1. Shadowmourne VS Bryntroll

What is better for DK? Bryntrollor or Shadowmourne?
    Shadowmourne has cool damage and strength - 223 vs 185
    Bryntrollor has a very cool proc that give ~2500 damage and 2500 heal you.

btw what is Bryntrollor chance to proc?

2. Shadowmourne is better cause of the stats, the higher weapon damage and the proc, which deals shadow damage (scales with talents).
    Bryntroll's proc deals shadow damage aswell with a proc chance of 11% from both melee and strikes, but since it has no internal cooldown it can proc a lot.
    For example, Scourge Strike's physical and shadow damage portions can trigger it at the same time - 2 procs at the same time. So it's based on luck.

3. Shadowmourne is better cause of the stats, the higher weapon damage and the proc, which deals shadow damage (scales with talents).
    Bryntroll's proc deals shadow damage aswell with a proc chance of 11% from both melee and strikes, but since it has no internal cooldown it can proc a lot.
    For example, Scourge Strike's physical and shadow damage portions can trigger it at the same time - 2 procs at the same time. So it's based on luck.
    Thank you for your answer!!!

I wanna ask you:

- is Shadowmourne chance to proc only for melee attack? like sm has 3.7 - 16% from talant - 15% from Upresent =~ 2.7 attack speed, and I get the sm proc after 27(2.7*10)sec?

- what skills can make proc for Bryntroll? for example, coil can proc..?

- what is your choose?
    Edited: November 5, 2017

4. - Im not sure about Shadowmourne procking, I think it's from some Strikes aswell. It has no internal cooldown, which means it can stack up pretty fast. It might take you less or more than 27 secs (probably not, just making a point). It's about chance.

Bryntroll procs from the following:
    - Melee attacks
    - Plague Strike
    - Blood Strike
    - Heart Strike (Both from main and close targets)
    - Both the shadow and physical part of Scourge Strike
    - Obliterate
    - Not sure, but maybe Rune Strike
    - Frost Strike (Should test this one)
    That's pretty much it. Spells can't proc it.

Since I cant get Shadowmourne my choice is Bryntroll HC and Im happy with it. Proc is fun and the burst is great! It's like owning people a lot faster, kinda helps fixing the only problem of Unholy DK and that's the lack of burst.

Quotes from players in game:
    - Bro that weapon is bugged.
    - Bro that's stronger than SM.
    Guess Bryntroll is very strong on it's own. Shadowmourne has the edge on passive stats + weapon damage, plus the proc is strong aswell.
    Bryntroll heals, which is nice, and procs often with no prior stack build up. Just spontaneous damage.

5. - Im not sure about Shadowmourne procking, I think it's from some Strikes aswell. It has no internal cooldown, which means it can stack up pretty fast. It might take you less or more than 27 secs (probably not, just making a point). It's about chance.

Bryntroll procs from the following:
    - Melee attacks
    - Plague Strike
    - Blood Strike
    - Heart Strike (Both from main and close targets)
    - Both the shadow and physical part of Scourge Strike
    - Obliterate
    - Not sure, but maybe Rune Strike
    - Frost Strike (Should test this one)
    That's pretty much it. Spells can't proc it.

Since I cant get Shadowmourne my choice is Bryntroll HC and Im happy with it. Proc is fun and the burst is great! It's like owning people a lot faster, kinda helps fixing the only problem of Unholy DK and that's the lack of burst.

Quotes from players in game:
    - Bro that weapon is bugged.
    - Bro that's stronger than SM.
    Guess Bryntroll is very strong on it's own. Shadowmourne has the edge on passive stats + weapon damage, plus the proc is strong aswell.
    Bryntroll heals, which is nice, and procs often with no prior stack build up. Just spontaneous damage.
    Thank you for the answer!!!
    I try to google the question and some people write that a skill: 'Plague Strike' - can produce triple proc: -physical damage and from two dots(not from the period damage, only when the dots set) - is it true?

If you have a choose what weapon will you get?

6. Shadowmourne > Bryntroll

Shadowmournes weapon dmg, strength buff, dmg from chaos bane, will always win over RNG proc from Bryntroll...

Sure, 2 procs in a row can be nice, but u wil also have arena games in which it wont proc more than once.

If u have unlimited funds, and want to donate a LOT, get Shadowmourne.

If u have 150 coins only, i would advise u to get Bryntroll, Wrat Shoulders, DV hc, Apocalypse Advance, and couple of more good pve/pvp "hard to get" gear parts.

7. Shadowmourne > Bryntroll

Shadowmournes weapon dmg, strength buff, dmg from chaos bane, will always win over RNG proc from Bryntroll...

Sure, 2 procs in a row can be nice, but u wil also have arena games in which it wont proc more than once.

If u have unlimited funds, and want to donate a LOT, get Shadowmourne.

If u have 150 coins only, i would advise u to get Bryntroll, Wrat Shoulders, DV hc, Apocalypse Advance, and couple of more good pve/pvp "hard to get" gear parts.
    Thank you for the answer!
    maybe you can help me with a question:
    does SM stack(get proc point) only from melee/autoattck or from Strike - like Plague Strike, Blood Strike as well?

8. Supposedly all strikes proc it, except for Scourge and Plague which should proc 2 stacks instead of 1. Im not sure about how it works, never had a SM.

9. Smourne > Bryntroll in all cases. Having said that, Bryntroll is a decent weapon for UDKs and BDKs. Any other class/spec should completely ignore this weapon.

10. Both Shadowmourne and Bryntroll can proc from both Melee strikes and abilities such as: Plague Strike, Blood Strike, Heart Strike, Death Strike, Obliterate, Frost Strike, Scourge Strike (can proc 1 or 2 times from this ability cos of its double hit mechanic).

11. Bryntroll is better for 2 dps comps because of sustain.

12. Both Shadowmourne and Bryntroll can proc from both Melee strikes and abilities such as: Plague Strike, Blood Strike, Heart Strike, Death Strike, Obliterate, Frost Strike, Scourge Strike (can proc 1 or 2 times from this ability cos of its double hit mechanic).
    Thank you for the answer! it is what I want to know!

13. Shadowmourne provides more damage even when Bryntroll works flawlessly, which it doesn't. Right now abilities that apply diseases don't proc Bryntroll, which reduces its potential on DKs. Plague Strike doesn't give you 2 chances at the proc and Icy Touch, Chains of Ice, Pestilence or glyphed Howling Blast don't even proc it at all. Interestingly enough Dark Command can proc it if you're in melee range, which can help you leverage slightly more usefulness out of it, although nowhere near what it should be.
    Edited: November 8, 2017

14. Well idk the slightest how it was on retail, but Bryntroll procing from glyphed HB sounds OP as ****, for instance in AV you HB a group of 20 ppl u can theoretically get 20 procs, logically at least for me it should proc from melee attacks right ?

15. Well idk the slightest how it was on retail, but Bryntroll procing from glyphed HB sounds OP as ****, for instance in AV you HB a group of 20 ppl u can theoretically get 20 procs, logically at least for me it should proc from melee attacks right ?
    Any ability that that has a disease applying component is supposed to proc Bryntroll as long as you're in melee range. If an ability is a melee strike and has a disease applying component (Plague Strike), it gets two potential procs. 20 people is an average of 2.2 procs or around 6k damage/healing, not very significant to a group of 20 people. Interactions with Hungering Cold could be unfortunate depending on whether the proc is applied before or after the CC as it could break it instantly but you could just face away from your targets or not be in melee range to avoid that.
    Edited: November 8, 2017

12 Last