1. I think that people with no BiS, or close to BiS gear should play with this spec:
    https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#oZf...tMIccoc:ILim0c
    In case they dont like Arcane playstyle.

TTW requires both good gear and solid raid setup which u cant get in pugs 100% of the time.

Sure, TTW does more DPS "IF" u have a good setup, but from my pov, if u are gearing with RDFs and pugs, u cant afford to pray for those IFs in case u want to perform good/solid most of the time.
    Ill check this out and test it on dummy to see.

But if I would have same hit problem like now with ttw on 10man well dont see the reason to use it
    Edited: February 5, 2018

2. Dummy test is not a good way to compare TTW and FFB, especialy if u dont have a snare effect while DPSing with TTW.
    My advice would be to try both in raids and see which one works better.
    Get "Recount" addon, look at ur DMG after each fight, write down numbers of ability count, crit % done, avarage dmg numbers, and so on... And repeat this with other spec (try to do it on same encounters: 1 week TTW in icc 10m, next week FFB in same icc 10m).

Both TTW and FFB bring almost same Playstyle to the table, the only diference is DMG done depending on gear, encounter and raid comp.

3. Yes I know and I thought about that. For now I get little more dps with ffbon dummy, but most important Im capped with 14% hit. So I guess should stick with that for now till I switch only to 25 or guild runs. Im not dependent to s priest or boomkin or dk to have debuff for TTW.

Yeah I see that playstyle is the same , thats good .

Now I need to find how to get to work Needtoknow addon :D watched guides but not working.

tested again full procs: well its 20-40% more dmg on dummy. thats a lot. I guess need to stick with it till near bis or bis.

4. Oh yea, as for Hit cap, u will be perfectly fine with arround 13.20-14.00% chance on hit for spells.
    I play with arround 13.2x% and i hardly see any missed spells with that amount. Thats for TTW.
    For FFB u need arround 10.20-11.00% hit chance.

5. I have tidy plates/platebuffs, needtoknow, quartz and mage nuggets.

Problem with nuggets is that scorch dissapear when someone other apply it or similar effect? Can I fix that somehow?
    I think its the same problem with tidy and plate buffs.
    Quartz showing too many buffs which i dont need to track and I cant disable them.

Needtoknow, I managed to set Living Bomb and Hot Streak but cant Scorch? Why? Is there addon that will show my scorch on the target and not dissaper when someone other apply it?

6. After years of explainations on why FFB is ALWAYS under the TTW spec, no matter the gear or the set up.
    I really don't know why some people constantly put that spec on the table again.

One more time here are the pro and cons in favor of the FFB spec in comparaison to the TTW :

Pros :

- Lower hit cap by 3% (=78.696 pts) can be balance by swaping 1 or 2 items and mean a lost of approximatly 80 pts of haste (2,44%)
    - A slowmotion ability which is applied on the non-boss mobs
    - A small DoT on the main spell
    - A higher crit modifier on the main spell (+50% damages on crit)
    - Icy Veins (a bit more burst)

Cons :

- A main spell with a higher spellcasting time then TTW
    - A main spell with a lower range of non-damages then TTW
    - No Magic focus
    - No TTW (means -12% damages, and don't come and see it depend on the raid comp, it don't, if you have no attack slowing on the bosses the tank will not handle the fight)
    - a lower range (by only 1meter so it's don't count a lot -except on LK fight-)

Yet some answers to the forever debat :

- Say that TTW spec need more crit is an aberration, in fact it's the opposite. Indeed the FFB have a high crit modifier so the damages output rely more on how much you did crit during the fight.
    - Say that TTW need more raid optimisation, is false, in fact it's a simple trade from 3% crit chance to 3% hit chance, both can will be fixed by 1 or 2 a gear items swap.
    - The FFB can do more damages the TTW on dummies, yes for sure, the TTW miss 12% of his dps on dummies due to the non-activation of TTW.
    - Lot of new players say, "I tried both FFB and TTW after being Arcane for my first raid experiences, I do more damages as FFB then TTW." There is the beginning of an explaination : FFB is more permissive then TTW as a spec, indeed she have a great burst spell (Icy Veins) so the average player will have less difficulty to stay focus properly during 20sec to maximize the Icy Veins, when a TTW player will need to be always at is maximum of concentration because he will maximize the apport of TTW talent by the maximum ammount of spell he will be able to launch during the whole fight. Meanwhile the FFB will do a big part of his job by put a maximum of spells under Icy Veins buff.

I truely hope we will one day clear the mage's 3.3.5. forums of the idea that FFB is interesting in any other way then have a prettier spell to launch.

See u

Tiny

7. I read all that, but Ill stick only cuz hit, till I start 25 raids.

Also, I read your website, if you can tell me how to set up scorch spell on needtoknow...cuz its not working for me?

8. FFB has its uses on shorter fights for example, thanks to Icy Veins. Also, Fire Blast has higher chance to Crit and lower CD which can be usefull for Dungeons where sometimes u dont even get to cast more than 1 Fireball before mobs die.

When u compare 2 specs, ofc TTW is better.
    More Spirit, Focus Magic, 12% DMG increase on Fireball normal dmg and overall Pyro DMG...
    But its never black and white like that ingame.
    Hell, u dont even know if people will bring a proper spec in the raid when u are pugging... Hunters without Trueshot Auras, Prot Paladins without a snare, Balance Druids without improved FF, and in those kind of situations u want a spec that need least amount of buffs/debuffs from others. When u are in a guild, its diferent story...

Noone is saying that FFB is stronger than TTW, its simply better for a player with no guild and no gear from my pov.

Edit:
    Need to know is kinda easy to set.
    Tipe in the name of what u want to track.
    Set Self, Target or Focus depending on which target u want to track stuff.
    Show icon.
    Set color of the bar and gg.

Example:
    "Living Bomb"
    Debuff
    Target/Focus
    Show Icon
    Orange color

As for Scorch u need to cast it on the target and look at how is the DEBUFF that Scorch provides called (that 5% crit increase thingy) and put the name of the debuff as what u want to track.

The name is:
    "Improved Scorch"
    Just checked it ingame...
    Whichever debuff/buff u want to track u have to check for its real name, since they have some wierd stuff sometimes...

9. When you made the scorch bar in needtoknow, did you change it to a debuff and made it to track your target ? By default needtoknow bars are set on buff and track effects on you.

10. Thanks guys. I set that yeah but I guees I need to set IMRPOVED SCORCH ;) not just Scorch.

I hope it will work and not dissapear when some other mage/lock apply their debuff... Its pain cuz I need to lock under the boss frame for the tiny icon.

11. U will always lose NeedToKnow debuffs if someone else does it.
    If its other mage and u have no lock in the raid it can be painfull, just tell the mage to let u do it alone.
    If there is a lock in the raid never do Scorch aslong as they are alive cos they spam Shadowbolt and they will always apply that debuff.

12. Thanks guys. I set that yeah but I guees I need to set IMRPOVED SCORCH ;) not just Scorch.

I hope it will work and not dissapear when some other mage/lock apply their debuff... Its pain cuz I need to lock under the boss frame for the tiny icon.
    For being sure you will have the proper info, track Improved Scorch and diseable "only cast by myself"
    Moreover set up a second bar for the lock debuff ("Improved Shadowbolt" - i'm not sure, you need to verify the name)
    This way with 2 little bars you will know that if none of the 2 bars are active you will have to set up the scorch debuff

Good luck

Tiny.

@Gnimo : I got you. I think your arguments are right. Even if to my PoV, it's not really consistant to choose a spec with a "all goes wrong" PoV. I don't play these times, but I'm pretty sure that even in PuG people want to improve, and continue to copy their specs on top guild players, so for dunjons maybe FFB is cool. But even in PuG raids I feel if people think like setting them up for a "all goes wrong" situation and a selfish spec, then the level in PuG will decrease even more, we have to remember that if you do the choice of a FFB spec your raid miss 3% crit on one of his player, and theoratically miss a part of his dps by playing a less powerfull spec.
    Little by little PuG will be made by FFB mages, BM Hunt, DestruLock, when a proper raid will be more effectiv with a fire or arcane mage, a MM Hunt and a Demono or Hybrid Lock (Affli at low rank is not competitive due to the amount of stat requiert).

13. The argument that your raid might not have some kind of an attack speed slowing debuff doesn't hold much water, because TTW without the +12% dmg on Fireball and Pyroblasts is only 3-4% behind FFB anyway. The less geared the mage is, the smaller that difference becomes.

You are actually better off being TTW and accepting that the occasional awful raid composition will cause you to be without the damage buff effect of your TTW talent, than you are being FFB by default and then missing out on the extra damage in the highly likely event that your raid has someone providing an attack speed slow. For raiding purposes, even if you pug regularly, you're mostly better off being TTW. There's also the amazing and alarmingly underrated Magic Absorption talent that only TTW has access to. For 2 talent points, you gain something that averages to around 14-15% less spell damage taken. This is invaluable in raids, whether you're pugging (especially if you're pugging?), or pushing for a kill on a boss your guild is progressing on.

14. @Tiny
    Thanks for the NTK tip, didnt know u could do that also...
    Will try it out for both 5% crit debuff and Sunders Aswell.

As for ur wories, belive me, 90% of people will rather DPS whore than to help the raid in any way if they lose some kind of minor self DPS (even tho it will buff the raid dps by a lot - perfect example is Sunder Armor).
    Im the first one to yell at someone: dont go Blood DPS, go Frost or Unholy instead (same goes for BM / MM hunter). But tbh, the diference btwn FFB and TTW is rather almost not noticable when it comes to buffs/debuffs they offer and in DPS that new players that are learning the Fire Spec playstyle have to offer.

@DarkenedHue
    I agree, but u need to have in mind that FFB might be better to a new player.
    They wont be yelled at if they forget to FM.
    They will offer a bit better burst duo to Icy Veins and DPS if raid is badly made.
    In the end, they will do almost the same dps overall, 10% more or less when it comes to a new player is not that much, they will buff the other TTW mages in case only range DPS can reach the target...

My whole point was:
    Let the man try out both specs and see which one works better for him, since from my expirience in raids there is not a HUGE diference btwn FFB and TTW when it comes to DMG done...
    I never said go FFB, even tho I also said myself that its worse. Maybe for his gear and curent playstyle and class knowledge FFB is better, who knows...
    He will transition to TTW sooner or latter anyway.
    Edited: February 7, 2018

First 1234 Last