1. Abusing Resistances in arena, exploit

Not wasting time on talking about how dirty are the ladders, both icecrown and blackrock, with patchers and scripters, istant kick/reflect and other stuff. But it's been a while since I noticed something really new and pretty much gamebreaking. Not sure if it's a server bug or an exploit abused by the "pros" but well here is the story:

I was playing RDruid, Priest summoned shadowfiend on me, I did nature grasp/entanglign roots, resisted like 8 of 10 times. One time I did Nature Swiftness+Cyclone on it, resisted again, pretty much funny. On hunters, I try to hybernate pet and again, resist resist, resist and resist. While as Priest meanwhile, I faced a 2900 hpaladin with a 2800 war (or viceversa, idfk), and we last like 25 minutes, the paladin resisted ALL my fears with just shadow resistance aura, not even aura mastery. I'm not spell penetration capped with Discipline Priest, but i'm hit capped. Then I faced many other paladins with shadow resi aura and guess what, every fear landed on them with no problem. Beore you say: SACRED CLEANSING, I was not using any magic on paladin so he couldn't have gained shadow resistence in any ways. Same goes for Frost resistence aura, some "good" (lol) paladins are literally immune to hunter's traps, just spectate blackrock paladins.
    When me, and my friend tried these tactics as Hpal, every fear, every freezing trap was landing on us, only with aura mastery we can have some luck.

So in few words: there is definitely something WRONG in spell resistence, using NS+Cyclone on shadowfiend and getting RESIST its completely stupid, same for hibernate, same for every fear countered by just a shadow resi aura. There is something exploitable, it cannot be that everyone over 2400 rating is immune to fear/every control with just auras and idk what else. It cant be a coincidence. There's something behind it.

And most funny thing is I run with hit rating capped as healer (priest, druid) (4%), while on ladder no top druid or priest (and i repeat, no one) uses hit rating, not even spell penetration. What is this lol?

Feel free to report your experience here, or just reply with "l2p".

2. Just get 95 Spell Pen as Rdru in blue gems and you are good to go..What do you use?? Don't tell me u use spirit or mana regen gems on blue ones lol.
    I doubt druids don't use hit, its like the most basic stat in pvp lmao.
    If you don't use spell pene, you are gambling a lot. Just get 100Spell pen (130 vs mages) and u wont resist anything.
    Simple...

3. Give examples of people in top10 not using hit/spell pen gems, cba looking.

4. So you had a bunch of your hard CC resisted because you're a scrub who doesn't understand how valuable spell penetration is and somehow that's an exploit? I guess it is a bit rude for the enemy team to exploit your lack of knowledge of basic game mechanics, it's like picking on the special kid in school. #GladsForRats

Just to illustrate how dumb you are for prioritizing hit over spell pen. You average chance to miss with 0 hit rating against a level 80 target with talents and racials can be anywhere from 4% to 10%. Your average chance to have your hard CC completely resisted against a level 80 target with 130 resistance while having no spell pen is 24%.
    Edited: November 13, 2017

5. So you had a bunch of your hard CC resisted because you're a scrub who doesn't understand how valuable spell penetration is and somehow that's an exploit? I guess it is a bit rude for the enemy team to exploit your lack of knowledge of basic game mechanics, it's like picking on the special kid in school. #GladsForRats

Just to illustrate how dumb you are for prioritizing hit over spell pen. You average chance to miss with 0 hit rating against a level 80 target with talents and racials can be anywhere from 4% to 10%. Your average chance to have your hard CC completely resisted against a level 80 target with 130 resistance while having no spell pen is 24%.
    Don't give him facts, ask for facts -- he's the one trying to prove a point.

6. Don't give him facts, ask for facts -- he's the one trying to prove a point.
    But then my replies would be as pointless and devoid of content as yours, like this one.

7. you do not like to gem/enchant spell pene? nice, buy offhand + wand with spell pene.
    So when you face team with shadow resistence you will swap offhand + wand ( or just off hand)

it is not that hard...

8. Give examples of people in top10 not using hit/spell pen gems, cba looking.
    I already said it, take a look at the ladder, top players. Not so hard. Why should I do the job for you, the proofs are already there, just like 3s blackrock wintraded ladder, should I post every player and team name? No, you just go there and ****ing read it by youself. If you "cba to look" then its ur problem, gtfo of this thread.

The swap weapon with spell penetration is pointless, as already said i faced paladins with shadow aura and they got every single fear while i was 0 spell penetration, so don't feed me such stuff, for sure a weapon swap can help, but if a paladin for 25 minutes arena is immune to every single fear I don't think its a matter of bad rng or weapon swap. Viceversa, me and my friends tried to play paladin with shadow resi and frost resti and we didnt gain that immunity to fears and traps. At all. Even with aura mastery sometimes you can get the control. So how do you explain this? :)

9. The swap weapon with spell penetration is pointless, as already said i faced paladins with shadow aura and they got every single fear while i was 0 spell penetration, so don't feed me such stuff
    How can you complain when you haven't even bothered trying to use spell pen?

10. How can you complain when you haven't even bothered trying to use spell pen?
    I can try it, ok. But are you ignoring the fact that when I (or my friends) play hpal our auras are basically useless? Meaning every single disci priest/hunter in arena is using spell pene/swapping weapons against us? I don't believe it sorry. I will record some arenas if I have the occasion, maybe that would be a solid proof if you don't believe me.

I could also start talking about dodge/parry/block but nah, another time.

11. So you had a bunch of your hard CC resisted because you're a scrub who doesn't understand how valuable spell penetration is and somehow that's an exploit? I guess it is a bit rude for the enemy team to exploit your lack of knowledge of basic game mechanics, it's like picking on the special kid in school. #GladsForRats

lol Destroyed in 1 comment

12. Shadowfiend does have broken resistance (probably close to 300, felhunter with 160 spell res barely resists anything compared to shadowfiends).

I'm practically unable to chain of ice shadowfiend with 135 spell pen.

13. But are you ignoring the fact that when I (or my friends) play hpal our auras are basically useless? Meaning every single disci priest/hunter in arena is using spell pene/swapping weapons against us? I don't believe it sorry.
    If they are any good, yes, they will. That is why you have more auras available than just spell resistance auras.

14. If they are any good, yes, they will. That is why you have more auras available than just spell resistance auras.
    I like how you and other completely dodge the other questions and keep talking about my spell penetration like that was the only point in my topic :)

See a user also said he can't chain of ice shadowfiend, what are u gonna tell him, stack more spell pene, swap weapons?

Dodge more..love you <3

15. So you guys tell me that if there is a broken mechanic on a server you should gear yourself in a way to negate those effects? You should sacrifice useful stats just so that you would have a chance to land a CC? And if the OP isn't R1 and maybe lacks some knowledge or just follows another tactic then the whole point of his argument is invalid?
    Please guys if you'd like to give him some advice go ahead but don't act like it's the solution for the problem he is talking about.

123 Last