1. did it though? it had suramar i will give it that but world quest roulette and 1 days worth of time gated quests released over time (broken shore) I feel was just the illusion of having content.

argus content was terrible, just more world quest roulette

2. did it though? it had suramar i will give it that but world quest roulette and 1 days worth of time gated quests released over time (broken shore) I feel was just the illusion of having content.

because wotlk/tbc has more content nice brain >:D

3. the insult is not necessary, wotlk had far more content than legion

4. did it though? it had suramar i will give it that but world quest roulette and 1 days worth of time gated quests released over time (broken shore) I feel was just the illusion of having content.

The only extra content Warlords had post launch was Tanaan Jungle. Much content for the expansion was cut. Karabor and Bladespire being major cities, for example. If you weren't raiding, you were either sitting in your garrison or messing around in Ashran (which many people didn't like how it was executed). Legion, comparatively, is lauded as the expansion that gave us "too much" to do, both with launch content and post-launch content. You can try to argue otherwise if you wish, but that doesn't really change it.
    the insult is not necessary, wotlk had far more content than legion
    Perhaps it did, but X or Y expansion being liked more than Legion doesn't mean Legion is not a good expansion.

5. wotlk had far more content than legion
    Are you counting in WotLK's 5-man heroics that really aren't worth a damn.

6. the insult is not necessary, wotlk had far more content than legion
    i do not agree with this at all.sure WOTLK have highers number of raids however once you clear them you run our of content and hcs dungeons are completely useless and faceroll.mythic+ fix the problem with 5man dungeons. so you actually have reason to do them and can actually upgrade your gear.
    the biggest thing that legion bring was finally competitive PVE with real ladder and season score from mythic+.people make tournaments and ****.the competitive form of PVE can actually keep you entertain for very very long time.just like competitive PVP keep its player base for years.
    aside of that Legion was super fun to play.class design was awesome.i play unholy DK/WW monk both super fun and enjoyable to play.dungeon design awesome infinity better then any WOTLK dungeon.tank challenge in mage tower awesome and hard as ****.scenarios like "The Deaths of Chromie" ****ing awesome.WQ was actually not that bad i actually love them and 100% prefer them over old "dailys".art weapon quests the story quests suramar all this made Legion extremely fun and enjoyable expansion.and this is the most important part of playing a game to HAVE FUN.for me Legion was really good expansion for sure better then cata/MOP/WOD slightly worst then wotlk and TBC.if WOTLK had M+ that will make WOTLK greatest expansion by far then any other.

all that been said,the way Legion work i just cant imagen it on private server with low number population and bugs.just no pls its gonna be horrible experience just as it happen with MOP realm.how many years have been and still MOP realm is not fully scripted.better focus on current realms we have then looking into opening legion.
    Edited: November 17, 2017

7. Legion was super fun to play.class design was awesome.i play unholy DK/WW monk both super fun and enjoyable to play.
    Class design was awesome ??? Have you even tried to play arenas or bgs ? Playing currently on Blacrock and retail, I can tell you that class design is in its worst state.

Retrded class design began at cataclysm with the destruction of many classes skillcap (hello warrior, hello rogue, hello hunter, hello mage) and the homogenization of everything (every healer has a defensive magic dispell, every dps has a self healing ability or cd, everyone has a panic button...).

In comparison of what we have nowadays, Cataclysm still looks good gameplay-wise though. It's gone brutally worse at WoD, and completely dumbed down at Legion with the suppression on top of that of many core abilities to make them fcking talents. Plus the introduction of the most retrded class ever : demon hunter (3 buttons for damage, infinite mobility if not rooted, welcome to Legion).

The PvE is pretty good though indeed, Mythic+ is a good add, and raids are enjoyable so far

8. Class design was awesome ??? Have you even tried to play arenas or bgs ? Playing currently on Blacrock and retail, I can tell you that class design is in its worst state.

Retrded class design began at cataclysm with the destruction of many classes skillcap (hello warrior, hello rogue, hello hunter, hello mage) and the homogenization of everything (every healer has a defensive magic dispell, every dps has a self healing ability or cd, everyone has a panic button...).

In comparison of what we have nowadays, Cataclysm still looks good gameplay-wise though. It's gone brutally worse at WoD, and completely dumbed down at Legion with the suppression on top of that of many core abilities to make them fcking talents. Plus the introduction of the most retrded class ever : demon hunter (3 buttons for damage, infinite mobility if not rooted, welcome to Legion).

The PvE is pretty good though indeed, Mythic+ is a good add, and raids are enjoyable so far
    class design have nothing to do with PVP balance.yes i agree there is some **** moments in PVP like x2 belf DH.... and yes PVP state is really **** in legions,still not as **** it was in WOD, but the way classes work overall is super fun and enjoyable to play them.like look unholy DK rotation it give me more satisfaction then unholy in any other expansion.the MONK mastery and combo talent that you cant press same ability 2 times in a row make is so much fun to play then it use to be before.BM monk tank,,,you throw alcohol on your target and then set it on fire and they burn...how cool is that.there is synergy between your ability that make the gameplay way more fun that use to be.

if we talking about PVP only for me early cataclysm was best PVP by far.

9. class design have nothing to do with PVP balance.yes i agree there is some **** moments in PVP like x2 belf DH.... and yes PVP state is really **** in legions,still not as **** it was in WOD, but the way classes work overall is super fun and enjoyable to play them.like look unholy DK rotation it give me more satisfaction then unholy in any other expansion.the MONK mastery and combo talent that you cant press same ability 2 times in a row make is so much fun to play then it use to be before.BM monk tank,,,you throw alcohol on your target and then set it on fire and they burn...how cool is that.there is synergy between your ability that make the gameplay way more fun that use to be.

PvP wise for me that I thought was the best was WoD. Mostly cause I was mostly experienced in that.

Beside this point I liked Unholy DK for Legion as depending on the talents you picked, it could feel like a ranged DPS instead of melee.

10. class design have nothing to do with PVP balance.yes i agree there is some **** moments in PVP like x2 belf DH.... and yes PVP state is really **** in legions,still not as **** it was in WOD, but the way classes work overall is super fun and enjoyable to play them.like look unholy DK rotation it give me more satisfaction then unholy in any other expansion.the MONK mastery and combo talent that you cant press same ability 2 times in a row make is so much fun to play then it use to be before.BM monk tank,,,you throw alcohol on your target and then set it on fire and they burn...how cool is that.there is synergy between your ability that make the gameplay way more fun that use to be.

You literraly said "Legion was super fun to play.class design was awesome", so I'm not sure why you speak about balance now. I respect your opinion but I think the opposite : I have no fun playing my class in Legion (Frost mage). Unholy DK looks very simplistic too, at least compared to wotlk : in Legion you have 6 runes of the same type , it requires 0 gestion. Back in wotlk you had 2 runes of each type (blood, frost, unholy), it added some depth to the class. It's just an example, but it's the same for all the classes I can think about. Half of the things are automatic (passive) and the other half is extremely straight forward.

Again, I speak about gameplay in PVP.

11. Thanks for answering,I really appreciate it and I agree with you about this improve the current servers idea but I want to ask a favor from you since you are a super moderator.Please fix the scenerio line quests in MoP.Almost all of it bugged.Especially wrath of the lich king quest line.I ve said for MoP because I didnt play the other expansions since the molten has changed to warmane.

12. I'll give you the simplest possible answer so you and everyone else reading this can understand and stop ****ing asking:

They won't make WoD because it sucks donkey ****. WoD was a complete disaster and at one point during it I thought WoW would die out entirely.

They won't make Legion because it would be buggy af considering how soon it is. Legion is a decent expansion but it has so many ****ing scripts on every step that it would take ages to fix everything to a playable state where you can actually get your Legion flying.

They won't make any new expansions or realms because they already have enough on their heads. Frostwolf is slowly regaining ground and its forum section is attention-whoring all the time (and it works). Icecrown is full to the max every evening. Outland has a stable 12k pop every evening. Meanwhile, they still have to figure out what changes to implement to Neltharion so they can revive it.

Now shut the **** up finally... I'm starting to think that you people are just trolling with these threads because you seriously can't be that dumb.
    I was just wondering ******* many other pvp servers has legion right now even they are thrash.Warmane is the best among pvp servers right now so even they can have it why cant or dont the warmane have legion or WoD you didnt have to be that rude.

13. You literraly said "Legion was super fun to play.class design was awesome", so I'm not sure why you speak about balance now. I respect your opinion but I think the opposite : I have no fun playing my class in Legion (Frost mage). Unholy DK looks very simplistic too, at least compared to wotlk : in Legion you have 6 runes of the same type , it requires 0 gestion. Back in wotlk you had 2 runes of each type (blood, frost, unholy), it added some depth to the class. It's just an example, but it's the same for all the classes I can think about. Half of the things are automatic (passive) and the other half is extremely straight forward.

Again, I speak about gameplay in PVP.
    i speak about class balance because i got the impression that you are complaining about pvp only.it seems to me you dont like how well your class do.maybe i was wrong and you dont like the way your class work in general.
    no idea how frost mage is in legion,all i know the most popular pvp spec is arcane not frost in legion and you are mostly poly bot with some burst, you are super hard to catch but if they catch you die in 3 sec.maybe you just hate the way mages work in the expansion why dont you try other classes that will suit more your gameplay?

there is literally nothing alike WOTLK and Legion DK.its like completely new class.your pet is different,you mechanics are different everything is different.in legion unholy DK build up wounds on his target and detonate them later on.there is lots of mechanics you can can do around depend of your build you can turn literally into range class if you want,you can have 2 pets,you can go soul reaper this is debuff for 5 sec and you get 7% more haste for every wound you detonate on the target for its duration and its so easy to mess up or go for valkyra and boost her dmg by spending runic power,your art weapon can detonate all wounds and summon army of zombies your pet can have grip just as you your build is also very depend of what legendary you have.the way AOE work is also super well done.death and decay make your pet attacks and scorge strike aoe so you can get talent that make make your pet attacks apply wounds and since its aoe when you in death and decay apply wounds on multiple targets then scorge strike also become aoe and burst the wounds of multiple targets aswell.if you go for necrosis talent will completely change your rotatiom.there is no such **** and different builds that is crazy.and there is nothing simplistic about it its probably one of hardest specs to play in legion.and you are telling me this class design is not infinity better then WOTLK dk one where you keep 2 dots on the target and spam scorge strike and sometimes blood strike?

as for PVP i played dh/fdk/resto shaman and on my monk WW/fdk/healer and was actually really fun to play both comps.played holy paladin as well.they give you the option to go normal holy healer in PVP or go shockadin or become melee healer with crusader.how ****ing cool is that?
    overall i agree PVP in legion is not that good,competitive for sure its not worth but casual one can be really fun.however its not fair to judge classes and the way they work overall by PVP prospective only and it seems to me thats only thing you are looking for.there is other aspects of the game as well.in PVE some class mechanics are way more complex then WOTLK class mechanics.

btw early you say since cata they "homogenization" of all classes and skill level drops.explain pls?you think mage in cata is more easy to play then wotlk?or rogue?or warrior?or paladins? i do not agree with this at all they add more spells to classes but they still felt unique.the big mobility and insane helfheal cds come in MOP and WOD not cata.
    in legion they actually try to make classes feel unique again and i think they did pretty good job.
    Edited: November 18, 2017

14. the insult is not necessary, wotlk had far more content than legion
    This is true, but you do have to keep in mind that wotlk still had blizzards old development cycle, aka more time then current expansions. You are right that legion is nothing magical, but it did achieve that people actually go out into the world again, even if it's just to do world quests. As much as I despise the pvp in that expansion (pretty much all I care for), they did do well when I comes to luring players back into the world. If you ever went out into the world during wod, you'll know what I mean. The game isn't back where it needs to be, but it did take a step in the right direction.

15. i dont think the topic was about wether u like legion or not. It was about people asking warmane to open a legion server and the only true answer of why they dont do it , its because the client side files of that expansion are really messed up atm. Remember that warmane did not make wotlk core as it is now. It was a compilation made by hundreds of developers from diferent servers and locations working on it year after year. Just forget about it, expansion is not even over yet, it would take years of developing just to have the first patch working correctly.

That being said. As mercy said that you have a bunch of servers alrdy in wich you are working. Then i think the proper move for you guys now would be to invest on those servers. I mean, some people do like cata, some people do like mop. But you have clearly forgotten about those realms. Maybe you have one or two developers working on them. But marketing wise, they are way behind. You cant deny it, the population speks by itself.

Im quite sure you have enough capital to make it happen. Maybe hire some cata developers, re starting the cata or mop server, making some sort of launching campain, dude... there are hundreds of ideas on those server's forum, people do try to give you some pointers about it but you keep doing the actual worst thing you could posibly do about it, nothing.

I sometimes get tired of the same wotlk content and just stop playing entirely, but how about if i could then progress to a solid cata server inside warmane? That would be swell huh?

First 123 Last