1. Why would any donor stay on a private server when he can play the same xpac on retail?
    Cause people like getting stuff without having to work for it.

2. Classic doesn't mean vanilla 1.2

it will likely be super homogenized like current wow

not even coke classic is really original

3. Well they did say it was going to be an authentic classic vanilla feeling.

Group finder and cross realms? Dont count on it.

4. Classic doesn't mean vanilla 1.2

it will likely be super homogenized like current wow

not even coke classic is really original
    If they deliver an "updated" vanilla server the people will not let them forget that

You cant tease people with what they wanted for so long (and blizz knows what serv people wanted cause they talked with the Nost people) and then deliver some "can aggro 5 mobs and still not die" BS

What i think we will get in the classic serv that wasnt there at the start is the wow shop and achievements.

5. Most likely it will include Vanilla end game patch with:

a)Fixed several bugged things that were fixed in later patches
    b)Massive exploit fixes
    c)Current graphic models
    d)Some improvements for spells and bosses
    e)Some additional things like working macros,added addon support,gpu/cpu support
    f)Additional things available thru web managment such as faction change,race change,instant level to 50,added mounts and similiar perks like RAF.

I doubt it will include any rdf/rf/achiemvent/arena.

If the model of Vanilla will be only monthly fee i might start multiboxing there.Due to Kaplan saying 3 years ago "you think you want it but not" coming back to his face its pretty safe to assume if vanilla hits really big numbers both tbc/wrath might make return tho that is purely speculation.

The current stand point is that massive people i know will play retail Vanilla classsic due to

a)Hardiness of game (gear is not earned lightly)
    b)Godlike old raids for fun (40 man is fun despite ****storm)
    c)General idea of game back then which stayed fondly in each of us
    d)Getting Bg farming 24/7
    e)Your reputation on server will be one you will not be getting rid of ,you earn your rep thru your deeds (forget about ninjaing something or you will never find a good guild)

6. aka there is plenty of people who want to buy gear and just play endgame
    probably plenty of them to. leveling gets old after so many alts.

7. Do you think there'll be a line to walk for the team, then? Somewhere between creating that authentic experience that people have asked for, while also figuring out what doesn't make sense anymore? For example, with the Intellect buff, is it important to you that players do need to drink after casting it?

J. Allen Brack: Yes. That's part of the level 60 experience. Our goal is to recreate that classic 1-60 gameplay. Some things changed as time went on, with different patches. How does that get manifested? That's one of the outstanding questions. But yeah, the goal is to recreate that exact experience, for better or for worse.
    This is the answer they gave about how they want to make it. The experience they talk about is 1.12.1 btw.

Achievement are imo a must since they were really welcome by the community, they dont change the gameplay and they actually prolong playtime.

8. Im wondering if they gonna change anything interms of spell mechanics and class balance.
    I mean, many specs were not even viable in raids.

Also, I can't recall how balanced pvp w/o resilience was back then.

Gonna be fun to see the endless AV battles again where u can only win when u kill the Boss. I hope they won't rework AV.

9. probably plenty of them to. leveling gets old after so many alts.
    It's probably quite delusional to think that even the people who most fiercely loathe the cumbersomeness of leveling wouldn't be immensely attracted by the security, permanence, and authenticity of having an actually fully legitimate character under Blizzard's proprietorship.

10. It's probably quite delusional to think that even the people who most fiercely loathe the cumbersomeness of leveling wouldn't be immensely attracted by the security, permanence, and authenticity of having an actually fully legitimate character under Blizzard's proprietorship.
    i wouldn't count on them being permanent. all depends on how much money they bring in. either way im guessin they'll be plenty of us who have 0 interest in blizzard. time will tell.

11. Tbh saftey of blizzard is unparalleld,so if they do vanilla exp right with some right changes i em dffo gonna play even if single play.But il keep playing here too,been here too long to quit now .)

12. Why would any donor stay on a private server when he can play the same xpac on retail?
    They lose claim to bragging rights as soon as they enter a retail realm.

13. If they will also release a TBC and Wotlk realm in the future then Warmane will have some serious problem.
    Why would any donor stay on a private server when he can play the same xpac on retail?
    Even if they do also release servers for TBC and Wrath, I don't see Warmane going anywhere anytime soon for three reasons.

1. Warmane is hosted in Russia (I think), therefore making it very hard for Blizzard to attempt to shut them down.
    2. Warmane offers high rate leveling as well as the option to purchase gear for players who don't have a lot of time on their hands.
    3. Warmane is very likely going to keep all their realms as PVP realms whereas Blizzard is going to eliminate PVP realms altogether.

There are probably more reasons than what I've just listed, but these are all I know right now.
    Edited: November 4, 2017

14. The one thing that will make people play retail servers if they release all xpacs is security and longevity.

When you play on private server all your progress, time and money can vanish over night without anyone having to give you any reason. Thats what happend when Moltdown accured. I know i can have my past 3-4 years on warmane lost in a heartbeat without knowing what the **** happened.

Just look whats happening to the vanilla and tbc private scene. How many cash grabs, failures and mutinies by staff happened in the last year. Some unnamed Legion server even has a bitcoin miner in the launcher.

People dont want that, they want to know their work cant be just erased without notice.

15. The one thing that will make people play retail servers if they release all xpacs is security and longevity.

When you play on private server all your progress, time and money can vanish over night without anyone having to give you any reason. Thats what happend when Moltdown accured. I know i can have my past 3-4 years on warmane lost in a heartbeat without knowing what the **** happened.

Just look whats happening to the vanilla and tbc private scene. How many cash grabs, failures and mutinies by staff happened in the last year. Some unnamed Legion server even has a bitcoin miner in the launcher.

People dont want that, they want to know their work cant be just erased without notice.
    To be fair, even retail can just end its WoW service without telling you or legally telling you.

First 1234 ... Last