1. Population Cap Increase

I understand why on a private server, a population cap of 12000 is necessary. But Icecrown is -without a doubt- the most popular world on this server. On weekends, for more than half a day Icecrown is at Pop limit with MASSIVE queues. So, perhaps we should increase the limit to 15000 so more people can play? It's really annoying, when I want to play with my friends and they obviously dont want to wait two hours.

2. They have answered multiple times that they currently dont have plans to increase the limit. The limit is already pushing the game to its limits. It just wasnt designed to handle more than a certain number of players per server.
    Only possible way would be some revolutionary step in emulation.

3. Go donate like $20 and bam, no que.

4. I'm gonna paraphrase what OhieMetzen says on these threads.

Increase lag, increase server crashes, increase ganking, increase players competing for quest mobs, you get the idea.

5. More in detail:
    First of all, the game is not designed to support a population of 12,000. Much less go higher than that. By this, I am referring to the amount of lag in Dalaran (fps and latency), difficult competition for ore, herbs, quest mobs, etc. The list goes on. The systems of the game break down when there are this many people. Allowing more than what there already are is not an option. This is not something that can be "fixed" without redesigning many core components of the game, and doing so would make the game be something other than WoW.

Secondly, if the queue upsets you that greatly, then there are some options you can pursue. Since you aren't interested in playing on another realm, then you can either 1. don't play at peak times, or 2. donate a small amount so you can skip the queue.

6. Every day I'm asking myself the same question:
    How can somebody have money for a computer, electricity and a internet connection but can't spare 10 euro to skip the queue?

7. I am really wondering how can they skip queue for 10 euro. If the cap is 12.000 how can people get in there ? Is server disconnecting some people at the same time ??? Becuase someone need to be log off so someone can log in.
    Edited: October 29, 2017

8. I am really wondering how can they skip queue for 10 euro. If the cap is 12.000 how can people get in there ? Is server disconnecting some people at the same time ??? Becuase someone need to be log off so someone can log in.
    !2 000 people online
    100 donors log in - server is at 12 100.

The first non donor about to log will have to wait untill server goes 11 999 so he will join the server.

At least that's how I heard, sorry if I'm mistaken...

9. Then the cap is all about non-donor players, not about server latency ???
    Edited: October 29, 2017

10. !2 000 people online
    100 donors log in - server is at 12 100.

The first non donor about to log will have to wait untill server goes 11 999 so he will join the server.

At least that's how I heard, sorry if I'm mistaken...
    I'm curious why it never shows more than 12k players online then.

11. I'm curious why it never shows more than 12k players online then.
    Don't ask me, I'm not responsable for it. This is how I've heard from a moderator, however...
    I do actually wonder the same, but if I have to try my lucky guess, I'd say the cap is set at X so on website it will show untill X only, idk...

12. How about population DECREASE ?
    Server stability in peak EU times is not impressive.

13. How about population DECREASE ?
    Server stability in peak EU times is not impressive.
    YES! I'd settle for at least 10k.

14. Go play on lordaeron where is realy mans play not kids with parent's paycard

15. When I returned a couple months ago had no problem or very little with interface lag but rarely saw queues logging in at any time during the day. Since coming back a couple to a few months later, I see queues in excess of 2 hours now and I see interface lag pretty often though I am sitting at 100ms. I can understand its the ISP and hops to get o tthe server but I tink it has to do with the huge population. I think that maybe they need to reduce the auto log out time limit. Keep the people who AFK in town off and let the people who want to play get in. Though they could also open up servers instead of cutting back.

12 Last