1. Best professions for Rogues PvE/PvP

What are the best professions for PvE on TBC?

I read somewhere JC could make unique gems and Lw for the drums. What about enchanting? Information seems kinda vague and incomplete

Also for PvP whats decent?

Thanks in advance!

2. Most common combination is Engineering + LW, really good combination for PVE/PVP. Later on at Sunwell levels JC becomes a big deal in PVE for the neck.

3. Most common combination is Engineering + LW, really good combination for PVE/PVP. Later on at Sunwell levels JC becomes a big deal in PVE for the neck.
    Why the engineering? What benefits PvE wise? Thanks alot for the reply!

4. Why the engineering? What benefits PvE wise? Thanks alot for the reply!
    The most obvious reason is the easy access to a T5 quality helmet for relatively little effort, and in PVP the stealth detection aspect of it.

5. for leveling alchemy is pretty good
    herbalism has lifeblood which can heal you
    with alchemy you benefit more from potions, elixirs and flasks. also you make buffs and healing pots

6. for leveling alchemy is pretty good
    herbalism has lifeblood which can heal you
    with alchemy you benefit more from potions, elixirs and flasks. also you make buffs and healing pots
    TBC doesn't have Lifeblood.

Engineering is nice in PvP with the extra stealth detection helm. Enchanting has the decent ring enchants, some nice extra stats. Blacksmithing Mace is quite good in PvP as well.

In PvE: LW is a must have for the Drums of Battle. The second profession... personally I really like Blacksmithing for the Hammer. It's the third best weapon in T5 (better than Kael'thas Mace when the procrate gets fixed), behind Talon and S2 Sword. Eventually you will replace it with Talon though so it might not be worth rolling BS just for that. Same story with Engineering, the helm is really good but you'll replace it with T5 helm. Enchanting would be the best bet for a permanent profession IMO, the ring enchants will always be useful.

7. They recently nerfed Rod of the Sun King from 21% to 13% proc rate, for sure Dragonstrike is a good option but you could farm the gold to sell for coins to buy Talon of Azshara from the store faster than you could even get Dragonmaw, which is also expensive to craft, that's without considering the Vortexes needed for the Dragonstrike upgrade. And beyond T5 you have Blade of Infamy and S3 weapons too, so I don't think Blacksmithing for Dragonstrike is worth it for a Rogue at this point.

If you look forward to the future then the neck from Jewelcrafting is extremely good, you'd have to decide if Clutch of Demise + Ring enchants is worth it vs Hard Khorium Choker.

8. So to get highest ap i should go jwc/enchanting ?