1. Question about pvp

just wondering before i take the time to level on Frotswolf as i really enjoyed the MOP experience...
    how is the pvp balance here in regards to class bugs ?
    I know there will always be some bugs on these but some are game breaking
    On firestorm hunters are very damage buged , mostly BM but even the others are too, chimera shot is hitting 100-150k
    KIll command is hitting 150k and the pet is supper buggy with extra hits which is game breaking so the BGs become over run with hunters.
    makes it very un blizz like and becomes a which hunter on the team can bug exploit the best. BM hunters stacking agility and haste are doing insane damage,
    Are there class bugs here that ruin the BG experience ?

2. Chimera shots is fixed so far i know it did 120k+ most of the time but now just 40-120k around so its fine,Beast Mastery hunters is still OP but not that OP :)

We need more players on MOP so the BG's would be fine :)

3. 100k+ is normal crit damage for hunter's main shots in burst i.e Chimera and KC. Most classes' main damage ability is around 80-120k in such situations. To get 150k, you'd either need to use potions+flask while bursting, or be in a BG with Berserk buff. Chaos Bolt and Shadowburn, ofcourse, are exceptions as they should be.

Classes are well balanced. All the heal and almost all dps specs of all classes are viable. Even the arguably hardest spec ingame, Arcane Mage has been taken to high ratings in 2s. Thus, in BGs, you can play any class/spec and perform well. Tank specs are usually only seen in Rated BGs however.

4. Thanks for the info guys.
    IN real MOP tho 120k chimera in burst would still be pretty high... would have to be fully buffed and all the stars line up
    Hunters didnt hit that hard they just hit more often with a very fast Global, constant uptime, fast auto attack and a constant second attack from a pet.
    Plus KC is physical damage of which when used against plate with other damage mitigators was not even that usefull, but plate wearers on Firestorm in blood presence or D stance are still getting hit for 120k KCs.
    Sounds like hunters are major damage buged here as well... to bad
    Remember when WW monks were the most anoying thing in MOP
    Hunters on these private server i guess are so bugged they are out performing WW monks and are like the hero class of the expansion.

5. IN real MOP tho 120k chimera in burst would still be pretty high... would have to be fully buffed and all the stars line up
    Yes, which is how it is here as well. In arena conditions, if you have ALL your procs up (even professions), Chimera and KC can CRIT for 120k+. You won't get all those buffs aligned again for quite some time so there's nothing OP about it.

Sounds like hunters are major damage buged here as well... to bad
    I wouldn't be too quick to judge on that. Take a look at the ladder here and you'll see.

Hunters on these private server i guess are so bugged they are out performing WW monks and are like the hero class of the expansion.
    Here and as it was in retail, WW monks are the best in 1v1. Feral druids and Frost mages come close. Hunters, even BM, are countered hard by Ferals, Rets, Shadow Priest, Destruction Warlocks in duels. Only mage is easy, since Hunters are their counter (With LoS, that easiness goes away as well). As for BGs, from what I've seen, SV Hunter does the most damage out of the 3 specs (not by too much though). But for topping the damage charts, well, that goes to AoE DoT classes such as Affliction warlock, Balance Druid, Shadow Priests etc.

I felt as if I misinformed you which is why I replied again :D It's true that you might come across hunters in BG who will whup your *** in 3-4 sec, but that wont happen unless you're really bad and/or very low geared. Besides, ANY spec can potentially kill a lowbie like that. Suffice it to say that, if BGs are what you're after, Frostwolf is already quite good at that. 2s as well.

6. Okay, thanks for clarifying that, sounds about right.

7. Survival hunters atm are doing way more damage then BM and MM, you will love when u will face them ;)

8. I would say beast mastery does too much damage in pvp.
    I got hit by a 200 k kill command.
    Maybe that hunter was using some super-extra buffs, but it still seems a little bit excessive for an instant spell with a short cd.

9. I would say beast mastery does too much damage in pvp.
    I got hit by a 200 k kill command.
    Maybe that hunter was using some super-extra buffs, but it still seems a little bit excessive for an instant spell with a short cd.
    I assume that happened in a battleground/World scenario, cuz if that's the case, things can get a bit crazy as you can use potions, flasks, Crystal of Insanity, all kinds of procs and profession perks work there, so yea, 200K with say a Colossus Smash debuff on you can and will most likely result in getting hit but that much and it's comprehensible.

10. 200k kill command ? even with a skull banner down and colossus smash up that wouldnt happen in MOP even on cloth armour , not even close.
    was looking on youtube and seems this server does have BM hunter damage bugs as the last post stated. a few bugs are tolerable but game changing ones were one class is hitting that hard is crazy. Plus the pvp arena ladder is filled with mages ? thats wierd tho i know like the hunter damage bugs they dont always show up in arena REP. seems i will have to wait until blizzard comes out with retro MOP as this server would only frustrate me with these damage bugs. wont play here but have fun.

11. I would say: do not expect much. The skills will not even be the problem.

Either you will be constantly playing against 870 people (most of them rogues over 600k HP), people who do nothing but play the game, so you will encounter the same people who enjoy doing the same thing - in BGs graveyard camping some newbs - over and over again.

Or - to counter this - you can roll a rogue and start doing premades, slowly turning into the aforementioned people and into a zombie in your own life. I tried to PvP again after a year for two days now and I am leaving again. The PvP is obviously for "different" people.

I am imagining a person who sits at his computer for considerable amounts of time, day after day, doing the same thing, enjoying two-hitting kids who had the peculiar idea that this game might be fun. From any perspective - you must be insane to play PvP here.

12. I tried to PvP again after a year for two days now and I am leaving again. The PvP is obviously for "different" people.
    People who practice at something are better at it? Incredible!

13. People who practice at something are better at it? Incredible!
    Nice dodging.

You should know very well it does not matter at all how much practice you have when you are starting and/or playing against full rogue premade.
    If you do not know this, you must be not very intelligent.

I offered the guy another perspective. He can very much expect that his experience here with PvP will be very frustrating. If he devotes a massive amount of time into "practice", and after being camped, camped, camped, camped, camped, camped, camped camped, camped, camped, camped, camped, camped, camped, camped , camped, camped, camped, camped, camped, camped, camped, camped (yes, this is how it is going to feel!) this frustration might vanish. But the fun will be gone as well, since his gameplay will consist of graveyard comping. Enjoy!

14. Nice dodging.
    You should know very well it does not matter at all how much practice you have when you are starting and/or playing against full rogue premade.
    If you do not know this, you must be not very intelligent.
    Rogues are arguably the weakest bg class in MoP. You usually didn't see a single one in MoP rbgs on retail. If a rogue is really good then he can be a nice asset, but most of them spend way too much time stealthing around and not contributing as much as other classes would.

15. Rogues are arguably the weakest bg class in MoP. You usually didn't see a single one in MoP rbgs on retail. If a rogue is really good then he can be a nice asset, but most of them spend way too much time stealthing around and not contributing as much as other classes would.
    Okay, screw rogues. They are not even important in that argument. Whicg is that incoming players will be very much welcomed to PvP in the forums and then relentlessly camped by the same sort of players, who are worried that when the server population dies, they will have no one to camp. Terrible.