1. Raid Lockout reset - Daylight Savings time & North American raid hours

Hello Warmane - Medivh staff,

My name is Yukarg, and I am guild master of Y I K E S, a North American Horde guild on Medivh. It occurred to me and my other officers that the Daylight Savings time that affects All of North America and some European countries was not accounted for on the server Raid Lockout Reset timer on Tuesdays.

To make a long story short: This is Catastrophic for the North American raiding guild presence on this server. I will explain why in detail below:

Depending on who you ask, there are about 3 main North American raiding guilds on Horde making meaningful raid progression on Medivh right now. Materia, The Lazy Peons, and Y I K E S raid on Tuesday, and the reset time was intrusive on progression even before the Daylight Savings Time went into affect.

The Raid Lockout reset time is set at 4 AM Server time, which was equivalent to 12 PM Eastern Standard time, or 9 PM Pacific Standard time. I know for a fact that Materia raids until 1 AM Eastern Standard time, making the reset actually interrupt their raid night progress on tuesdays even before the Daylight Savings went into effect. Having the reset occur at 12 PM EST creates a hard cutoff even in the middle of boss encounters.

This brings me to the main point: Having the Daylight Savings time unaccounted for on the Raid Lockout reset time creates an unnecessary disadvantage for North American guilds. With the Daylight Savings time unaccounted for, the reset time for the server is now at 11 PM Eastern Standard time, or 8 PM Pacific Standard time. This puts the raid lockout reset squarely in the middle of Peak North American raiding hours. This is unacceptable if you wish to keep the North American playerbase on Medivh

We humbly ask that you take a look into the reset time for the raid lockouts on Tuesday, and if possible push it back until 6 AM server time instead of 4 AM. I don't know of any NA or EU guild that raids that early, and most players are not online at that time to be affected by reset at that timeslot.

- Yukarg.
    Edited: November 6, 2017

2. +1, hopefully this is a simple change that would make a big difference.

3. +1 I am an officer in Lazy Peons, the 4AM server time restart has affected our raids in the past and will even more now because of Daylight Savings Time.

4. +1, It would be super helpful for many players if raid reset was pushed back by two hours.

5. Would be amazing if you could fix this. I know its not your fault this scenario exists but if such a tiny thing ruined the best tbc server for all of na that would really be a shame.

6. +1

This was already a problem for our guild. Forcing us to end raids at EXACTLY 12:00 est with no room to go over raid time (If we're close to a kill for instance.)

Having a raid reset occur with an hour left in our strongest raid night would be absolutely crippling.

Tuesday night has been a standard raid night for many NA guilds since retail. And the only possible start time for an NA guild is 1:00am server, because any earlier and west coasters are still leaving work. The raid reset would occur two hours after this time.

Please implement this fix as soon as you can.

7. +1

Please adjust the server reset time as this directly affects our ability to push progression

8. I agree that the raid lockout reset need to be push back for the NA guilds.

9. +1 The Raid reset is unfair. Mr. Krabs is in there!

10. +2 because I'm worth at least 2 votes.

11. +1 since TBC content takes too damn long to clear

12. Then don't raid on Tuesday.

:)
    Thanks for the suggestion. We'll just have almost every NA guild re-arrange their lives so that we can raid on nights that absolutely don't work for people right now.

Or, just change the arbitrary and nonsensical raid reset time which happens too early on a standard raid night which people have become accustomed over 10 years of wow raiding.
    Edited: November 6, 2017

123 Last