1. [BUG] Name still taken after character deletion

Yesterday I created 2 characters and deleted after short time, because I wanted to adjust the looks and the class. What I first noticed was directly after deletion the character was still in the list of characters, but disappeared after going to character creation and going back to character list. Though the names I just chose were not available even after a day of waiting. Checking game if someone else took it by the time -> negative. Then I tried creating a new character with a different name and deleted it twice, with the result: character correctly disappeared directly from the list and the name was available again.

Tried the same on outland with deleting character once, character still on list but disappeared after relogging/ going in and out of character creation screen though the name problem was not present, thus still available. It seems the "name is not available" bug after deletion is realm or expansion specific.

(sorry if this is the wrong forum section for posting this, couldn't make new thread in feedback section for some reason)
    Edited: October 26, 2017

2. It is happening to me right now...fml

3. you have to wait for a server restart.

4. Just had this happen to me too. So this server restart will remove this "Ghost" character?

5. Yes, wait until server restarts and get your name back.

6. I only had to wait a few hours for my deleted name to be available, it doesn't seem to require a server reset.