1. Update guys:

I rerolled hunter with full spell penetration (around 450~) never, ever resisted a freezing arrow, that paladin used Frost Resi aura but too bad I'm smarter than him lmao -19 get rekt.
    Also thanks for the weapon switch tip, Now I understand how can every 1k2 mmr priest land fear despite having with blue gear, they socket everything 25 Spell Penetration and that was going through my Shadow Resi Aura every time damn... now my priest is full wf and 867 spell penetration, hilarious how easy is to fear people, I feel i'm kinda abusing the game :))

Now I'm going to change sockets even on my assassination rogue because I think Envenom does low damage because of that damn nature resistence, maybe 200-300 spell penetration would be enough, and boom, gladiator rank1.

Thanks again, I will release a video with me sitting in Elwyn Forest with Gladiator title, just like you said, since i'm not r1 atm and im complaining.

Oh by the way: all top player on ladder use spell penetration, my bad, when you mouseover their socket you read "mp5" but its spell pene instead...I discovered its a bug from armory...fix it please so I wont open such threads and spread false rumors. Thanks.

Warmane #1
    Edited: November 14, 2017

2. It's really interesting how such bads with 0 game knowledge may achieve something on the arena.

3. Nvm didnt saw page 2 haHAA

Read better on armory, several uses hit/spell pene sokets &/or gear.

Also as you look "top teams" the majority of them is able to swap gear depending on the comp, as it's easy to track the 2.4+ mmr players in que and so on. Even my priest last season where we ended top10 was swapping haste/hit/pene when meeting X comps, and going full mp5 when meeting others.

Might tell us your ingame name, to see how good you're isted of look like some forum crybaby?

Thanks again, I will release a video with me sitting in Elwyn Forest with Gladiator title, just like you said, since i'm not r1 atm and im complaining.
    Best joke 2k17 and prolly 2k18

4. several uses hit/spell pene sokets &/or gear.
    Several =/= Everyone.
    And maybe they changed, last time I cheched it was full of rele trashers without hit and spell pene, magically at 2k7 with a perfect w/l.

Might tell us your ingame name, to see how good you're isted of look like some forum crybaby?
    Yes no problem..Im Priest (Nerfwarx), Druid (Cantcloneffsqt) and Pala (Auramajkfear) add me and whisper me in game for some pro tips thanks appreciated sorry for being rude I just need to learn I guess.

5. Im Priest (Nerfwarx), Druid (Cantcloneffsqt) and Pala (Auramajkfear) .
    When bad jokes are not even hard to notice....Holy damn mate u're embarassing....

And maybe they changed, last time I cheched it was full of rele trashers without hit and spell pene, magically at 2k7 with a perfect w/l.
    Waiting for the armory link. Otherwise i could say a naked warrior i've met at 3k rating oneshotted me,my partner and my pc all together.

OT. idk if troll, or just stupid af

6. its even a joke on lord... the last people i called out for combat bugging as MP vs MR replied with "if you aint cheating you aint trying" (depay/pwnoroes), that or wars hitting through pillars, invisability bugs... its just a p serv have fun try not to take it too serious

7. Waiting for the armory link
    Top 20 Disci Priests Icecrown:
    1) Mujamad (mp5 gems, 1,94 hit) 23 haste on back lol
    2) Avail (mp5 gems, 0,76 hit)
    3) Eddiemurphy (mp5 gems, 3% hit) 27 spell power on back ..
    4) Zyinxlol (mp5 gems, 0% hit)
    5) Felixsan (logged off with pve gear)
    6) Mazingastyle (not sure if its the disci or shadow gear, because of spell pene gems, but at the same time it has bauble and solace so I really don't know about this) (spell pene gems, 2% hit)
    7) Coockyslut (mp5 gems/spell pene gems, 1,94% hit)
    8) Jedi (mp5 gems, wand spell wand, 2,82% hit rating)

None of them are hit capped as you can see (i honestly dont know how can a person play disci priest without hit rating), and spell penetration sometimes there is, sometimes not. Probably they swap weapons, not saying its stupid. I said it can help but first of all you don't reach spell pene cap just by swapping weapons, but ok, still better than 0 I will give you a pass. Second, whats the difference between a shadow resist aura that doesnt need my spell penetration and another one that is completely immune and I need to swap gear and gemss? I tell you: the first paladin is at 1k8-2k, the second is at 2800.
    I don't feel bad because I cant beat a hpal-war at 2800, but literally only 1 fear entered on that pala and guess what, they had trinket/shield wall and other stuff to survive obviously. Imagine a 25 minute arena where only 1 fear lands. Do you think I have any chance to beat that? Why I spend time on battleground farming hit rating back and neck while top 20 priest dont even bother to cap it? Tell me why. Do they play with Draenei? Or are they Draenei themselves? I don't think so. (even if, they would be still under-cap)

Wanna talk about shadowfiend immune to every school of magic now, wanna talk about hunter's pet, or the insane amount of bad rng happening every single time?

I gave you the proofs, if you want to go deeper you can spectate blackrock players and have a good laugh, paladins taking 50 scatter shot in a row and not a single trap cuz "frost resistence aura lol". (name: next)

8. try to use 130 spell pene in arena ( with offhand + wand + enchant on back).
    If you still get "resist" vs players who should have only 130 resistnce it means you are right and there is something wrong.
    Until that happens there is nothing we can do

If you think there are some players abusing/using cheat: fine, open a ticket in-game and report them to a GM
    If you think there is a bug: fine, go here https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker and report the bug

You have named this thread "Abusing Resistances in arena, exploit " but:
    1. You did not explain how to reproduce thsi exploit
    2. You said you are NOT spell pene capped and that you get too many resist in arena....

Just to be clear, I am not saying that you are wrong about some kind of exploit BUT you did not bring any decent proof yet

9. You are correct, but as soon as the resist was not so costant as it is now, I didn't bother to cap spell pene or swap weapons, my controls were good even against resistance targets. Also I checked almost every other player and used pretty much the same gear (hpal, druid, priest)

I mean there is so much condraddiction in everything:
    0 spell pene > every fear lands on a random pala with shadow res
    0 spell pene > no fear on a high rated pala with shadow res
    I put shadow/frost resistence on my pala > I get every fear/freezing trap, even with aura mastery
    I spectate hpal on blackrock > they are immune to every cc without even aura mastery
    Top priest not capping hit rating on icecrown
    Ridicolous amount of parry/dodge..
    and the list goes on and on

I can't open a ticket or bugtracker based on this stuff..I opened the topic and said there was some kind of bug/exploit for me, and I ended it with "share your experience", just to see if someone was noticing these strange things, and maybe open a conversation. I catched only a guy claiming he couldn't chain of ice shadowfiend, I never tested it but I assume he doesnt lie, since the shadowfiend resisted my roots and clones several times he may resist chains aswell. Other guys are just randomly ****posting, raging and giving weak replies and dodging questions.

10. I can tell why top discs do not stack hit rating. I generally tell my disc not to do it and stack mp5 instead. And yes, he will miss fears because of it.

Disc priests don't have very good mana pool to start with.

Vs better teams games tend to get long. If you run out of mana then you lose, stacking mp5 fixes that. On downside, you will miss ~4% of fears and ~4% of dispels. Higher rating teams are unlikely to die very fast, so missing 0.4 fears out of 10 fears is hardly ever big deal compared to running oom before opponent.

And vs lower teams, these top priests DO NOT NEED hit cap to win to begin with.

Good priests tend to swap spellpen offhand+wand for 120 spell pen. Then its even cappable with another weapon with +13spen/haste gem. (I use this on my own priest).

I consider Psychic Scream somewhat unreliable in nature to begin with. I feel people miss more from misaiming / fearing out of range / out of sight more than due just spell hit.

Afaik hunter traps do not benefit from spell pen at all. Their damage does but not traps, this is why using Frost Res aura is effective despite hunter stacking spell pen and there's base 23%'ish chance to resist trap and a lot higher with Aura Mastery.

11. Higher rating teams are unlikely to die very fast, so missing 0.4 fears out of 10 fears is hardly ever big deal compared to running oom before opponent.

And vs lower teams, these top priests DO NOT NEED hit cap to win to begin with.
    Actually I dont remember going oom, at any mmr, with spirit offset and mp5 gems and bauble (even solace if you're human) youre good to go. I mean at higher rating don't you think its' important hit rating? Like imagine a good mage/rogue and you miss mass dispel on iceblock. Or you miss dispel on sacred shield on warrior (which is a setup pretty common), or a mind control. Also predator's switness, or fear ward, which are already hard to dispel by default..I literally can't run without hit rating. Also less hit rating > more times you have to do the same spell > you oom faster (and you loose precious time) so I really don't get it.

12. Actually I dont remember going oom, at any mmr, with spirit offset and mp5 gems and bauble (even solace if you're human) youre good to go. I mean at higher rating don't you think its' important hit rating? Like imagine a good mage/rogue and you miss mass dispel on iceblock. Or you miss dispel on sacred shield on warrior (which is a setup pretty common), or a mind control. Also predator's switness, or fear ward, which are already hard to dispel by default..I literally can't run without hit rating. Also less hit rating > more times you have to do the same spell > you oom faster (and you loose precious time) so I really don't get it.
    Auras usually have default 30% resist already. With misses it's ~34% (someone better in math can tell us more precise chance but this is enough for me).
    Going from 30 to 34% is rather insignificant. If SS dispel misses, pri just smashes dispel again. It's given that SS will resist dispels occasionally so I dont think missing once in blue moon really matters.

Disc/Mage and Disc/Rogues are quite rare at top ranks. Usually discs roll with melee and thus can safely ignore hit rating (playstyle is just healbot + dispel the melee, more or less).

13. Disc/Mage and Disc/Rogues are quite rare at top ranks. Usually discs roll with melee and thus can safely ignore hit rating (playstyle is just healbot + dispel the melee, more or less).
    I see, but when facing hpal+warrior its necessary I dispel the Hand of Freedom from warrior asap, to get distance, to have some peel. Meanwhile he is devastating me so I can't spend too much time spamming dispel..But ok, I will try to ignore hit rating let's see if something changes.

14. I see, but when facing hpal+warrior its necessary I dispel the Hand of Freedom from warrior asap, to get distance, to have some peel. Meanwhile he is devastating me so I can't spend too much time spamming dispel..But ok, I will try to ignore hit rating let's see if something changes.
    Capping hit rating at low ranks is probably useful even. It's unlikely to be long games until both teams are skilled enough for those. And if you are playing vs lower skilled teams, you can assume to kill them before your healer has mana problems (if any). Usually skilled healer can maintain mana better even if he has lower mp5.

15. Capping hit rating at low ranks is probably useful even. It's unlikely to be long games until both teams are skilled enough for those. And if you are playing vs lower skilled teams, you can assume to kill them before your healer has mana problems (if any). Usually skilled healer can maintain mana better even if he has lower mp5.
    It's not about lower skill teams, it's about warriors with istant overpower and istant kick, they put so much pressure on me and thus I cannot afford to miss a dispel, ironically, a warrior with these scripts, even at 2k rating, takes a second to kill me if I'm not peeled enough, meanwhile gladiator warriors with way more exp and different gameplay (really good, you can see the difference is night vs day) are another story, I can fake overpower/pummel/mind control/cyclone/roots, you know... so yea in that case vs legit players hit rating can be ignored a bit, but you know vs those scripters it's a race if the warrior can kill me in 2 global its gg for his team.

First 123 Last