1. Some questions about tbc era hunters

I played a mm hunter in wotlk. One of the very few that spec'd it, and I was pretty much always top raid dps in my guild. Enjoyed how it played, and worked out some good rotations. But a huge part of that was chimera shot, which does not seem to exist in tbc, and frankly my marksman talent tree feels cluttered with beastmaster and survival skills in this version.

I never liked how bm or survival play, if I am gonna hunter, I am gonna mm. So i guess my question, what is the 'chimera' sting of this version? Steady shot? Or is mm simply gimped in the pre wotlk era? Looking over the talent tree it sure feels a lot less refined for ranged damage, and seems underwhelming... but mebbe I am gettng ahead of myself. thoughts?

2. for context: raided as a hunter in 2 out of 3 top alliance guilds in Sunwell pretty hardcore until expansion fatigue set in for everyone.

MM was extremely gimped in TBC. There really was no reason to go MM.

There was no Chimera shot equivalent in TBC either.

TBC was either spamming steadyshot+kill command as BM, or doing a 1.5/1.0 steadyshot rotation as survival which was a bit more involving/fun - but dps took a decent hit just to provide the Expose Weakness buff to the raid.

BM Hunters were fantastic DPS throughout the expansion (only scaling up, they never lost steam as gearing/tiers went higher), but it was as BM spec.

3. Shot rotation of Survival in TBC is most similar to MM in Wotlk. MM was the top dps spec for hunters in WOTLK in Ulduar and beyond once you had enough armor penetration, so not sure why so few people you played with specced that way, but you probably should have been on top of meters if they were not.

MM is playable in PVP if you're good, but as far as pve goes your dps will be well below others unless it's on a fight where pet management is overwhelming enough to nerf their dps considerably.

4. I played when wotlk first came out, i was leveleling from 1 when other players where leveling from 70, so by time I hit raids it was still fresh in the expansion, things were almost as new to everyone as they were to me, and people were still stuck in tbc beastmaster rules all thinking.

This is a pvp server, and silence shot is a hunters best tool for pvp, and soloing some stuff as I recall. Gonna see what i can do with a mm build, but it def looks like I will be getting a splash of bm too. might work