1. I Stink at Playing the Melee Class. Help!

Hi!

When I first started playing WOW back in 2010, I started with a Druid and leveled him up no more than 40. Although it's pretty easy to take down Mobs, it becomes very hard to fight PvP when the enemy player just keeps moving. The Melee range being short, I'm unable to take down players even lower leveled than me. So, I quit and moved on to a Spriest. I loved it! There was no more issue with my attacks not reaching the target and I was owning it. But I love classes such as Warriors, Feral Druids and DKs more than casters. I started a Paladin just to try it out and when I almost lost a Duel from a player 5 levels lower than me (Also a Paladin) I actually quit WOW.

I started again this year with a Spriest but I really want to play Melee classes. I've seen YouTube videos where players are so good at moving+casting spells. I really can't focus on both the things, I can either move thru AD keys or cast spells. I haven't seen any video which explains how people do it. I'm not a clicker when it comes to moving but it's still a pain understanding how to stay in range to deal Melee damage while moving.

I started an Uh DK. I was able to kill a Hunter and Spriest (same level) solo but that was because they were stupid enough to not move at all. If the target starts moving, I have the issue of not being in range of attacking, almost always.

If anyone has any suggestions or knows any guides on this topic, do let me know. Thanks!

2. The problem is that u turn left and right with the keyboard.
    That is a huge no go in PvP.
    Instead use ur mouse to turn left/right. U do that by moving the mouse left/right while holding down the right mouse button.
    There is a easy way to test the difference between keyboard and mouse turning. Jump up and try to make a 360° before u hit the ground.
    U will notice that turning with the mouse is much faster.
    Even as range class u should use the mouse for turning.
    For example u can do what is called a "jump shot". While runing away from a opponent u jump up, make a 180° spin, then use a instant spell on ur opponent and spin again 180° back in the direction u were runing.
    This way u can attack opponents while runing away from them with out losing any movement speed.

3. Hi!

When I first started playing WOW back in 2010, I started with a Druid and leveled him up no more than 40. Although it's pretty easy to take down Mobs, it becomes very hard to fight PvP when the enemy player just keeps moving. The Melee range being short, I'm unable to take down players even lower leveled than me. So, I quit and moved on to a Spriest. I loved it! There was no more issue with my attacks not reaching the target and I was owning it. But I love classes such as Warriors, Feral Druids and DKs more than casters. I started a Paladin just to try it out and when I almost lost a Duel from a player 5 levels lower than me (Also a Paladin) I actually quit WOW.

I started again this year with a Spriest but I really want to play Melee classes. I've seen YouTube videos where players are so good at moving+casting spells. I really can't focus on both the things, I can either move thru AD keys or cast spells. I haven't seen any video which explains how people do it. I'm not a clicker when it comes to moving but it's still a pain understanding how to stay in range to deal Melee damage while moving.

I started an Uh DK. I was able to kill a Hunter and Spriest (same level) solo but that was because they were stupid enough to not move at all. If the target starts moving, I have the issue of not being in range of attacking, almost always.

If anyone has any suggestions or knows any guides on this topic, do let me know. Thanks!
    use mouse to move and rotate camera and set 2 keybinds to strafe.i use mouse to move forward and strafe with A and D.reckful one of biggest WOW pvp legends use Q to autorun(yes this is how he move forward with autorun) and strafe with Z and X.the point is you have to find your own way of moving that dont feel awkward to you.the only way to do that is to play a lot of this class until you build muscle memory and feel the movements righ.
    also keen in mind that warmane is trying to provide decent ping for both EU and NA players,the results is everyone have higher ping of what they will have if they play only with people on their region.a lot of times on your screen you can be on top of someone but the game tells you "you are our of range" and you cant hit the target.this is one huge problem for people who are new to melee classes and you have to learn how to deal with it.
    Edited: November 7, 2017

4. Hold the right-mouse button and turn with the mouse, NEVER with your keys. About not being able to focus on both abilities and your screen - it comes with practice, just put your abilities on the action bar and learn where they are. If you constantly need to look at your abilities, then you're almost entirely blind to what's happening and of course you will die to 99% of the players. It's like trying to drive without knowing which pedal does what and constantly looking at your dashboard instead of the road. How long do you think you can drive like that before crashing?

5. Do not roll feral for pvp on Icecrown.
    It's incredible hard to shred your opponents without stun ( =wasted berserker), thanks to usual prime time delay.

Lordaeron is perfect for feral-ing.

warmane is trying to provide decent ping for both EU and NA players
    My usual ms is 60-70, i've never lagged before, my game was smooth as **** (that's why i rolled feral).
    Novadays it's nightmare to play meele class cause sometimes it's imposible even to spam mangle due to "You have to face your target", meanwhile my ping remains the same - 60 ms.
    Lordaeron is flawless, zero delay there even in prime time.

So it's realm side problem, not connection issue.
    I believe we must blame heavy load of the server, so i would like to drop maximum amount of players to 10k.
    By sacrificing freeloaders administration could make good experience for these who care about the project and support it.
    Edited: November 7, 2017

6. Do not roll feral for pvp on Icecrown.
    It's incredible hard to shred your opponents without stun ( =wasted berserker), thanks to usual prime time delay.

Lordaeron is perfect for feral-ing.

My usual ms is 60-70, i've never lagged before, my game was smooth as **** (that's why i rolled feral).
    Novadays it's nightmare to play meele class cause sometimes it's imposible even to spam mangle due to "You have to face your target", meanwhile my ping remains the same - 60 ms.
    Lordaeron is flawless, zero delay there even in prime time.

So it's realm side problem, not connection issue.
    I believe we must blame heavy load of the server, so i would like to drop maximum amount of players to 10k.
    By sacrificing freeloaders administration could make good experience for these who care about the project and support it.
    I have been playing both sub rogue and feral for a long, long time here. I have never had an issue getting backstabs or shreds off because of a delay (unless it I am over 500MS or something unusual). My latency is never under 130. Although, for OP, I definitely would not recommend trying shred spec or sub, considering he has trouble doing any melee attacks at all.

7. Aside from fixing your keyboard turning problems, learn to slow your target. Both Unholy and Feral take very little effort to stick to your target. Unholy because it has a spammable, undispellable slow, a ranged one as well and immunity to magic. Feral because you can slow your opponent and shift out of any of their slows instantly as well as having ranged options like entangling roots and cyclone, not to mention stealth to ensure you start the fight in melee range. The only melee classes that have any right to complain about being kited are warriors and paladins.
    Edited: November 16, 2017