1. Attention people who want new servers: ***slow your god damn roll***

no WOD is not gonna happen, I bet it was said by the staff that the idea for one is (quote on quote) "On the back burner" which means they probably wont do it. but Vittany (not really my acct name btw), "what about a legion server"?

Yes, I admit, I would like a Legion server, and I like legion just as much as the next high dude with his poorly rolled joint in his hand, But the servers we have right now (and that's a BIG "If" ) need to get their ****ty acts together, because lets face it right now, new servers is not the smart idea right now. Not with Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria at the steak of it turning into judgment day with how their population is doing at the moment, It would have to take someone with the same patience as me to even cooperate in playing even a single session on those servers. and I would know because I play MOP (even though its got as much bugs as a school lice outbreak), And I'm getting off topic. what i'm saying is we have two servers that are plastered with bugs and you people keep asking for more. please, I'm begging you DO NOT DO THAT! you'll just add more fuel to the fire (metallica pun).

in other words, just be patient and see where that goes and stop asking for WOD servers. I want one but you don't see me asking for it because i know they're not gonna make one (as i said in the beginning) . if you want WOD closest thing you'll get to it is to install the WOD models into your game folder. and you have to have the computer for that.

I'm going to bed now.
    Edited: November 16, 2017 Reason: missing punctuation

2. I'd say Warmane doesn't really pay much attention to these "but moooom" type of posts asking for new servers. And they shouldn't.

Ask yourselves these 2 questions:

- if a Legion/WoD server would come right now, how good do you think it will be?
    - if Warmane opens yet another realm, how do you think this will affect the other realms, their playerbase, and their staff allocation?

Oh, I forgot - people who cry for new servers are selfish kids and don't really ask themselves these questions.

3. - if a Legion/WoD server would come right now, how good do you think it will be?
    Could be as good as their Wotlk servers or could go the Neltharion route. Not many players want WoD and Legion is still live and quite a grind for most casuals.

4. I'm asking quality-wise as well, not just pop-wise. And yeah, WoD sucks and Legion is definitely not for casuals. Not that it matters anymore as the expansion is now over, with the new one around the corner.

5. like i said, if Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria are full of this many bugs, then a Legion/WOD server will be Aloooot worse. i don't see why people bother asking if they see that there are like 7 servers already in their website (adding all the expansions servers together), but yet people STILL ask for it, there are like probably a hundred forum posts saying "WAH We want new servers from the newer expansions but warmane wont do it because they're *******s",Most of those posts have grammar so bad i thought they were 7. Then theres people who says it like it is and the people asking for new servers still wont listen to them because they'll only hear what they wanna hear. did i say that about right? because i think i did decent.

6. I'm just begging for a pve realm for tbc or wotlk flavor. I'm willing to put money on a pve Icecrown clone would way out populate Lordaeron. Not just at launch but a year later...
    As far as I'm aware, from the few threads asking about why we don't have a PvE server essentially leads down to is, they are not popular and warmane doesn't want it.

7. romz is right, if you're looking for a Pve realm then this is not the place.

8. romz is right, if you're looking for a Pve realm then this is not the place.
    You say that like a legit option exists. Pve servers do not turn the entire world into a sanctuary. The best data point i can give is from a realm we cant mention for fear of being banned. Hosted 2 pvp servers and 1 pve server. The pve server ran at just about half the population of the big pvp server.The other pvp sever was dead. If this plays out the same way on warmane. It would out populate Lordaeron while generating donations. Playing wow more places than I really care to talk about. Players from pve servers for the most part behave differently. Anything to give a save haven from the entitled, arrogant, "expletives" that we encounter on these beloved pvp servers with dead world pvp. The frustration is real yo. I wish I could have faith that blizz classic will be a place to go but, blizzard is blizzard and they will funk it up.

9. You say that like a legit option exists. Pve servers do not turn the entire world into a sanctuary. The best data point i can give is from a realm we cant mention for fear of being banned. Hosted 2 pvp servers and 1 pve server. The pve server ran at just about half the population of the big pvp server.The other pvp sever was dead. If this plays out the same way on warmane. It would out populate Lordaeron while generating donations. Playing wow more places than I really care to talk about. Players from pve servers for the most part behave differently. Anything to give a save haven from the entitled, arrogant, "expletives" that we encounter on these beloved pvp servers with dead world pvp. The frustration is real yo. I wish I could have faith that blizz classic will be a place to go but, blizzard is blizzard and they will funk it up.
    You can say it would out populate Lordaeron, but I doubt it. The warmane community is very adamant about no Carebear servers.

10. Just like how the community wants low rate servers. Icecrown high rate still the big boy. For years "we will never make tbc" was coming from staff. Theorized timeline: blizzards classic announcement was mainly a public relations move. New expansion hits sept or nov of 2018. January of 2020 blizz opens classic sever. All private servers struggling by 2022. Allot of people play here for the content not simply because its free to play.

11. Just like how the community wants low rate servers. Icecrown high rate still the big boy. For years "we will never make tbc" was coming from staff. Theorized timeline: blizzards classic announcement was mainly a public relations move. New expansion hits sept or nov of 2018. January of 2020 blizz opens classic sever. All private servers struggling by 2022. Allot of people play here for the content not simply because its free to play.
    To be fair, Lordaeron existed way back in Molten days which was a x1 realm. All they really did was bring it back.

12. The vote for frostwolf x3 wotlk is what I refer to.

13. Private server players don't play on 1x for many more-than-logical reasons. First off, why would you want 1x in case you've leveled on 1x many times already, including on retail? People want to raid, they want to do end-game PvE and PvP. Having high rates is like having a second-grade character boost - it takes some time, but at least it's free. Second, what will you do and how will you feel when you encounter bugs which hinder your leveling process? What if some dungeons are closed? What if some scripts don't work? What if big chain quests end up not working (Thunderfury, Andorhal, the Sons of Hodir chain constantly breaks and glitches as well)? Third, in a game where leveling is hardly a factor anymore, why would you care about it and ask for it to last longer? You'll be spamming RDF from Crossroads/Goldshire anyway, while wearing half-heirloom gear.

"Yeah, but what about new players?" - WoW is 13 years old. New players are an almost-nonexistent minority. We have Medivh, we have Lordaeron - we saw what happened to them. It's good that Icecrown is full every evening so that people hop on Lordaeron, honestly. The most populated private servers are mid/high-rate ones, unless we're talking about vanilla where leveling is actually part of the game.

To the point: the only way a WotLK PvE server can reach Lordaeron's population is if it's mid/high-rate. Which kills the entire purpose of a PvE realm, to begin with.

Just no, no, no, and no.
    Edited: November 20, 2017

14. Private server players don't play on 1x for many more-than-logical reasons. First off, why would you want 1x in case you've leveled on 1x many times already, including on retail? People want to raid, they want to do end-game PvE and PvP. Having high rates is like having a second-grade character boost - it takes some time, but at least it's free. Second, what will you do and how will you feel when you encounter bugs which hinder your leveling process? What if some dungeons are closed? What if some scripts don't work? What if big chain quests end up not working (Thunderfury, Andorhal, the Sons of Hodir chain constantly breaks and glitches as well)? Third, in a game where leveling is hardly a factor anymore, why would you care about it and ask for it to last longer? You'll be spamming RDF from Crossroads/Goldshire anyway, while wearing half-heirloom gear.

"Yeah, but what about new players?" - WoW is 13 years old. New players are an almost-nonexistent minority. We have Medivh, we have Lordaeron - we saw what happened to them. It's good that Icecrown is full every evening so that people hop on Lordaeron, honestly. The most populated private servers are mid/high-rate ones, unless we're talking about vanilla where leveling is actually part of the game.

To the point: the only way a WotLK PvE server can reach Lordaeron's population is if it's mid/high-rate. Which kills the entire purpose of a PvE realm, to begin with.

Just no, no, no, and no.
    Low rate realms don't excel. This is known. High rate realms excel this is known. An unknown is a high rate pve realm say an icecrown pve clone. I am confident a pve clone of icecrown will smoke everything but icecrown and outland. Most popular expansion most popular format. How can it lose. Want to be a boss? Walk around flagged on a pve realm.

15. An unknown is a high rate pve realm
    As I said, the point of having a PvE realm is killed by having high rates. The two things contradict with each other. If your only reason for wanting a PvE realm is so that you won't get ganked, then you're a wuss.

Walk around flagged on a pve realm.
    So that people can completely ignore you since walking around flagged on a PvE realm is like running around with a signboard saying "I HAV VERI BIG KOK". No, thanks.

PvE realms mean more competition for resources (because you can't fight for them), zero wPvP, zero thrill while leveling, turning the whole process into a mind-less risk-free grind. There are ONLY 2 upsides to PvE realms: the carebear attitude of players, and the zero risk of getting ganked. Both of these are largely seen as downsides, though.
    Edited: November 20, 2017

123 Last