1. A very very simple question

My question is very very simple and doesn't require much. Lets go:
    Why is it harder to get gear in the pvp realm (blackrock) than in the pve realms? Explaininig: in the pve realms you farm honor for off parts, then you get a little rating and buy these parts with arena points. In Backrock you need to get arena points 2 times a week to buy even off parts. Now anyone from staff, lets see how you twist this: Why is it harder to get gear in the pvp realm than it is in the pve realms?

2. Blackrock has 2 flushes a week while blizzlike state would be 1 flush a week.

You're already getting double the arena points.

You're also getting the previous season's gear for free while, on every PVE realm, you have to grind honor for it & suffer though playing with zero gear.

The gear up system Blackrock has allows you to experience a sense of progression & feel invested in your character. For that, I find it a good system.

3. "Sense of progression" and "feeling of investment" on pvp server? really? That's pve bull**** and you know it.

None of old Arena Tournament players agree with those ideas. Almost everyone had VIP account or donated full gear. Mind you, it was merely 5$ for single character and 20$ for account wide.

Or simply played for the gear, which was fast. I still remember getting almost full gear in ~3 weeks on my first DK on Arena Tournament.

Blackrock is not the most popular arena/pvp realm anymore and gear is definetly one of reasons.

Arena should be about putting your mind and skill against other player. Not that you grinded 20 games biweekly for 6 months.

EDIT:

Notice that after gear was wiped they included coin shop for gear. 23 coins (or roughly 20 eur) per piece.

My memory is failing me on time scale but order of events is clear, at least.

While solid capitalist strategy, I doubt it worked out even short term (Naturally we don't know exactly unless staff discloses information about coin shop sales on Blackrock).

On longer term they will be receiving even less from Blackrock.
    Edited: November 1, 2017

4. Speak for yourself, my main is a mostly rele druid that just got shoulder rating yesterday. Feeling pretty good about that. Definitely better than I would if all the gear were handed to me (on a silver platter).

Look, if you're skilled enough to compete in the highest ratings, you shouldn't have any problems getting 2K or close with mostly starter gear. At that point, we're speaking about ~800 AP per reset, which is ~1600 AP a week: enough to buy one or two piece of gear every week. With income like that, you're geared in a relatively manageable amount of time.

(This is subjective and it still isn't instant, true.)

But if you're full rele and stuck at 1700, gear should be the least of your worries.

The population of Blackrock has actually been increasing. You're just crying for free stuff, and the only "argument" you can provide in favor of it is, "I like free stuff".

PS: name the more PVP server, lol. I hope you don't mean the Russian one.

5. But if you're full rele and stuck at 1700, gear should be the least of your worries.

The population of Blackrock has actually been increasing. You're just crying for free stuff, and the only "argument" you can provide in favor of it is, "I like free stuff".

PS: name the more PVP server, lol. I hope you don't mean the Russian one.
    First the rating argument is so private server its a joke. As you said, 1 piece per week. In a pve server you can buy the off pieces with honor, making the gearing process faster than the so called Pvp server. About the population, some guy already proved on reddit that the population number in the site is not true at all, so dont go that way. And no one is crying for free stuff, theres plenty of suggestions to improve the server but it falls on deaf ears, not only the staff but players like yourself who pay to much homage to the server owners to see whats happening.