1. Snuske - Discord bot for looking up GearScore, Enchants, et cetera.

UPDATE: I have released this project so anyone can create their own Discord bot. I recommend doing that, because I no longer maintain this project. Download and installation can be found here: https://github.com/mortenmoulder/Snuske

This is my first forum post here, so please bear with me.

I have been developing a Discord bot for Warmane Icecrown, which I call Snuske. I have been testing it with my guildies the last few weeks, and it is being used a lot. The bot's goal is very simple: Help verify a player's items without inspecting them.

Snuske has the current features and commands:

• !gs [CHARACTERNAME] - Shows the player's GearScore
    • !ench [CHARACTERNAME] - Returns which enchants the player is missing (taking class into account, so classes like Warriors do not require ranged weapon enchant but Hunters do)
    • !ench [CHARACTERNAME] - Returns if the player is missing gems (taking Belt Buckle into account - this is a must)
    • !armory [CHARACTERNAME] - Returns a link to the player's Armory profile
    • !summary [CHARACTERNAME] - Shows a complete summary of a character
    • !help - Shows basically what this says

It connects to Warmane's Armory API and grabs the user's items from there. Fast and efficient!

Is this something you would be interested in? It is easy to invite the bot using the DiscordApp.com website (open URL -> select channel -> submit). You don't even need to readd it, if I add more features!

If you are interested in this bot, and you want to see it grow, let me know if you have any suggestions for it. Any feedback is also welcome, as this is my first Discord bot!

Authorize Snuske to your channel, by going here and selecting the server: https://discordapp.com/oauth2/author...&permissions=0

Known bugs and quirks:
    • The GearScore does not update if you equip a new item. Give Armory time to update (can be triggered by relogging your character)
    • Characters equipping a "held in off-hand" item will always show missing enchant, if the character can equip a wepaon or shield in that slot. This should only be a bug for shamans wearing an off-hand, as it has already been accounted for on priests, mages, druids, and warlocks. I will probably not fix this, because it will take a lot of work.

SCREENSHOTS:

Edited: March 10, 2021

2. Thanks a lot for the amount of "installs" Snuske has gotten! I already see it being used a lot by you guys, so thanks a lot for that.

You can whisper me in-game on Icecrown Horde under Ruskesnusk, if you want to chat up

3. Thanks a lot for the amount of activity Snuske is getting! We have reached 500 commands sent total!

I have added a !summary command, which now shows a complete summary of a character.

I have fixed a minor issue with GearScore calculations as well, so it should show the correct GearScore for everyone now!

4. Don´t know if you answear this somewhere else but.

Is it possible to include achievement information into the bot. Maybe include it in the summary?

Edit: thanks for helping the community! kudos

5. Don´t know if you answear this somewhere else but.

Is it possible to include achievement information into the bot. Maybe include it in the summary?

Edit: thanks for helping the community! kudos
    Oh hey, thanks for the suggestion! Yes, I actually just made this a few minutes ago. Here's an example of the summary:

Edited: December 1, 2017

6. Hi Snuske, I am going to give my feedback.
    1. Gear score calculations are mostly correct; however if the one being inspected is using a transmog the gear score appears lower. Is it possible to fix these types of calculation?

2. Sometimes the !armory does not provide a link to his/her armor, maybe it's a problem from warmane' side.

3. The summary looks neat. Though I haven't tried it.

4. thank you for your contribution and making this bot.

7. Hi Snuske, I am going to give my feedback.
    1. Gear score calculations are mostly correct; however if the one being inspected is using a transmog the gear score appears lower. Is it possible to fix these types of calculation?

2. Sometimes the !armory does not provide a link to his/her armor, maybe it's a problem from warmane' side.

3. The summary looks neat. Though I haven't tried it.

4. thank you for your contribution and making this bot.
    Thanks for your feedback!

1) Are you sure about this? Transmog does not and should not count towards the calculation. You can give me an example of a character with the wrong GearScore, then I'll try to see it for myself.

2) It should work - I was playing around with it yesterday, so maybe you tried at a very unfortunate time.

3) Thank you!

4) You are very welcome - I love helping :-)

8. Amazing support, guys! I get whispers in-game and feedback on here.

Over 1000 commands has now been sent through Snuske - Thank you guys so much!

9. Best fuking discord plugin ever, almost perfect job. Simple, fantastic design, thank you so much for investing your time in this.

10. Wow, really well done Sir.

Any chances that u can make it work for Lordaerons Armory aswell?

11. Hi mortenmoulder2,

Thank you for developing this discord bot. I would like to give my feedback:

Regarding the !summary command, it is inaccurate for players with Blacksmithing as their profession. In particular, snuske will tell you that I am not gemmed on my bracers and gloves (even though I socketed it and gemmed it already).

Thank you once again. Happy Holidays

12. Best fuking discord plugin ever, almost perfect job. Simple, fantastic design, thank you so much for investing your time in this.
    Thank you so much!

Wow, really well done Sir.

Any chances that u can make it work for Lordaerons Armory aswell?
    Thanks! I'm not really into other realms. It's really only meant for Icecrown right now, but I plan on making the whole source open for everyone to see (on Github) after Christmas sometime. Then people can do their own modifications and release their own bot :-)

Hi mortenmoulder2,

Thank you for developing this discord bot. I would like to give my feedback:

Regarding the !summary command, it is inaccurate for players with Blacksmithing as their profession. In particular, snuske will tell you that I am not gemmed on my bracers and gloves (even though I socketed it and gemmed it already).

Thank you once again. Happy Holidays
    Thank you for the feedback! Oh, that's something I completely forgot you could. Can you send me the name of a character, which has this bug? I will make sure to fix that asap!

Happy Holidays to you as well!

Because it's Christmas, you can wish @Snuske Merry Christmas! It will respond with a random Christmas message ;-) Happy Holidays!

13. Hi mortenmoulder2,

The character that has this bug are the following: khoevl, Ceodori, Wimi, Siindra, Smeldor, Skybringer, Draeneiqt, Dejansrb, Hitass, Tanrikulu, Blooddiamand

All of these guys, have 450 Blacksmithing, and I'm sure they don't slack on their gems :D

Thank you and Seasons Greetings.

14. Great Job on this! I'm surprised more people aren't using it, or have said thanks! Thanks for contributing to the community! This add on is fantastic!

15. Would it be possible to provide the source for this? I'd like to attempt to recreate it for Outland.

123 ... Last