1. Kara without a Warrior

Hi, is it possible to raid kara without a warrior tank? We have a pally and a druid. Gs is about 2.4k. I heard you need the fear immunity of the warri for a boss but cant you just use a tremor totem instead? Any experience raiding without a warrior would be appreciated

2. It is absolutely fine to raid karazhan without a warrior tank. Tremor and fearward helps though.

3. I've done Nightbane without a warr tank - you can have resto shaman healing tank while being breaking boss Line-of-sight at the same time and when boss fears, shaman drops tremor totem, so fear breaks instantly (rather than relying on tremor to tick while you are feared yourself). Fear ward helps as well, but you would need a lot of priests to cover all fears, since it happens every 30 seconds...

Use druid tank for all heavy hitting bosses and you'll be fine. The only other boss you might have some issues is Netherspite (optional), because using a pala tank there is very tricky (mana & threat issues).

4. Losing Demoralizing Shout can be painful too, but there are replacements for it.

5. Allright, thank you all very much :)

6. I've tanked all bosses in karazhan as a feral druid probably close to 15+ times now without a single problem. All you need for nightbare is tremor.
    The only bosses in current content that would be a challenge to tank as a feral tank is Kael and Hydross, rest is doable.

7. Yeah, the boss those guys are talking about is Nightbane. All other bosses are fine to do with a pala or druid. NB's fear happens every 30 seconds, which is also about the same as the cooldown of Berserker Rage. If your tank on NB is not a warrior, you risk losing an MDPS on every fear. Even 0.01 seconds of the tank being feared means the boss will turn to other targets, most likely also Cleaving them, most likely one-shotting them. Even as a warrior, I've had trouble on that boss for those 0.01 seconds when I couldn't cast Berserker Rage due to GCD and the boss killing an MDPS in the process. The cast of Bellowing Roar is 2.5 sec, GCD is 1.5 sec - this means that if you're in a GCD when NB starts casting his fear, you'll most likely be late with Berserker Rage and say goodbye to the 2nd highest threat on the list. Gratz to Blizzard for having Berserker Rage (as well as all interrupts) on the GCD on TBC. Fear Ward has a 3-min cooldown so it cannot cover all fears, Tremor Totem ticks are waaaaay too long so the shaman has to do what the guy above said. And even with a tank warrior, stance dancing can actually cause you to die if NB hits you with a melee crushing + Cleave while you're in Berserker Stance.

I hate Nightbane.
    Edited: November 2, 2017

8. if you're good you'll have enough threat to not be global'ed on fear. and in regards to melee getting killed, they're feared aswell, so no, he won't go for melee unless they resist or LOS it.
    and you'll never be crushed either if you're fast enough. you sure spend a lot of time whining on forums instead of improving your gameplay, but i guess that's a whole nother discussion.

I love nightbane because it's actually really easy to tank but people think it's hard, it's not. i've carried several bad geared groups with **** tanks that i replaced. this fight relies on tank being able to pick up all skeletons too and watching him for when he comes down at the same time.

edit: i guess this turned into a bit of bashing aye

9. Globalling on fear is one thing I'm still working on and I accept the bashing on that. The rest is just meaningless gibberish. Yes, MDPS do resist the fear. Yes, I've had NB melee me 3 times in a row + Cleave, with one of the melees being crushing after taking down my Shield Block. And that's with gemmed & chanted 2.7k gear. It's like saying that tanking Gruul >10 takes skill when literally you die from 2 melees in a row. If NB uses breath, then lands a melee, then lands Cleave, you're most likely 100-0 dead within a 2-second window. The only thing that can prevent that is defensive cooldowns, or luck. The main reason for wipes on this boss for me has been my own death. And this is coming from a tank who has never died a single time to Prince or Maulgar, even through progression, even after seeing tanks getting completely destroyed by these bosses.

And idk what you're talking about with the skeletons and stuff - that's the easiest part of the fight.
    Edited: November 2, 2017

10. The only bad RNG I'v had as a druid tank on Nightbane is if you get feared and he does flamebreath at the same time. Other than that, never had any issues tanking him with only tremor.

11. Well, I guess I'm just incredibly unlucky then. I mean, people have told me that many times already, so I can accept that. I've tried tanking him with only tremor - was horrible.