1. Yes, but you need to have bad luck to see one. Im leveling at low pace and only encounter 2 bugs in dungeons.

2. Another one good idea! If majority doesnt want rdf...its okay, just dont use it, but dont get in the way of other ppl.

3. Agree if u dont want use df dont use but let give chance who want use! They nerfed icc coz ppls couldnt make so hope they ll enable rdf because ppls cant find groups without it.

4. Agree if u dont want use df dont use but let give chance who want use! They nerfed icc coz ppls couldnt make so hope they ll enable rdf because ppls cant find groups without it.
    there's a big difference between physically not being able to do content, and being to lazy to look for a group. someday you guys will realise your opinion means less than jack **** when it comes to this.

5. Heirlooms destroy RDF...cos you'll get that one fully loomed mage running ahead pulling everything, and that is just one of the examples I've seen on retail since heirlooms were implemented.

I liked the addition of RDF in wotlk, but I can accept it not being on this server, it's a bummer not having it, but it's not a game breaker for me.

6. Lordaeron is currently the best server to play on.

Almost everything works perfectly, there is a quality social factor in PvE due to no RDF, and questing progression is more enjoyable for mature players who don't care to level up as soon as possible. I don't quite understand why everyone moved to icecrown, I tried playing there and it was just annoying watching everyone with 6.8k GearScore and no challenge in PvE or leveling.

7. Dungeon finder is a convenience feature that should be included for sure because it is optional. Server is also not big enough to find groups easily.

If players prefer to do it manually, they can, getting rid of the dungeon finder doesn't magically convert the players who use it, it actually makes most of the them leave or not bother. Even if you take the time to get a party, Dungeon Finder cuts down on the travel time and enables all the dungeons.

Can be compared to fast travel in rpgs, is using it most fun? Do you have to do it because it is in the game? No it's a bloody choice, do what is right for you, walk everywhere if you want to.

It makes no sense to turn it off, the only explanation is that those who prefer to do it manually funnily enough want to make it more convenient for themselves to find groups, because of course those who prefer the convenience of the dungeon finder are not happier without it. There is no one correct way to have fun.

8. Can be compared to fast travel in rpgs, is using it most fun? Do you have to do it because it is in the game? No it's a bloody choice, do what is right for you, walk everywhere if you want to.
    Just like playing on a server that has RDF disabled is a choice. Apply your logic to playing on Lordaeron, not to RDF.

9. Just like playing on a server that has RDF disabled is a choice. Apply your logic to playing on Lordaeron, not to RDF.
    Fair enough, i agree with you. The only reason i would like lorderon to be more flexible is because it is the only populated 1x wotlk server, and i don't believe it is because of the lack of rdf. Probably finding groups is easier at a higher level, but it can be quite challenging while leveling, especially at not peak times.

Apparently lorderon used to be a more populated server and no rdf worked better, and those who started earlier had a better leveling experience. Of course playing on it is a choice, but dungeon finder would make it a lot more viable to run dungeons at least while leveling.

10. They could enable rdf just only at lvl 80 so people won't go to the same dungeon everyday. That is not progressive, that is just boring. I dont mind having disabled rdf betwenn 1-79 tho.

11. I've got a backlog

70 lock lfg Outland dungeons
    63 Hunter lfg Hellfire Citidel
    48 Shaman (ele) lfg Zul'Farak
    63 Priest (heal) lfg Outland dungeons
    51 Rogue lfg Sunken Temple
    61 Mage lfg Outland

feel like I'm playing a single player game.
    Edited: December 14, 2017

12. Since he seems so keen on opinions, figured I would share mine. Heirlooms .... are friggin ridiculous and the only people who cry about them are just lazy. If you don't want to put in the effort of playing and leveling your character without awesome gear ... then don't play. It is utter stupidity to start on a server with established rules ... like no RDF or heirlooms, and expect them to kiss your butt and change it just for you. Guess what ... those were not secretly left out, it was all written in the notes and such. So ... either you just didn't bother to read them and want the game to run how you want, or ... you read them and are just so self entitled that you think it should run your way. Either way .... it is not Warmane looking bad there.

I see people complaining about not finding groups and such. I am new to the server, joined a Guild ... and there are usually at least 1 or 2 groups around my level doing stuff, and a group or two of high end players doing stuff. I am sure some will have the "I don't want to be in a guild" mentality. Well ... don't complain about not being able to find a group, when you choose to not join a larger group that would give you increased opportunities to find groups. All while choosing to play on a private server that you KNOW has a very limited population.

Do I like the way it is all set up, probably not if I thought about it. I just don't bother thinking about it that much, because ... it is their game, they can run it how they want. It is not a democracy.

Common sense, the least common and least used of the senses.

P.S. ....... why do you people play the game but want crap like the heirloom weapons, and x2 or x3 xp? Do you want to just let someone else play and level the characters too? I mean ... if you are going to be lazy ... go big or go home.

13. The low population is not because of no rdf or heirlooms.

It's because the realm was meant to be "progressive" which ended as soon as everyone was level 80 and did ICC and quit.
    Explain to me then why Icecrown is still Warmane's most popular realm, going 12k strong since launch? .. yeah, people must really hate being level 80 and doing just ICC.

Also, @Obnoxious - because Lordaeron is the only x1 realm with over 1k players on at most times? Although, the number are beginning to dip again. Used to be a 2k pop low, now it's down to 1.2k.

It's becoming blatantly obvious that, despite all the pro-RDF arguments which are listed on these types of threads (which pop up every other week if we're to be honest), the only reason staff have not to enable RDF is profit.

If Lordaeron's pop were to grow, especially if the numbers came from Icecrown, that'd mean more people playing the game but not donating or paying for items.
    And honestly, I'm fine with this. It's a rational business decision. I just want them to come out and say it, instead of hiding behind "it was designed to be this way", as if the script of Lordaeron fell from Heavens and can never be altered, 'lest you invoke the Wrath of God's Vengeance.
    In truth, it's probably closer to changing a line of code - RDF_enable="1".

14. Explain to me then why Icecrown is still Warmane's most popular realm, going 12k strong since launch? .. yeah, people must really hate being level 80 and doing just ICC.

Also, @Obnoxious - because Lordaeron is the only x1 realm with over 1k players on at most times? Although, the number are beginning to dip again. Used to be a 2k pop low, now it's down to 1.2k.

It's becoming blatantly obvious that, despite all the pro-RDF arguments which are listed on these types of threads (which pop up every other week if we're to be honest), the only reason staff have not to enable RDF is profit.

If Lordaeron's pop were to grow, especially if the numbers came from Icecrown, that'd mean more people playing the game but not donating or paying for items.
    And honestly, I'm fine with this. It's a rational business decision. I just want them to come out and say it, instead of hiding behind "it was designed to be this way", as if the script of Lordaeron fell from Heavens and can never be altered, 'lest you invoke the Wrath of God's Vengeance.
    In truth, it's probably closer to changing a line of code - RDF_enable="1".
    You forgot to tip the tinfoil fedora.

If we only cared about "profit" like that we wouldn't have opened Lordaeron - or Medivh - in the first place. We've been at this for years, we've opened "welfare" servers before. But when someone believes that "sticking to the original plan" is "hiding behind," the palm can only head in straight collision with the face.

15. there won't be a vote. the realms main design was around being a hardcore progressive realm with no rdf. they've said time and time again that they will not enable it. get over it or play on a different realm if rdf means so much to you.
    LF ALL EoFs FARM EVENT TIRISFAL GLADE!

Come farm 200+ EoFs in one day! :D
    Edited: December 20, 2017

First 123 Last