1. 1 dk 4 pala - question about dk talents and abilities

I have never really played dk other than leveling so I don't know how to use them properly, also first time I am trying it out in my multiboxing group.

What spec do I use for dk? I know the main purpose of the dk is to slow, grip and tank. It should be frost but I don't know which talents to take, could someone post a link to a build that work for pve and pvp?

What abilities do you use on the dk? Since they share resources I am not sure which ones to use.
    For example:
    Death coil and Frost Strike uses runic power. I guess I will basically only use Frost Strike since I should always be within melee range. Could maybe setup death coil to be used when I use Exorcism but might be a waste of runic power since I assume Frost Strike should do more dmg, maybe.

Abilities that use Frost Rune: (might be more)
    Icy Touch, Chains of Ice, Obliterate, Death and Decay, Howling Blast, Death Strike.
    I assume I use only Icy Touch and Death and Decay in PVE because of the high threat.
    I assume I will use only Chains of Ice in pvp.
    I assume I won't use Death Strike at all.
    I probably won't use Obliterate or Howling Blast at all in either PVE or PVP to save on Frost Runes.
    I assume I won't use Icy Touch or Death and Decay in PVP.

I think the best build is something with ~51 points in frost and remaining to get things like death grip cd..

Another possible build would be 27/37/7. Would get Abomination's Might (10% AP for everyone), Mark of Blood, Reduced Death Grip cd, abilities and slows in frost but not damage dealing talents.

A Frost/Unholy build could also work. Would get the main abilities and slows from frost (but not damage) and permanent ghoul, reduced magic damage taken and anti magic zone.

----------------------

One build that I am mainly thinking about is this one:
    https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#jME...hbzZ0xR:cs0MVm

It would make the dk more defensive while also adding 10% AP for everyone (hopefully Sheath of Light AP -> SP converts that also for more damage and healing).
    I think Hungering Cold would break instantly so probably a waste.
    It would have 25s instead of 15s Death and Decay cd which would be annoying when doing dungeons but might be worth it.
    It would not really get any damage increasing talents which would make the damage of the dk very low (but "Abomination's Might" might make up for it by making the paladins do more).
    Might be a threat issue if dk can't do enough damage.
    Edited: November 4, 2017

2. I would go with this build for PvP: https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#j0v...mrckbu0uzAof0M
    Glyphs: Howling blast, Frost Strike, anti magic shield
    Spell priority: HB>FS>Chain of ice>plague strike>blood strike/pestilence

- if the opponent kites spam chain of ice as much as possible and ofc use deathgrip
    - Glyph of HB is good because it gives u a AoE slow which makes it for groups of opponents harder to escape from u.
    - Using Obliterate is optional. If u wanna use it u have to put 3 points from KM into annihilation instead. I prefer using the frost runes for Chain of ice instead because slow is always important.
    - U should fight in unholy presence and switch to frost presence when u take heavy dmg. Unholy presence makes ur DK move as fast as ur ret palys and also lowers the GCD which makes u able to spam frost strike faster which is the main dmg source of the frost spec.

U can also use this build: https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#j0E...GMxtcrckbu0uzh
    It gives +10% ap to the ret palys but u lose reduced cd on deathgrip and Howling blast.
    I prefer the first spec.

3. One build that I am mainly thinking about is this one:
    https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#jME...hbzZ0xR:cs0MVm
    Problem with this build is that the DK deals zero dmg like that.
    U put most points into frost but u dont have Frost strike which is the main dmg source of a frost dk.
    Also, in terms of PvP its better to put points in offensive talents than in deffensive talents. Deffensive talents like increased dodge or reduced chance to be hit are for tanking but have low benefit in PvP.

Its true that the DKs main job is to support the Ret palys but he should also be cappable to deal some dmg.
    With the first build that I have linked in the previous post the DK can actually deal dmg that is very close to the one of the ret palys, sometimes even more.

When it comes to tanking:
    U can actually use the PvP spec for tanking as long as u are in frost presence. U don't really need deffensive tanking talents like increased dodge unless u wanna tank raids.
    When u wanna tank multiple mobs in dungeons I would always start with howling blast followed by death and decay. That gives so much aggro that the ret palys shouldnt be able to steal aggro with aoe dmg like from divine storm or SoC.
    On bosses use Icy touch, it gives the most single target aggro.
    Edited: November 4, 2017

4. Which server are you talking about?

Dont waste your time trying to PvP multibox 5x melees on Icecrown.

This setup performs on 60% of its potential thanks to the ridiculous >0.6 second delay.

Because of the server delay you wont be able to hit your divine storms.

On your screen it looks like the target is 5 yards away from your master.
    Truth is the target is >8 yards away from you + the delay between your slaves and target means your divine storms often wont hit even when your DK is standing directly on top of enemy.

Note to mention >80% of BGs are vs premade.

This setup in full relentles on blackrock is 2 times stronger than bis (no shm) geared on Icecrown.

5. Thanks for replies.

Is it really true that Icecrown would be bad for multiboxing?
    I haven't seen any lag so far, I have 33-44 ms latency. I have not done any pvp at all except I killed 2 players that tried to jump me. I didn't notice any lag but didn't expect any so didn't think about it.

I have just lvled to outlands so I barely started playing, could easily switch but feels like blackrock would be the worst to play on. With ~650 players that is ~300 players per side. Assuming some are lvling even less. Feels like it would be barely any bgs and the people that play would probably be more dedicated players. I don't know what blackrock is like, it feels like a "arena server" from the news post about it I read.
    Feels like Icecrown and Lordaeron would be better. Can it really be 80%+ premades with 12k online players on Icecrown? That sounds weird.

6. There is >0.6seconds delay in PvP on Icecrown.

I wouldn't recommend melees on icecrown because of the delay. Divine storm is the most important ability and when you are not able to consistently hit moving targets you are losing huge portion of your damage and healing.

BGs are dead. On alliance >60% of players have green leveling gear. On horde it is the same premades with tryhard BG guilds queing everyday.

I had 4-5 games in a row when I played vs the same premade with 12k players online.

7. Maybe u have some connection problems tommy 1998 because its definitely not as bad as u make it look.
    Its true that Icecrown has some delay during peak times but its definitely not 0.6 seconds.
    I don't multibox a melee team there but when I solo play my warr I have no problems in PvP due to lag.
    Also I don't have any lag issue when I multibox my shami team there.

My experience when it comes to BGs is also very different.
    Icecrown has actually the most active pvp scene and BGs are far from dead.
    There are premades on both sides and to my experience alliance and horde have a pretty balanced win/lose ratio.

Imo when u wanna do PvP Icecrown is by far the best realm for u xandor.
    Blackrock is more for testing purpose because u are instant 80 and get free gear. Blackrock becomes exremly fast extremly boring because there is pretty much nothing u can do as a multiboxer except BGs. U can't even get any gear because everything requires arena rating.
    So yeah, go on Icecrown. U wont regret it.

8. Maybe u have some connection problems tommy 1998 because its definitely not as bad as u make it look.
    Its true that Icecrown has some delay during peak times but its definitely not 0.6 seconds.
    I don't multibox a melee team there but when I solo play my warr I have no problems in PvP due to lag.
    Also I don't have any lag issue when I multibox my shami team there.

My experience when it comes to BGs is also very different.
    Icecrown has actually the most active pvp scene and BGs are far from dead.
    There are premades on both sides and to my experience alliance and horde have a pretty balanced win/lose ratio.

Imo when u wanna do PvP Icecrown is by far the best realm for u xandor.
    Blackrock is more for testing purpose because u are instant 80 and get free gear. Blackrock becomes exremly fast extremly boring because there is pretty much nothing u can do as a multiboxer except BGs. U can't even get any gear because everything requires arena rating.
    So yeah, go on Icecrown. U wont regret it.

Lot of the top players stopped playing on Icecrown because of the delay.
    Getting penance to 50% of castbar while moving, bladestorming 3 yards from target and he doesnt take any damage etc.

This delay affects melee multiboxers even more because you have to count in the delay of your slaves and target.

I assume you are playing horde. Ask all other boxers who played BGs as both alliance and horde. They will tell you its much better on horde.