1. Mut Rogues for arena?

I just found out about these private servers, and was really excited to remake a rogue and relive the era of wow I personally thought was at it's peak for PvP. I was checking the arena ladders and noticed like 99% of rogues that I saw in top 100 were all 20/0/41 and the very few remaining were a combat spec.

Why?

I'm extremely surprised there isn't a single mut rogue from any of the top rogue teams. Is there a bug with mutilate or something?

2. Hi,

Since you can legitimately (here) get DODGES on your attacks FROM BEHIND it's just a f'ckin pain to play the spec
    + it reqs some good pve/pvp optimization imHo

3. Hmm interesting. Is this something that may see a fix in the future? Either way, I plan on going mut spec for arenas. I'm just happy to hear there just isn't some broken talent in sub that makes it favorable.

Still though, its interesting I didnt find a single assassination spec rogue.

4. I would love to see more Mut rogues here. I play mut 99% of the time and I've only come across two others on Outland since May.

5. What spec to use? 41/20/00 or 41/03/17 Was thinking of going muti after i get my weapons.

6. 41/20/0.
    As useful as sub talents are, you need to have 20 points into combat for the 50% more damage on your offhand for higher mut damage.

7. I never found the 50% to be a good trade off imo. I run 41/3/17 and got gladiator with it in live server TBC years ago so thats what im used to.

I just really like having shorter blind and vanish cooldowns for the longer fights and of course MoD to never let rogues get an opener on me since rogues are usually your most common opponent toward the top.

8. if you are lacking hit and want bigger offhand mutilates use 2x 1.8 speed weps and use:

https://talentcalculator.org/tbc/rog...00000000000000

My favorite is actually (you can swap Dirty Tricks for Improved Expose Armor if ya like:) :

https://talentcalculator.org/tbc/rog...00000000000000

main aim on mutilate imo is 1500 ap + and 32 % crit.

Peace :)

9. I never found the 50% to be a good trade off imo. I run 41/3/17 and got gladiator with it in live server TBC years ago so thats what im used to.

I just really like having shorter blind and vanish cooldowns for the longer fights and of course MoD to never let rogues get an opener on me since rogues are usually your most common opponent toward the top.
    ^this. I cannot imagine a rogue PvP spec without tapping into Sub.

What you're playing is a PvE spec, septic :D

10. It depends on the playstyle but 41/20/0 is definitely not a pve only build. It's an all-rounder. Many mut rogues prefer that over sub talents. There again it depends on what you're doing I guess. Im a bg / world pvp player. Arenas its understandable to have MoD etc.