feel sorry for them since its likely because of RL problems they might have. Its more of a scream for help their insults contain in my eyes ( it is also the only way I can manage to not falling into hulkragemode and strike back until there is no tomorrow). This doesn't mean punishment would be wrong. Some people just can't learn without.

Anyways, I will stay and keep playing on Icecrown and also putting effort in reporting more cases getting out of hand, so everyone gets a better time when playing. People make the community, and people should make it a good one - don't let it turn toxic. :)
    Edited: October 26, 2017

6. it's quite toxic if you ask me, not only the insults but also the behaviour of people. for example if you join an RDF HC there's quite a chance someone doesn't like the dungeon and will ask for a kick, you will not kick him because he queued for random and not his specific and so they will AFK.
    had a tank who wanted to do an achievement which was not quite possible for the group we tried once and wiped, afterwards we (rest of the group expect tank) agreed to just go on without endless wiping for an achievement THIS one tank wants, then he started showing attitude and went asking for a kick we said no just finish the dungeon and yes he went AFK and it broke the group completely.

i think you should find a nice guild to play with, pug's can be so toxic in many different ways.

7. You'll learn to deal with toxic people on Icecrown. In my opinion, there arent that many toxic players, but trash players who think they're good

8. It's worse on Icecrown than say Lord/Medivh/Outland. One of my recent experiences had me doing Pit of Saron via the dungeon finder. Healer had to drink mana after a chain of boss + trash pulls, tank + his buddy ran forward and pulled the next boss, healer arrived pretty late to the situation and the group wiped. They then blamed the healer for not being able to keep them alive, despite them pulling the boss alone and despite them also ignoring mechanics (Garfrost, sit behind rocks to let debuff drop etc).

Following that a DK (not with the other 2) decided he didn't want to be ressed because the healer was bad, then he spent the following time begging to be kicked from the group because he didnt want to wipe... While this was all happening the 2 other guys spent their time part speaking in some other language I didn't recognise, the other half of it they spent throwing abuse at the healer in english.

During this I explained that if they had followed the mechanics it would not have wiped, then some nonsensical stuff thrown at me about it being a private server, some logic that because it's a private server they don't have to be nice to other people, nor should they be expected to follow mechanics, the healer should just carry the burden of them facerolling the fight as an overgeared group might do..

Amazingly things calmed down and we killed the boss 4 man on the next try, with the DK still dead refusing to res up.. After the boss died he ressed and then left, with us refusing to kick him.. We then cleared 4man up to the final boss, narrowly wiped again due to mechanics and then after some more abuse towards the healer the other 2 of them left... Waited 5mins, group filled up and 1 shot last boss with no trouble.

I've seen a lot of this on Icecrown, non-english natives with broken (but still understanable) english playing together and being extremely abusive towards randoms, having very little self awareness or situational awareness and generally acting like selfish little children. Most of my playing these days is spent on Outland anyway, which isn't perfect but is a lot better in this regard.

9. Wait until you get into heroic dungeon runs then. Full of brainless people with broken English and fools who pretend to be great players, while flaming whatever they can. Gets annoying really quick, to be honest.

Another thing that is stupid is morons demanding for kicks or just flat out leaving dungeon after entering, if they don't like the dungeon they got and when you tell them to gtfo they start to flame like, just pathetic.
    Edited: October 27, 2017

10. This shouldn't be allowed, I do wish staff would take this kind of action seriously. Every day I see this happen and it disgusts me.

Don't make blood elf males, wtf.

11. After playing for a couple of days now I have been in 2 guilds already: The first one being the absolutely most toxic guild community I ever experienced, BUT the second one the complete opposite of that. It was so good decission joining it, felt like a breath of fresh sea air not having to read non-stop insulting eachother, very kind and calm people. So yeah, there are definitely player guilds that are social but in a healthy way!

@OhieMitzen Why? Don't tell me because male don't have nice pixel booty.. Not everyone seeing and playing their character from a pure sexual viewpoint, you know. I want to identify with my player character and it represents the person behind it. And as a man, I just can't do so when playing a female, it feels wrong and absurd. Well but tastes are different, right? ;)
    Edited: October 29, 2017

12. I want to identify with my player character and it represents the person behind it.
    So why aren't you playing human then?

please don't miss this joke too

13. High pop server tend to have a more toxic community as you're just a face in a crown, and don't face community judgement as there is so many people

14. So why aren't you playing human then?

please don't miss this joke too
    We are forced to play human race in so many games already. In fantasy (MMO)RPG's - where options are everyone's friend - I prefer to play as male elf, and Blood Elves are not just unique RP-wise, they also look much better to me (personally I dislike massive shoulders on my own character making it 2 meters tall - 2meters of width). Would love to wear huge beard on my BE, though :P

Well, but that's more a question of race and general look preference rather than gender. In this regard its just I'm male myself so I want to play as one in games too. And btw I rarely even play games where I am forced to play a female protagonist, if I can't change it in character creation - yes, it is true. No Tomb Raider games for me. Never, ever! ;)

12 Last