1. Spriest dummy dps 10-12k

So I have this guildie who keeps insisting he used to pull 10-12k stable dps on gs 5.8 spriest self buffed on dummy during retail. I am well aware that is just impossible.

Can any geared spriests share what dps they doing, or worldoflogs retail dummy spriest or w/e. getting tired from the numbers he keeps pulling out of his ***.
    Edited: November 16, 2017

2. Here's a chart with the DPS of classes in ICC25hc with the 30% buff.

I think it's pretty safe to assume that you wont be pulling 12k single-target on a dummy in 5.8 gear when fully 25 man raid buffed, heroic ready shadow priests are doing 16-17k with the 30% ICC buff on dummy fights like Festergut.

3. So I have this guildie who keeps insisting he used to pull 10-12k stable dps on gs 5.8 spriest self buffed on dummy during retail.
    He probably had both trinkets up and poped all offensive CDs and then pulled this DPS for some seconds. Or more likely, he is just lying.

4. Flat out lie. With a 6.4 gs, all pve except 5pc wrathful, you get about 6-7k consistant dps over a 5min duration. (not counting the pet, your only cd) Full pve on a dummy may be 8k with just self buffs at very best and I honestly dont think you'll hit that. On a single target of course. If he dots up the other dummies or aoe's he can hit his fictional numbers.

5. I was about to open a thread about that as well. I've never played shadow priest on retail so I never had an idea of how much DPS should I be doing with BiS Gear. My priest is almost BiS, only missing the trinket with the big proc from Sindragosa. These are my stats with self provided buffs ONLY and 6569 gear score:

Spell Power: 3918 --> It's a lot because I have gemmed for Socket Bonus and the trinket which I have right now (from my Discipline set) is Glowing Twilight Scale which has a lot of spell power.

Hit rating: 293 (11.17%) --> 4 points too high for a dummy fight without space goats by my side, which, I think, is acceptable for dummy parsing and a bit too high when talking about raids.

Haste rating: 1341 (40.90%) --> It was 1380 but recently I had the option to change a little haste for a lot of other stats and procs (for example the proccing enchant for the back from Tailoring). So after a bit of tinkering I lowered it so I can get the most stats.

And with this setup, I am doing 7700-8000 on a dummy. It starts out lower (around 6-6.5k) and builds up throughout the fight and the end result depends on the proccing luck.

I was about to ask you guys if this is normal because yesterday I saw some random guy on YouTube (most probably with worse gear than mine) doing 9900 on a dummy in Thunderbluff and I was baffled.... He had self provided buffs only and no flasks/scrolls. I don't like to compare DPS with different buffs/flasks/raids because we add a ton of variables to the equation that way.

So now I am asking myself: is this good DPS actually or bad?

Regarding OP's question: judging by the replies in this thread and my DPS on the dummy - it seems your guildie is most probably lying and that guy who I saw on YouTube was just playing on a weird server. I will appreciate any input from Shadow Priest masters here because I am always eager to learn from my mistakes.

6. BiS SP can pull 8500-9000 DPS at dummy. 5mins fight.

7. Your DPS is too low for your gear, even with the healing trinket. You didn't give any other details about your rotation or your armory so there's not a lot to go on.

8. I was about to open a thread about that as well.
    Please do so. This thread was necro'd.