1. Nice to speak with you Jesus Christ, such place for debat and argumentation hahaha.

I don't want to be mean but if you convice anybody with a speech like that it's sad.

As we told you no difference between TTW and FFB in the fact of raid 10men, one loss 3 hit and the other 3 crit (assuming nobody get any raid buff)

FFB as more proc pyro. http://rpgworld.altervista.org/335/mage.php Let me know where from in the mage FFB built you get that more crit chances

About bugs: we get since approximatly 4 years the most important debug which shuted down the FFB spec (TTW affected by attack slowing) so this is not any sort of bug which come and go....

For the part "i'm telling you from my own experience", idk how much you have but to my point of view you didn't made enough experience on TTW, because we are here 2 experienced mages argue with you without getting any sign of an open mind on your side.

You think because we play endgame TLK we walked not through the gearing stages and exploring world things ?

So I'll give you an idea of my own experience and I'm sure sky have as much experience as me if it's not more. I play TLK since 2011. I up and geared 7 mages during this time on at least 4 differents private servers. I have lvled up as Frost as Arcane and as Fire, I have played early 80 as Arcane as FFB as TTW and even as frost PVE. And I have played end game TLK as TTW as FFB (when it was bugged) and a bit as Arcane.
    And overall that my personnal experience not things told by other ppl.

But I don't established my point of view only on my experience, I have meet a lot of people (mages) and debated with them (true debats not non argumentary ones). Moreover we all did maths, sometime ppls less then the others but all time when the arguments are correctly put on the table, we all agreed on one way of thinking. Because this is a game, a program, all things are written no randomness here, so no places for intuitions. You can have an intuition, but if you cannot bring solid arguments to confirm it you cannot give real credit to this intuition, because in program/game all things can be proved.

Sorry for ppl which have to read that (because this is not the subject), but that type of behavior really goes on my nerves.

Tiny.
    https://i.imgur.com/Dk1954o.jpg
    http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=344465

Back in that thread i wrote most of FFB advantages but you didn't even dare to read, you wrote something like "don't listen to this noob" about my post without reading the context it was about (ffb is stronger on adds cuz there is big chance that there would be no speed debuff, ffb slows and freezes, and about that cast time thing - it's actually 0.15 difference, so you start to benefit from fireball casttime only after 20 casts (1 more fireball), while the casting time itself is never an issue - if u don't have enought time to cast+land your spell - u change target before casting it; also 3-4+ adds = u use blizzard).

If i would say FFB is 100% ALWAYS better in world exploration/questing/vanilla or bk dungeons/world or bg pvp in pve spec/actual random heroic dungeons - you will answer "WE TALK ABOUT RAIDS"
    If i would say that most players don't know or even care about mechanics (how classes work, how abilities work, how talents work) and there would be lots of situations in10m raids where u miss the very reason to play ttw mage - speed debuff - you will say "IT'S IRRELEVANT, FIND THE GOOD GUILD"
    And if i say that with ffb spec u could do more dps on unoptimazed gears u just say "NO PROOFS, LINK IT"

So why should i go theorycraft and debate here if you won't listen anyways? You can't consider different situations most of newbies will meet and just spam "TTW IS ALWAYS BETTER". I'm playing ttw mage myself, for long enought time, and i know it's not "always" the best. If you want to stay within the framework of Firemage (not switching to arcane, or switching from arcane to fire on low/decent gears) - ffb spec IS an option.

Let me know where from in the mage FFB built you get that more crit chances
    FFB glyph gives 2% of crit. There may be another mage in raid that fms you, so having fm in talents isn't such a benefit.

2. Ok I stop here, it's seem even back in the time when we was like 3 people to explain you.
    Yet I was back explain you again with one additionnal mage who explain you

I'm done trying, I'll try to fix your name in my memorie, in order to never come back on that field with you

It didn't work one year ago neither today.

See u dude

Take care,

Tiny.

3. Basically when you can reach the soft hit cap and have enough crit to be somewhat consistent with Hotstreaks.

•The TTW Fire (soft) hit cap is 14%, or 368 hit rating.
    •You would need at least ~50% self-buffed crit. 47% if you consider the 3% from Focus Magic.

The thing is that there is no set-in-stone crit benchmark, because of how RNG works. You could get lucky and have great results with 50% self-buffed, but you can also get horribly unlucky and barely get any hotstreaks. The inconsistency evens out as you get more crit, but it's still there, even at BiS. It's just how the spec works.
    This is why I would personally recommend 50% crit as a bare minimum.
    14% without hit talents etc? Sry Im new here

4. Yes. The TTW Fire spec does not have a talent that grants you hit rating on your fire spells.
    Therefore you have to obtain 14% from gear, and the 3% hit provided by Shadow Priests / Balance druids will get you to 17%. This is the hard cap for all spells.

5. Ok, now I have 14.03% hit. What if I dont have s priest or boomkin in a 10man raid? :D

6. Ok, now I have 14.03% hit. What if I dont have s priest or boomkin in a 10man raid? :D
    Flame the raid host

7. So over 14% would be overkill?

Its hard to flame when you do pugs :D or to ask to find particular roles...10man ofc. But going to 16% +draenei will be too much gemming...hmmm
    Edited: February 4, 2018

8. I use mage nuggets and following live bomb, scorch and hs proc... Why is my scorch dissapearing on the boss? Like I have 20sec left and bam, gone?

9. Ok, now I have 14.03% hit. What if I dont have s priest or boomkin in a 10man raid? :D
    That's the main issue you face as a fire mage going into 10 mans. You won't have all your buffs. It's mostly why you don't want to bring a mage at all in 10 mans, unless you're making a caster comp and thus catering to their needs.
    The only advice I can give you is to play arcane, it's more independent and performs well in 10-man scenarios.

Don't gem for 17% hit, it's ridiculous how much stats you'd have to sacrifice for it. And it all goes to waste the second a balance druid / shadow priest joins the party.

I use mage nuggets and following live bomb, scorch and hs proc... Why is my scorch dissapearing on the boss? Like I have 20sec left and bam, gone?
    There's another mage applying it, or a warlock casting shadowbolt, which gives the same buff, so it is overwritten.

10. I really want to play as fire and I had frost as pvp, so Ill manage something :/ . Maybe go to 16% dunno...

Ok so I guess I need to download some another debuff addon to track it, since nuggets is no help for that.

11. and there would be lots of situations in10m raids where u miss the very reason to play ttw mage - speed debuff - you will say "IT'S IRRELEVANT, FIND THE GOOD GUILD"
    The debuff is brought by basically any DK, as well as most tanks. If you miss the boss attack speed debuff, your raid has more glaring issues. In general, you don't build and spec your toon around unrealistically poor raid compositions. The idea that TTW is only for 25 mans is misinformation of the highest order.

Consulted 3 good players gearing their mage twinks, all of them were testing both specs in raids, all of them said that on low gears (5-5.8 i think) FFB showed itself much better until they get better gear and proper gear setup (stats).
    Even for anecdotal evidence, this is exceptionally worthless. Your friends are every bit as wrong as you. That or their raid compositions are bad.

Also i should say, that fapping on one spec isn't "objective", because FFB does just 1.5-2k less dps in bis gears in 25m. It has its uses.
    FFB does have its uses, but raid-wise, none of them are anything you said. Doing 10% less DPS than a better spec would is a pretty significant issue. You are, as a matter of fact, just objectively wrong for the most part, and you'd know this if you cared to avail yourself of the wealth of resources available on the matter. But it appears you'd rather relentlessly spread misinformation on the forums than do that.
    Edited: February 5, 2018

12. @kawasakigpz :
    The easier way to be able to do 10men without hit buffs is to always have in your bag 1-2 items in order to swap them at the right time to reach the cap.
    This way you will not be overcapped hit rest of the time.

@DarkenedHue : Good luck for argue with Princessochka xD. I tried before, isn't easy at all, he/she can be a bit stubborn =D

See u

Tiny.

13. I think that people with no BiS, or close to BiS gear should play with this spec:
    https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#oZf...tMIccoc:ILim0c
    In case they dont like Arcane playstyle.

TTW requires both good gear and solid raid setup which u cant get in pugs 100% of the time.

Sure, TTW does more DPS "IF" u have a good setup, but from my pov, if u are gearing with RDFs and pugs, u cant afford to pray for those IFs in case u want to perform good/solid most of the time.

14. @kawasakigpz :
    The easier way to be able to do 10men without hit buffs is to always have in your bag 1-2 items in order to swap them at the right time to reach the cap.
    This way you will not be overcapped hit rest of the time.

@DarkenedHue : Good luck for argue with Princessochka xD. I tried before, isn't easy at all, he/she can be a bit stubborn =D

See u

Tiny.
    Thanks, man I didnt think about that :) I ll do that, I really want to play what is fun for me to play not to chase some numbers etc...

First 1234 Last