1. Is rolling paladin viable in TBC?

I truly enjoyed paladins in every other expansion but I have never played TBC before. I have been hearing that pallys are not the greatest in this expansion. I want to play arenas and also do some Pve, how do paladins hold up in those fields?
    Thanks for your responses in advance,

-Sadoviano

2. Prot pallies are incredible 5 man tanks, and arguably the best tanks on certain raid bosses. They can farm like animals.
    Ret pallies have nutty burst, and are best teamed up for 2v2/3v3 with a Resto shaman. It's very viable.
    Holy pallies are great main tank healers, and buffs are always wanted.

Pallies are good, if you like pallies you should play one because all specs are viable.

3. Paladin is good in all aspects. Prot is the 5man king and raid offtank, Holy is a quality healer and Ret (in this 2.4 patch) is a quality melee dps.. You can find a raid spot with any of them.

4. As a tank they are pretty much okey,
    as dps mehh.. there are better mdps options, retri doesn't bring anything special in 25 man raids.Let's say they are okey.
    Now holy paladin, it's a joke if you are going for end game raiding, cuz all you need; 5 resto shamys 18 warlocks and 2 tanks.
    ''That will be the meta''

Coming from an experienced tbc player.

5. If you're Alliance, you can forget about Ret - both in PvP and PvE. You'll never reach high rating in arena and you'll never top the meters or provide enough utility to compensate (unlike enh shammys, for example).

If you're Horde, all 3 specs are okay. "Okay" is the best word here - you'll rarely be picked as a MT, you're not exactly the best healer out there but you're doing well, and you'll not top the DPS meters but you will be around the middle.

The key to playing a paladin all the way until WotLK is focusing on what YOU can give and provide for the group, which others cannot. Buffs, auras, AoE tanking, add tanking, bubbles, DI, Hand spells - you get the idea. If you think of your class as a "pure [role]", you won't reach far because paladins are not exactly amazing at any of the 3 roles, apart from tanking trash mobs.
    Edited: December 6, 2017

6. ye taralej, just say it to all this retri S3/S4 shoulders privates (and no most of them arent win-traders, or at least a really minor part of them not like warris who are more ok for wintrades mostly cuz they are alot more around than retris..) or retail "they will never reach high rating in arena" . and you don't have to be a god for this, just play enough well your class like this 2k3 mutilate-rogues/destro-locks/ele-shams.

maybe not rank1 team (and im not sure if a retri wasnt rank1 as ret-rogue during tbc-retail on their battlegroup, a moviemaker one...forgot the name a known one..found back the name mobywan 2400+ retri as retri-rogue....you right this is a not high-rated retri and he isnt alone doing 2k2+ retail or privates)

ye i necro the post , maybe sadovEZ will come around here later and will see this.....you can do it well as retri, maybe abit easier than some others but you can get your shoulders if you are enough good and you don't need to be a god for this, clearly not, it's just another class/spec available in the game.....