1. people running around in heroic gear they didn't earn

watching people running around in heroic gear they didn't earn cause they bought it has become such a turn off for me on this server. lordaron server is a x1 server but im afraid to even bother going there because of lack of population. anyone else feel the same way. i feel like you need to buy the gear even to have a chance to getting into certain raids or even guilds. like wars pally and dks needing to have shadowmourn as a requirement.

2. like wars pally and dks needing to have shadowmourn as a requirement.
    There are 3 requirements to join guild <insert guild name here>.

- Having a proper attitude (not a drama queen, willing to learn and improve upon yourself, generally friendly).
    - Not being mentally handicapped.
    - Having some amount of gear that is properly gemmed and enchanted so that you're not dead weight in a raid.
    Edited: October 29, 2017

3. There are 3 requirements to join guild <insert guild name here>.

- Having a proper attitude (not a drama queen, willing to learn and improve upon yourself, generally friendly).
    - Not being mentally handicapped.
    - Having some amount of gear that is properly gemmed and enchanted so that you're not dead weight in a raid.
    -Being 6.3k+
    -Not needing gear but wanting to gear others alts

4. Getting into a raiding guild is not difficult, however if what you are looking for is a carry through all of the content without having put any effort into your character, that is a different thing.

5. watching people running around in heroic gear they didn't earn cause they bought it has become such a turn off for me on this server.
    Either jealousy, or envy, not sure which you are at this point, Why does what other people do affect you, and how YOU choose to play here, no one is forcing anything, joining a guild is easy, and gearing is simple AFTER you put in a bit of work in the reg's and HC's on your first toon.

lordaron server is a x1 server but im afraid to even bother going there because of lack of population.
    This part made me laugh, there is a very healthy population there, it isn't Icecrown's numbers, but more than enough to have a decent experience. which means you're on here to complain, or just lying about wanting play with people that earn the gear.

In any case, try using the search function, chances are there have been many complaint threads ( such as this one ) and could avoid posting repeated post topics.

6. people running around in heroic gear they didn't earn cause they bought it
    They probably worked (or should I say, earned?) and donated to get that heroic gear so they can have fun in a game. Also providing warmane some money to upkeep the server and work on fixing things.

7. watching people running around in heroic gear they didn't earn cause they bought it has become such a turn off for me on this server. lordaron server is a x1 server but im afraid to even bother going there because of lack of population. anyone else feel the same way. i feel like you need to buy the gear even to have a chance to getting into certain raids or even guilds. like wars pally and dks needing to have shadowmourn as a requirement.
    A server with 5K at peaks is a lack of population? Ridiculous

8. actually they earned it, albeit not come from conventional grinding ways
    Edited: October 30, 2017

9. watching people running around in heroic gear they didn't earn cause they bought it has become such a turn off for me on this server. lordaron server is a x1 server but im afraid to even bother going there because of lack of population. anyone else feel the same way. i feel like you need to buy the gear even to have a chance to getting into certain raids or even guilds. like wars pally and dks needing to have shadowmourn as a requirement.
    I completely agree with you. Lately, I've noticed so many people running around in ICC 25 Heroic gear, and they only have like 1 or 2 achievemnts from ICC 10... freaking hilarious! What a joke! lol.

10. Does awesome gear make a noob worse?

11. Does awesome gear make a noob worse?
    Yes, cause when you point out the fact that its laughable that a 6k dude doesnt know that if you engage Sarth directly all the mobs will attack you, they start to get aggressive and report you for donor bashing.

Ive been on Molten for 7 years now and its just a fact that the skill level of players fell dramatically since then. All the good players from the times when you couldnt buy chars stopped playing and sold their chars to the new age 12btw players. Too bad that such a good server has such a bad player base.

12. Yes, cause when you point out the fact that its laughable that a 6k dude doesnt know that if you engage Sarth directly all the mobs will attack you, they start to get aggressive and report you for donor bashing.

Ive been on Molten for 7 years now and its just a fact that the skill level of players fell dramatically since then. All the good players from the times when you couldnt buy chars stopped playing and sold their chars to the new age 12btw players. Too bad that such a good server has such a bad player base.
    It's good to know things weren't always like this.

13. Yes, cause when you point out the fact that its laughable that a 6k dude doesnt know that if you engage Sarth directly all the mobs will attack you, they start to get aggressive and report you for donor bashing.

So what do you have to say to someone who is in the top 10% of their class on retail with some top 2% parses who donates for gear?

14. There is something you dont like? Its simple, leave.
    Find another server to play or stop crying please...
    There is 293782382873 threads made by people crying about donors in BiS gear.
    HELLO, PEOPLE WHO DONATE ARE THE REASON YOU ARE ABLE TO PLAY HERE AND NEVER SPEND A CENT.

15. Either jealousy, or envy, not sure which you are at this point, Why does what other people do affect you, and how YOU choose to play here, no one is forcing anything, joining a guild is easy, and gearing is simple AFTER you put in a bit of work in the reg's and HC's on your first toon.

This part made me laugh, there is a very healthy population there, it isn't Icecrown's numbers, but more than enough to have a decent experience. which means you're on here to complain, or just lying about wanting play with people that earn the gear.

In any case, try using the search function, chances are there have been many complaint threads ( such as this one ) and could avoid posting repeated post topics.
    The gear other people use actually has a huge affect on other peoples gameplay, come on don't be blind just for the sake of trying to moral highhorse him. Some considerations for you.

1. Gear on Icecrown is no indication of experience or skill, in a traditional system as the gear level of a character increased the "average" skill level increased also (better geared players were on average also more experienced and skilled). The gear itself was an indication of experience because it is acquired through raiding.. This is effectively entirely absent on Icecrown.

2. Average gear level on Icecrown is extremely high and combined with gear and skill having no relation the gear level asked/expected of players from pugs or guilds is often far beyond what might usually be reasonable for any raid, people are trying to overcompensate for a lack of skill and/or experience. This obviously has a pretty big negative impact on players who are not paying for high end items to get a head start.

The result of the above is that all raids are effectively just roflstomp zergfests, you're not getting a true raiding experience but rather the experience of massively overgearing content while then having to compensate for the lack of skill or mistakes/low performance of certain players... It's extremely different to doing the content in a more organic fashion, as would be done on retail (or Lordaeron).

3. I play on Lordaeron alliance (since launch day) and the place is a ghosttown now, it probably doesn't help that it takes longer to level up there than it did on retail and when you hit level cap it takes longer to gear up, because there is no dungeon finder system and finding a group can be difficult. It's not like TBC where content is a stepping ladder with attunements, WOTLK works in a seasonal fashion where content and gear becomes quickly outdated and abandoned, and as a result it's quite difficult to do that content when the majority of the already low playerbase isn't interested.

Icecrown is a mess of a server because of the shop, but the players who play it are enjoying that kind of game. Outland is a much healthier model of the same concept (mostly only releasing outdated gear to the shop to allow catchup), but eventually it too will end up like Icecrown. An Icecrown with no shop for current content gear and 1x rates on everything other than levelling would be a much more attractive middle ground.
    Edited: October 31, 2017

123 ... Last