1. Is lordaeron dead?

I have a lvl 40 dwarf warrior here and I am worried and wondering if it's worth leveling here since alot of people say it's a dead realm and the pop is faked. I really want to play here because it's blizzlike but the low pop worries me. I don't want to waste my time.

2. Its realy dead. I moved to icecrown and happy now.
    There is always a lot of ppl lvling in every locations. I can even do dungs at any lvl.

3. It dead compared to its earlier glory days, but i guess its fine compared to other private servers...

4. What does "dead" mean to you guys?

I started my character end of august. I have leveled my character 1-80, doing all the dungeons I needed, at 80 I have people to to all sorts of content with.
    So what exactly does dead mean?

5. Its realy dead.
    Thats right if there isnt 6k+ online all times even off hours, ded server. ****ing hate this community... Play during peak hours and join Global chat and you will honestly see how lively it is at max level. You gotta realize this server has been out for awhile now and most are max lvl and dont level many alts since its 1x. But what do I know? ded server right?

6. When me and my wife started playing here this April, people were saying Lordaeron is dead. Apparently, they were saying this long before we started playing here, as I was looking through forums/Reddit page and saw a post of that type even in the beginning of 2016. Still, I wanted to re-experience how WoW was on retail shortly after end of BC when the community wasn't blown to pieces by LFG/LFR and other "quality of life improvements" (to this I count also heirlooms, which while making leveling alts faster, made low level BGs and dungeons lose their difficulty). Lordaeron rates, as well as lack of ingame cash shop made it an obvious choice.

As I said, we began in April, and wanting to enjoy the ride to 80 to the fullest, we took it at a slow pace. How slow? We finally dinged level 80 in October, half a year after we began. This gave me the possibility to look at this "dead" server much more closely than people that just power through the leveling process. What did I see?

World as vibrant as I remember it.
    World where world PvP wasn't rare occasion, rather a certainty of every day we played.
    World where when we wanted to do a harder quest, we always could find someone to group up to do it in a matter of minutes.
    World where if we wanted to go to a dungeon, we would start a group and do it. Yes, sometimes it took a while to get a group together, but that's exactly when you have a chance to interact with people in your group and make friendships that will last you through more than just one level or one zone.
    We did all the dungeons we wanted to do and quested successfully through all the zones whose story we wanted to learn. The only thing we found lacking was lower level battleground brackets, but that is more than understandable on a server of this age where most of player base actively playing are level 80s.

We have been level 80 for a few weeks now, and we are fully enjoying the experience. We do mostly battlegrounds and they are usually balanced, with alliance and horde winning after good fights where both sides give their best. Yes, sometimes it is an obvious victory of one side or another, but that is nothing that wouldn't be happening on live realms. Battles here are like ones on retail before battlegroups were introduced, where you are able to get a feel for your allies and your enemies, being happy to be fighting alongside a friend, and knowing that a hard fight is coming from approaching foe.

Being PvPers I can't comment on how is the raiding scene, but from what I've talked to people it seems to be open to new members, with new guilds always popping up and recruiting people to their roster. We needed to get gear from dungeons, as there are no "starter" PvP weapons, and the gearing process was fast, with us progressing from quest blues to almost fully over 200 ilvl in a week. Sometimes it was frustrating getting groups running for the less popular venues, though there's always something to do as a fresh 80 and filling up time between getting a group together comes easy.

We still haven't started running arenas seriously as we don't feel geared enough for them yet, though from the few matches we had just to get weekly points (and from what fellow PvP players told me) it seems that the arena matchmaking is wonky, and it was felt when we were matched with teams with obiously much higher ranking than us. Still, one can be optimistic and view this as a challenge, for succeeding here means that you really know what you're doing in the crucible.

I feel like I could go on and on about how this server captures what I think WoW has stopped capturing a long time ago, though I think that once something is so long it needs a tl:dr, it should stop.

So, tl:dr
    Lordaeron isn't dead, it just is less alive than it once was and this makes people go into doomsday mode. If you think you will enjoy the server's specifics (rates and adjustments), give it a try and let yourself be pleasantly surprised.

7. It's not dead, it's actually pretty good but too slow for low levels. Plus the (now) lower population and lack of dungeon finder makes it harder to equip yourself. So people really play "for fun", not quite competitively.

8. When me and my wife started playing here this April, people were saying Lordaeron is dead....

...Lordaeron isn't dead, it just is less alive than it once was and this makes people go into doomsday mode. If you think you will enjoy the server's specifics (rates and adjustments), give it a try and let yourself be pleasantly surprised.
    Just logged in to thank you for this post. As a returning player after 6 years and having 77 toon here, I can say this sums up my experience exactly.

After trying s lor of 1x realms across the private server scene, Lordaeron is the best non-vanilla realm available as of now.

9. Yesterday - 5466 online at peak EU hours. It's not "low pop" at all. 90% of retail realms don't remotely have that many players online at the same time.

10. Dead? No, it's still kicking. But being that moderators ignore player's pleas and close every thread dedicated to improving the realm it is quite obvious that it will get off life support pretty damn soon. People are leaving in bulks, good guilds are going AWOL and if you check global you can see that it is pretty damn silent. I log on only for guild raids as i feel obligated but I stopped enjoying the game long time ago.
    The worst thing is that there are no signs of improving and GMs aren't introducing/fixing/responding to anything related to the server. If you dare to differ you will be banned for "staff disrespect" and that's it.

11. Definitely not dead. Too many players if u ask me. Getting ganked in low level zones no matter where you go in Azeroth tends to get annoying when trying to quest or farm... But this also allows for a lot of pvp and fun. Peaking at 7000 during weekends is more than any other Blizzlike realm in the world has, and even some retail servers.

12. Do not worry when cross realm bg happens and similar stuffs (maybe realm transfer from icc) it will be more active!

13. This forum, as a whole, is more dead than the realm itself. When you have 3k players playing on both sides and constant BGs after level 70 (During peak hours), it's not a dead realm.

14. Do not worry when cross realm bg happens and similar stuffs (maybe realm transfer from icc) it will be more active!
    Do we really want full wrath lolmourne ppl in our bgs? Will it be balanced? Transfers will never happen.