1. I want to update about the situation: I changed the offhand of my Druid with 79 spell power, instead of the spirit one, making me having 114 spell penetration total (79+35 on back), then faced a priest/death knight team, the priest was completely OOM and casted shadowfiend on me, I casted Cyclone on it. And guess what? Resist.

How do you explain this? Please tell me, because I feel like the game is making fun of me.

2. I want to update about the situation: I changed the offhand of my Druid with 79 spell power, instead of the spirit one, making me having 114 spell penetration total (79+35 on back), then faced a priest/death knight team, the priest was completely OOM and casted shadowfiend on me, I casted Cyclone on it. And guess what? Resist.

How do you explain this? Please tell me, because I feel like the game is making fun of me.
    The game isn't making fun of you, you're making fun of yourself. Shadowfiend, similar to the felhunter, has innate resistances of 160+, which was already mentioned in this very thread. Your cyclone was resisted because 114 is less than 160. Who would've thought?

3. Shadowfiend, similar to the felhunter, has innate resistances of 160+, which was already mentioned in this very thread.
    Apparently the only reference I found is "Shadowfiend does have broken resistance (probably close to 300, felhunter with 160 spell res barely resists anything compared to shadowfiends)."

The user also said he can't chain of ice the shadowfiend.

So well, I'm just curious because I play retail pvp since s7 and abyssal wow/at for long time, and I never had similar problems about controlling a shadowfiend, but suddently it's becoming a issue on warmane, recently. I may lack of knowledge, maybe this is bug, I don't know honestly, but if everything is as you say and working as intended, what's the point in telling me "dude swap weapons, u need spell pene" when shadowfiend has 300 (or 160+) spell resistance anyway?

Also, give me the link where its written shadowfiend has 160+ resistance, please. I didn't find anything relevant on google, maybe you have some better sources? So if you have share them, thanks.

4. I may lack of knowledge, maybe this is bug, I don't know honestly, but if everything is as you say and working as intended, what's the point in telling me "dude swap weapons, u need spell pene" when shadowfiend has 300 (or 160+) spell resistance anyway?
    The point is to have 0 chance to miss your CC on players (except mages), not pets. The fact that I have to explain this saddens me.

Also, give me the link where its written shadowfiend has 160+ resistance, please. I didn't find anything relevant on google, maybe you have some better sources? So if you have share them, thanks.
    "Has extremely high dodge rating (in the vicinity of 75%) and significant resistances to most/all spell schools" -top Wowhead comment

There isn't a concrete number I can give you since it's not listed anywhere and you can't check your shadowfiend's stats but it's pretty safe to assume that significant means at least felhunter levels of resist or 160+.

5. The point is to have 0 chance to miss your CC on players (except mages), not pets. The fact that I have to explain this saddens me
    Imagine being in a crucial situation when you need to stop the shadowfiend at all costs (for both damage and mana restoration) or you need to CC the felhunter to freecast, and you miss the psychic scream or whatever, would you still think it's stupid to think about pets? I think there are very few situation where a bad rng on this can cost you the arena. But whatever, you stick with your ideas, I stick with mine. By they way thanks for making me swap spell penetration weapons, didnt change ****, still resisted on players, and I oomed like an *****/lost many arenas.
    Whatever, If i have time, Ill maybe record about paladin resistance aura, argument very dodged here.

6. Imagine being in a crucial situation when you need to stop the shadowfiend at all costs (for both damage and mana restoration) or you need to CC the felhunter to freecast, and you miss the psychic scream or whatever, would you still think it's stupid to think about pets? I think there are very few situation where a bad rng on this can cost you the arena. But whatever, you stick with your ideas, I stick with mine. By they way thanks for making me swap spell penetration weapons, didnt change ****, still resisted on players, and I oomed like an *****/lost many arenas.
    Whatever, If i have time, Ill maybe record about paladin resistance aura, argument very dodged here.
    I don't even know what you're trying to say or what you're upset about anymore. Good PvPers get their spell penetration caps to counter resistance buffs because it's easy and effective. The most common cap for full casters is 130 because it covers the most buffs with the least amount of investment. People usually do not go above that because then they're going to be making a stat investment that only affects one class and 2 pets, one of which lasts 15 seconds.

At the start you had 0 spell penetration and were complaining that players were resisting your spells, then you got 114 and were complaining that pets with 160+ resistance were still resisting your spells, then you went back to players and complained that even with 114, they're still resisting your spells when you needed 130. No ****, Sherlock, at no point were you ever meeting the requirements for having irresistible spells for the cases you mentioned. You wanna land your spells 100% of the time on most players? Get 130. If landing 100% of your spells on mages with auras, felhunters and shadowfiends is that important to you, get 270. Where is the issue here besides your remarkable ignorance and inability to read?

7. I never said I want a 100% landing controls on enemies, it's like asking as feral/rogue to not dodge anything and landing every kidney/gouge/maim without getting parried or dodged (even from behind), it's impossible, you have to accept the RNG and I'm kinda okay with that. But if that happens for almost every arena, costantly, I start to question myself, but most of all I question top players who definitely are not running with spell penetration hard cap, or hit rating (i already posted a list of top 20 2v2 teams). As a priest, a fear landind succesfully can make you have the arena on the upper hand, same for a dispel, mising a dispel on a innervate, or a divine plea, or a feral predator's swftness can be a problem. In fact most of times I had a good fear/dispel/cyclone I had the kill, viceversa, when I was missing this stuff it was just hard to finish the match, but maybe I'm just bad and I should reroll hpal where i need only to spam cleanse on my partner and holy shock with FoL proc so I don't have to worry that much about RNG.

Yes at the start of this topic I said I had 0 spell pene, but I always run with spell pene (at least 75) since retail 2008-2009 and abyssal wow-AT, or other servers, but I saw I was doing well anyways without it, in these last years on molten/at (as healer obviously), and yes I was resisting sometimes but I wasn't making a big deal beause let's say 3-4 out of 10 controls were landing overall, so I didn't bother to gem again spell pene to reach the cap.
    Now considering the situation, according to you, I should swap main+offhand+wand and reach 135 around, if this is the solution... but what bothers me, as already said 400 times, it's that the average players, let's say under 2k2, 2k, don't even swap weapons, don't gem spell pene and are under hit rating cap, still they land every control on my paladin auras and do perfect dispels even on my druid, which as NE has a 2% additional chance to miss. I.E: I had like 3 lifebloom stacks, barkskin, wild growth, nature's grasp, NS, then I put Innervate hoping it was covered enough, and I got dispelled in 1 second istant, so not only they "bypassed" my hit resistance, but they also got a pretty awesome rng by their side, to dispel me exactly the innervate between all those magics.
    So in few words, why should I tryhard with hit rating and spell pene, when almost everyone is ignoring these and be succesful?
    Am I extremely unlucky with rng? Probably, in that case I can't say anything, case solved, topic closed. (still if I have time I will record some interesting matches and show you what I exactly mean, not only by my POV obviously)
    By the way, stop writing as a shinta-wannabe who keeps trash talking to everyone like saying that a rogue that dies from a warrior is just because the rogue didn't put evasion before rend. Don't be so arrogant.

8. Am I extremely unlucky with rng? Probably, in that case I can't say anything, case solved, topic closed.
    Next time you wanna make a thread crying bugs on a topic easily explained by simple game mechanics just ask yourself this very simple question and save everyone the misfortune of reading this anecdotal garbage that amounts to nothing more than "WAAAAH I'M TOO DUMB TO PLAY AROUND RESISTANCES BUT I WANT TO LAND ALL OF MY SPELLS ANYWAY FIX PLS"

9. long *** post.
    If you think that the players that you cant land cc on are cheating report them to the GMs via PM on the forums with as much information and details you can get, crying on the forums,ignoring and arguing with people trying to help you won't better your position.
    If you think these interactions are a result of bugs - report them on the bugtracker or check if they are already reported, again as detailed as possible.

Keep in mind that listing player names here will probably result in this topic being deleted so report the alleged hackers the correct way.
    Edited: November 22, 2017

10. If you think that the players that you cant land cc on are cheating report them to the GMs via PM on the forums with as much information and details you can get
    Sorry, it doesn't work, and I'm pretty sure you know this better than me. I reported many scripters and hackers with video proof on youtube to gm, and they only said "we will investigate", and guess what, they still play, they still join arenas, when there is a 100% proof they are scripting, and everyone knows them and their guild, needless to say the names. The most basic example is the kick-script, every single cast kicked at 0.1, something that should be banned permanently imho, like in every other server, but here we waste time banning ninja looting in 5man dungeons (not saying its wrong, but hacking in pvp is way more gamebreaking but whatever, I'm not the administrator so I don't make the rules)

I simply gave up. Why should I waste time recording scripters, losing arenas, wasting time editing videos, uploading to yt for what? Not asking my rating back, I don't care, but at least a punishment should be done. Not to mention less than 1 week ago a priest on Blackrock did 2v2 alone full relentlesss by going under the texture and waiting the opponent to leave, everyone was spamming on lfg and asking for a gm to help, and in less than 3 hours he did 1800+, pretty sure he is not banned yet (not checked if he logged in recently but that day i spent all time doing soloq and the lfg chat was flooded by players reporting him in desperation, and no gm was doing anything to stop him)

Still mr. damnoriginal doesn't understand my damn point so I won't waste time replying again to him, sorry dude you may have some knowledge more than me for sure, but your toxicity is literally unbearable.

11. Lets be frank here scripting and patching is not as exclusive as it used to be 5 years ago, every kid nowdays can find scripts and patches with little effort for free, nothing you can do about that part, most people know this to be true and the wotlk pvp in 2017 is what it is.
    Just keep reporting and let the warmane gm do their part, I know from my own reporting experience that people do get banned, and maybe one day there will be an anti-cheat system that detects pqr and custom patches.

12. Still mr. damnoriginal doesn't understand my damn point so I won't waste time replying again to him, sorry dude you may have some knowledge more than me for sure, but your toxicity is literally unbearable.
    What point, you confused little bundle of sticks? You started this thread with a clear lack of knowledge on the subject, made assumptions based on your own anecdotes, had it explained to you by multiple people why the things that are happening to you are happening and then you even somehow failed to follow simple instructions on how to prevent these things from happening again, choosing to blame the people who actually bothered to waste their time trying to help you git gud instead, like your own ignorance is their fault. And now you're talking about completely unrelated issues and the futility of reporting abusers. If it's so pointless, what are you even doing here? At this point your credibility is approaching the 0 more rapidly than my estimation of your IQ.

If you want to actually have some kind of point, get some facts first before flailing aimlessly in multiple directions.

13. This entire thread boils down to OP's **** understanding of game mechanics and RNG. Three ****ing pages of it. Amazing.

First 123