1. Psychic Scream DR - custom fixbug?

When I use psychic scream as shadow priest in arena fear is just for 2 seconds, this is happening very often last days in arena (playing with mage btw) and its gamebreaking bug, psychic scream has 23 sec cooldown (including wrathful hands reduc cooldown and talent from shadow). DR (diminish return) should be like 18-20sec so its imposible to fear into DR, anyway fear for 2sec is 3rd DR so it doesnt make sense at all.

Psychic Scream should always fear for full duration when Shadow / Frost mage comp has no other same DR with Psychic Scream so I dont know where is the problem here.

Psychic scream DR should be always lower than psychic scream cooldown, and its not working on any different realm or server like that. This is gamebreaking change and priests will be close to unplayable class in arenas.

If you dont know how it should works there you go - http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Diminishing_returns
    Edited: November 17, 2017

2. Diminishing returns start counting down from the end of the CC, your own link, which I imagine you didn't really bother to read, clearly states that. So ask yourself how much 18 (average DR timer) + 8 (full duration psychic scream) is and why it's less than 23 in your head.

3. @DamnOriginal Priests and Paladins do have reduced fear effects, so your comment doesnt make any sense in general.

4. @DamnOriginal Priests and Paladins do have reduced fear effects, so your comment doesnt make any sense in general.
    I didn't expect first grade math to confuse someone this much. Consider having yourself tested if you haven't already, unless you're still in first grade, in which case you should probably be doing your homework instead of writing insightful commentary online, you'll need the extra credits, trust me.

CC reduction effects of specific classes are completely irrelevant because I was addressing OP's claim that 23 seconds of cooldown on psychic scream somehow means it can't trigger diminishing returns from itself which is false because 8 + 15-20 = how much? That's right, 23+, which means you can trigger diminishing returns that way if you wait for the full duration and then fear again as soon as possible. Another thing is OP never mentioned this happening to any specific classes, he just assumed this is some kind of general bug because he thinks DR starts ticking when the CC lands as opposed to when it ends, which again makes your comment pointless. Third, 30% fear reduction gives us a fear duration of 5.6 and 5.6 + 18-20 is still 23.6-25.6, which means you can still trigger diminishing returns with just psychic scream if you're unlucky with DR timers and fear exactly on cd, which once again makes me wonder what point you were even trying to make here.
    Edited: November 18, 2017

5. you dont understand this affects only psychic scream, not polymorph or casual fears, thats what we trying to say here

6. I didn't expect first grade math to confuse someone this much. Consider having yourself tested if you haven't already, unless you're still in first grade, in which case you should probably be doing your homework instead of writing insightful commentary online, you'll need the extra credits, trust me.

CC reduction effects of specific classes are completely irrelevant because I was addressing OP's claim that 23 seconds of cooldown on psychic scream somehow means it can't trigger diminishing returns from itself which is false because 8 + 15-20 = how much? That's right, 23+, which means you can trigger diminishing returns that way if you wait for the full duration and then fear again as soon as possible. Another thing is OP never mentioned this happening to any specific classes, he just assumed this is some kind of general bug because he thinks DR starts ticking when the CC lands as opposed to when it ends, which again makes your comment pointless. Third, 30% fear reduction gives us a fear duration of 5.6 and 5.6 + 18-20 is still 23.6-25.6, which means you can still trigger diminishing returns with just psychic scream if you're unlucky with DR timers and fear exactly on cd, which once again makes me wonder what point you were even trying to make here.
    Doesnt make sense at all this is not how it works for 7 years, it nowhere works like u said, otherwise you would never know when u can cast full poly and when not coz DR tracker using always 18 sec, same with other classes, this would be gamebreaking change for all pvp classes, but it happens only as priest moreover i noticed it happens only vs warrior comps

7. you dont understand this affects only psychic scream, not polymorph or casual fears, thats what we trying to say here
    What is "this"? The only "this" we have are diminishing returns and they affect both polymorph and regular fears the same. Your made up "bug" is just your failure to understand how diminishing returns work. If you pretend fear has a 23 sec cooldown like psychic scream, fear someone for 8 seconds without breaking it and then land another fear exactly 23 seconds after the first one began, you will most likely get a diminished fear because a grand total of 15 seconds have passed from when the first one ended and the window of diminishing returns is 15-20, depending on luck. Do you comprende?

Doesnt make sense at all this is not how it works for 7 years, it nowhere works like u said, otherwise you would never know when u can cast full poly and when not coz DR tracker using always 18 sec, same with other classes, this would be gamebreaking change for all pvp classes, but it happens only as priest moreover i noticed it happens only vs warrior comps
    Mate, read your own link and stop wasting everyone else's time with your ignorance and bad reading comprehension.

Originally Posted by Your Own Damn Link
    Spells must be used on the same target within 15 seconds of the *end* of the duration in order to be diminished.
    Originally Posted by Your Own Damn Link Again
    It should be noted that the server does not reset diminishing returns after exactly 15 seconds. Instead, it checks every 5 seconds if there are any diminishing returns that should be reset because the last spell in their category was cast on the target more than 15 seconds ago. As a result, a particular diminishing return category may take anywhere between 15 and 20 seconds to reset. Most addons guess that a DR category has reset after 18 seconds by default.
    Psychic scream lasts 8 seconds, the cd starts when you use it but the DR starts when the fear ends so if it lasts 8 seconds, your cd is now 23 - 8 secs which is 15 secs, now the DR starts and can last anywhere from 15-20 secs, which means if you use your fear exactly on cd, you will hit DR. What is the issue here?

8. you dont understand this affects only psychic scream, not polymorph or casual fears, thats what we trying to say here
    No such thing was said in the OP, though. You can't expect anyone to 'understand' things that were never stated in the first place.

Yes, DRing a Psychic Scream generally doesn't happen because a full duration PvP Psychic Scream is 8 seconds and the DR timer is 15 seconds. However, this wasn't quite accurate in the OP either, as the OP specifically stated that the DR timer is "18-20sec". If the DR timer was "18-20sec" like the OP stated, then the DR timer would be at 26-28 seconds range. Which would mean DamnOriginal's response is correct. However, as I previously stated, the DR timer is 15 seconds, not "18-20sec". Therefore, the DR timer ends 23 seconds after the end of a full-duration PvP Psychic Scream (8 sec duration + 15 sec DR timer).

If ya'll want to formulate a proper complaint or argue with people about it, get your figures straight and say what you want to say before slapping at people who respond.

Are you saying that the DR timer isn't working properly, and thus is 18 seconds instead of 15 seconds? Also, it only works against "warrior comps"? Would that include a Holydin by chance? If so, I think you should be aware that Holydins have a talent that is popular for PvP which reduces the duration of Fear effects.

9. @Mercy so is it bug that my priest is fearing for 2 seconds duration or not ? or should it be that way, cause on blackrock it doesnt work that way as it is now on icecrown, either on any other wotlk server.

10. So its a bug or not? Im rly confused now, I already made bug report topic about this problem and some GM said:

"Casting Psychic Scream on target that was previously Feared and Polymorphed before that, triggers DR.

Cast Polymorph, Cast Psychic Scream and cast Psychic Scream again when cooldown is done, duration of second Psychic Scream will be DRed, even though cooldown on Psychic Scream is 26 seconds."

..and then he deleted the topic.

It started happening at the start of this week and i still doesnt hear reponse if you made some update about "fear" category DR or if its a bug coz currently im r1 in 2v2 and this is really gamebreaking thing for me.

11. Let's see if you two special individuals respond better to pictures.

This is on Blackrock. Your fear has DR when you use it on cd because 8 seconds of fear + 15-20 seconds of DR is either 23 or more, which means that when it comes off cd, there's still a couple seconds of DR left.

12. you probably didnt read what the moderator just said

"However, as I previously stated, the DR timer is 15 seconds, not "18-20sec". Therefore, the DR timer ends 23 seconds after the end of a full-duration PvP Psychic Scream (8 sec duration + 15 sec DR timer)."

13. Let's see if you two special individuals respond better to pictures.

This is on Blackrock. Your fear has DR when you use it on cd because 8 seconds of fear + 15-20 seconds of DR is either 23 or more, which means that when it comes off cd, there's still a couple seconds of DR left.
    DamnOriginal I dont know what are u still trying to say here, maybe read once again what Mercy said and then read again what problem we are discussing here.

14. "However, as I previously stated, the DR timer is 15 seconds, not "18-20sec". Therefore, the DR timer ends 23 seconds after the end of a full-duration PvP Psychic Scream (8 sec duration + 15 sec DR time." -This is what Mercy said

"Diminishing returns is 15-20, depending on luck." --This is what DamnOriginal said

So wheres the truth? Mercy is GM.

15. you probably didnt read what the moderator just said

"However, as I previously stated, the DR timer is 15 seconds, not "18-20sec". Therefore, the DR timer ends 23 seconds after the end of a full-duration PvP Psychic Scream (8 sec duration + 15 sec DR timer)."
    DamnOriginal I dont know what are u still trying to say here, maybe read once again what Mercy said and then read again what problem we are discussing here. You are still screaming and being offensive when you are actually dumbo who cant even read.
    It's pretty depressing that these muppets managed to waddle to rank 1 with a CC heavy comp like mage/priest without even knowing how their CC works.

Mercy is wrong. Diminishing returns on the Warmane servers work exactly like they are described in OP's link, which he should've at least bothered to read before making a fool out of himself. Diminishing returns last from 15-20 seconds, depending on server response and luck. This is why you can DR your own psychic screams even with 26 cd on it sometimes like this:

This is not a bug, it is exactly how diminishing returns worked on retail during Wotlk, which is why it's on a damn wiki page. The fact that you're bad and DR your own fears is not a concern of mine. What I'm here to do is explain to you that this isn't a bug, it's just you not understanding game mechanics.

"However, as I previously stated, the DR timer is 15 seconds, not "18-20sec". Therefore, the DR timer ends 23 seconds after the end of a full-duration PvP Psychic Scream (8 sec duration + 15 sec DR time." -This is what Mercy said

"Diminishing returns is 15-20, depending on luck." --This is what DamnOriginal said

So wheres the truth? Mercy is GM.
    I've literally provided you with screenshots proving what I'm saying.

12 Last