1. TBC FPS Drop?

Am I the only one that experience this. It only happens in the main city's like Orgrimmar or Stormwind. As soon as I enter those places my fps literally cuts in half. Does that have something to do with Tbc in general? I don't have the best specs but it should at least be able to handle this game.

2. Such an issue is most commonly caused by addons.

3. Such an issue is most commonly caused by addons.
    I only have Bagnon,Cartographer and Questhelper

4. I only have Bagnon,Cartographer and Questhelper
    Disable them one at a time and see if it has an effect.

5. Am I the only one that experience this. It only happens in the main city's like Orgrimmar or Stormwind. As soon as I enter those places my fps literally cuts in half. Does that have something to do with Tbc in general? I don't have the best specs but it should at least be able to handle this game.
    Well actually i find it very weird. For example when i play Legion (which is obviously more demanding than TBC) i have very steady high fips (going well over 100 fps) unlike in TBC.. the max i can pull in TBC is 80 and the lowest 60 and i have roughly the same addons for both expansions maybe even few more addons on Legion. I guess the game is just simply OLD and it causes some kind of issues with modern pcs.

6. Well actually i find it very weird. For example when i play Legion (which is obviously more demanding than TBC) i have very steady high fips (going well over 100 fps) unlike in TBC.. the max i can pull in TBC is 80 and the lowest 60 and i have roughly the same addons for both expansions maybe even few more addons on Legion. I guess the game is just simply OLD and it causes some kind of issues with modern pcs.
    Yeah weird thing is. Doesn't matter if I change my resolution or grahpic settings. The fps simply stays the same in those city's. 1920x1080 fps is 34-40 in Orgrimmar. changed it to 800x600 just to see if it would change. But I get exactly the same fps.

7. i have the same issue my fps jump up and down alot and i can be sitting still and my fps will still jump up and down. crazy thing is i played on Excalibur and never had issues there so i think its the server. i have an older PC but its still quad core and has a new graphics card so its more powerful then whats needed for wow. never had issues with rift or AA "the little i played of AA" with the same PC but minus the new graphics card "twice as good as the old one". only other issue i can think of is that my hard drive has a little "very little" wear on it so maybe that causes the problem but like i said i think its the server.

8. Well actually i find it very weird. For example when i play Legion (which is obviously more demanding than TBC) i have very steady high fips (going well over 100 fps) unlike in TBC.. the max i can pull in TBC is 80 and the lowest 60 and i have roughly the same addons for both expansions maybe even few more addons on Legion. I guess the game is just simply OLD and it causes some kind of issues with modern pcs.

thats cant be true wow was created back in what 2006?TBC in 2007? so wow was made to run on PC's of that time and PC's now are alot stronger then they were in 2006. the games the same and pc's are the same its just todays pcs are more powerful and faster but can still read the same code.

9. thats cant be true wow was created back in what 2006?TBC in 2007? so wow was made to run on PC's of that time and PC's now are alot stronger then they were in 2006. the games the same and pc's are the same its just todays pcs are more powerful and faster but can still read the same code.
    PCs are not really the same as back then. Yes our PCs are more powerful, but it also is very dependent on OS. For example, you can't play Elder Scrolls: Arena on a PC today without DOSBox.

10. No, it runs well on any windows 7+. OS is not the problem. The problem is the archaic engine able to only use 2 CPU cores.
    It is to be expected, that ull get lower fps when entering some crowded areas like big populated cities.

Yeah weird thing is. Doesn't matter if I change my resolution or grahpic settings. The fps simply stays the same in those city's. 1920x1080 fps is 34-40 in Orgrimmar. changed it to 800x600 just to see if it would change. But I get exactly the same fps.
    Thats because its a CPU bottleneck. Even with the best GPU vailable now, u would have the same fps :).