1. I don't understand (Medivh's handling/state)

As we obviously all know medivh is dead at this point. It's not slandering the server, it's just how it is at this current state in time. That being said, I'm the gm of one or the only remaining NA raiding guilds on the server. I feel like the server has above average scripting and is worth waiting out this drought of players in hopes the devs come up with a solution for the few loyal guilds who have chosen to stay on medivh for better or for worse (us included) So most of the guilds who have had to leave the server was due to them having people slowly drop off and leave the server resulting in 20 people logging in for their raid nights, they weren't unsatisfied with the content in almost all cases. If you aren't aware, recruiting for a raiding guild right now is abyssmal. The people who want to raid are either in their guilds already and raiding or don't speak English, which means if people quit the server etc that persons raid slot PROBABLY won't get replaced. So with all this in mind, one or my core raiders jokingly posted " ded server " like many other people do in global which resulted in him being instantly permabanned.... now the reason my guild hasn't been forced to move off the server is because we have a core of committed people who decided we're all gonna stay on this server through hell and high water and raid through tier 6, so we depend on every single person or we can't filll. The Devs aren't naive, I know they know were one of the few guilds who are in tier 5 who are loyally/patiently waiting for you guys to fix the population problem. The point of this post is just that I don't understand why you're so quick to perma ban people on this server over a harmless chat meme THAT IS LITERALLY SPAMMED ON EVERY SERVER EVER's global that is already very hard to maintain a raiding guild on due to pop. We might not be able to raid any longer without this person since we know we can't we can't replace him... this is very disheartening and I not only hope his appeal gets him unbanned but you guys actually come up with a solution soon to save medivh before NO ONE is playing on it. We don't want to server hop. We want to finish the content here, but when the gms make it harder in an environment that already has the odds against us, we don't know what to think or do at this point.
    Edited: November 18, 2017

2. @ realm situation, a crossrealm system is still in the works and might improve the population number issue for pvp matches. @banned guild mate, you need to tell him to appeal using the ban appeal system on website.

3. @ realm situation, a crossrealm system is still in the works and might improve the population number issue for pvp matches. @banned guild mate, you need to tell him to appeal using the ban appeal system on website.
    Crossrealm pvp matches have nothing to do with guilds dying and quitting the server because there isnt enough people. Please just merge medivh into outland.

4. I'm sure your guy will get unbanned on appeal.

I'm positive, at this point, that this problem will not be fixed. The staff could have done something by now, but they don't even respond to suggestions to fix it.

That said, I think if the remaining guilds are committed to staying here no matter what, then this problem isn't a huge deal for those involved. Nobody from my guild is leaving, despite the low pop. We bring people we know from other servers and aren't going anywhere, because there's literally nowhere else to go without p2w or bad scripting. I'm confident that we can attune new people who roll here, and maintain our core through Sunwell if we need to, without any recruits. It sounds like you're planning the same. And if some randoms actually do reach 70 and want to raid, I'm sure we'd take them. But that would just be a nice bonus, not something we rely on. Maybe I'm being optimistic but that's the plan, anyway.

Dead server or not, good leadership can keep a guild alive to see the content. There have been private servers that exist for literally 25 people to raid. We'll be fine if we don't flake out and bail like all the rest of those joke guilds who wasted the time of all their members because they follow hype servers. I don't see how the number of bodies standing around shatt impacts the game experience of any raider, if recruitment is not a problem. Maybe more expensive raid mats, but that's about it. Good luck.
    Edited: November 19, 2017

5. Crossrealm pvp matches have nothing to do with guilds dying and quitting the server because there isnt enough people. Please just merge medivh into outland.
    That really doesn't work for the people who wanted to play on Medivh, now does it? The concept of the two realms are very different. It might be your opinion that merging the realms would be a good thing, but that's not necessarily the opinion many share.
    I'm positive, at this point, that this problem will not be fixed. The staff could have done something by now, but they don't even respond to suggestions to fix it.
    The thought that the realm's population is even an issue is in itself a point of view. A "fix" for this is an fix for someone's opinion of the realm, and that's not how we operate. That's not to say that the realm was provided 'as-is' because it was requested by so many.

6. Please just merge medivh into outland.
    Merging Medivh with Outland will basically destroy the whole point of Medivh. I thought that was eyepokingly obvious.

They can't let people transfer to Medivh because the 1x rates will be a joke and everyone on Medivh will complain for having leveled normally. Also, because it's unfair buying items from the shop for Outland, then transferring to Medivh with said items.
    They can't let people transfer from Medivh because then Medivh will die overnight.
    They can't increase the rates either. People wanted 1x, Warmane gave them 1x, people played a bit, got bored and left/moved to Outland. How is that Warmane's fault? Outland's rates are 5x, which is mid-rate, so by how much exactly do you want Medivh's rates to be increased to make a difference and NOT turn into Outland v2.0 at the same time?

If you want Medivh to grow while keeping its identity, then all you have to do is keep playing on it. Medivh is a 1x hardcore realm - its entire philosophy is about players NOT getting anything easy but instead getting it blizzlike. If you wanna blame someone, blame the players for not liking leveling 1x in 2017, which is a lost cause.
    Edited: November 20, 2017

7. He said merge medivh into outland which would mean server disbanded, which really is the only viable solution that exists out there. Especially since people like this guy have memed it to death that the server is dead, of course nobody is going to go there.

8. Especially since people like this guy have memed it to death that the server is dead, of course nobody is going to go there.
    But nooooooo, it's Warmane's fault, bro! Repeating that the server is dead for months straight does not mean anything, trust me! Definitely Warmane did something different on Medivh that drove the people away, like 1x rates or no shop - who knows (BECAUSE THAT'S LITERALLY THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO REALMS).

9. But nooooooo, it's Warmane's fault, bro! Repeating that the server is dead for months straight does not mean anything, trust me! Definitely Warmane did something different on Medivh that drove the people away, like 1x rates or no shop - who knows (BECAUSE THAT'S LITERALLY THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO REALMS).
    I have 30 days played in my medivh account, left the server in favor of outland 2 weeks ago (just so you see that I know what I'm talking about).

I was full T4 geared and my guild was progressing through T5 (4/6,3/4). Still my friends were dropping like flies and leaving the server. Why was that? Was x1 too hard to endure? Nah we all had our grinding done (all reps farmed, all attunements done, and these are arguably the "most boring part" of tbc... heck I even farmed my talbuk, so it wasnt about easy or hard experience).

Then what? Well from my point of view:
    -Server feels like admins dont care about it (it doesnt give money so I can understand that it's a little bit more disregarded) but they still didnt addres some major points that were killing the server
    -When I have clared all heroic content and farmed proffs what is there left in tbc to do? Raiding and PvP.
    -As far as raiding goes I will log in 6 hours a week for the actual raiding and maybe 1 extra hour for preparing my oil, flasks and food.
    -PvP in medivh died quickly. Why is it in s1 when outland is s2? Why cant we trade any mark for alterac marks in order to complete te marks quest? Why arent bgs announced in server? Why isnt pvp promoted?

When I just need to log in 7 hours a week, you create a server of raidloggers and it feels dead. If I'm online playing pvp I might join an heroic run when I get bored, If im offline all week I wont even know someone is looking for a group.

So when people, who want to gear their characters both in pvp and pve started leaving we realized we couldnt fill their rols as quickly as they were leaving... what are the options? Back to heroic farming for some new people and back to t4 raiding in order to get them geared so we as a guild can go back to t5? Hell even the new people we invited left in a week.

If I want to play a MMO I want it to feel alive, I want to be able to find any kind of content (pve pvp) whenever I want, and imo thats why medivh died. Because of the lack of any action to fill the time between raids.

Dunno why I quoted you to write this, anyways kind regards.

10. That really doesn't work for the people who wanted to play on Medivh, now does it? The concept of the two realms are very different. It might be your opinion that merging the realms would be a good thing, but that's not necessarily the opinion many share.

The thought that the realm's population is even an issue is in itself a point of view. A "fix" for this is an fix for someone's opinion of the realm, and that's not how we operate. That's not to say that the realm was provided 'as-is' because it was requested by so many.
    at least provide us an option to server transfer to outland then. or allow a community vote, every single guild ive spoken to who is raiding here would much rather deal with the cheesey people buying gear and still able to sustain their guild instead of playing on an empty server.

11. The point of saying the realm has a population issue is in its self, a point of view..... Lol, thats a political answer.... Well I was one to beg for a X1-X2 TBC server, I have 2 characters on medivh. THE REASON I DON'T PLAY ON MEDIVH IS BECAUSE OF POPULATION DROP... After the begging, and hype for a normal server EVERYONE has chosen X5+ Pay to win bull**** route... Thats cool, But it has ruined my TBC experience.. I wish medivh had Lordearon populaton, maybe giving it perks? I now play on lordearon enjoying my wotlk experience. I would go back to medivh if warmane would promote or perk medivh to gaining population.. But i guess warmane wont do crap or give two dumps about medivh because IT GIVES ZERO REVENUE.. In the end its all about $$$$.... Untill next time...

12. -Server feels like admins dont care about it (it doesnt give money so I can understand that it's a little bit more disregarded) but they still didnt addres some major points that were killing the server
    Like what? Which of those points exist on Medivh and don't exist on Outland? Which of those points are not part of Medivh's realm design?
    -When I have clared all heroic content and farmed proffs what is there left in tbc to do? Raiding and PvP.
    -As far as raiding goes I will log in 6 hours a week for the actual raiding and maybe 1 extra hour for preparing my oil, flasks and food.
    Same goes for Outland.
    -PvP in medivh died quickly.
    Because people left.
    Why is it in s1 when outland is s2? Why cant we trade any mark for alterac marks in order to complete te marks quest?
    I have no idea what you're talking about here since I don't play on Medivh.
    Why arent bgs announced in server?
    That's a custom thing on private servers
    Why isnt pvp promoted?
    How without breaking the realm's philosophy?
    If I want to play a MMO I want it to feel alive, I want to be able to find any kind of content (pve pvp) whenever I want, and imo thats why medivh died. Because of the lack of any action to fill the time between raids.
    That's because people left. Not because of Warmane or because of Medivh. The problem with Medivh is not that it has a problem which causes people to leave. The problem with Medivh is that people are leaving for no reason, and the more that leave, the more that follow them. People just don't want 1x, and those who want it give up. That's the problem. Medivh is not treated any differently than Outland. The realm will not get better if people like you just keep leaving. You wanted 1x, you got it. So why are you leaving? "Because a lot of people are leaving" - well then you're just part of the problem.
    Edited: November 22, 2017

13. I wish medivh had Lordearon populaton, maybe giving it perks? I now play on lordearon enjoying my wotlk experience. I would go back to medivh if warmane would promote or perk medivh to gaining population..
    So you basically want Medivh to turn into Outland, but without the shop. So you basically said "u know what, **** 1x, just give us high rates, ty".

Yeah. That's the main problem about Medivh - players like you.

14. lmao you can rarely do dungeons on medivh, he's not saying **** x1 you dip**** he's saying that he rather deal with GS cancer and all of outland crap rather then leave his char that he wasted hours on.
    And medivh IS dead, it's not a meme it's a fact.

15. Said nothing about screw X1 thats why i play X1. Nor do I want it to be like outlands, 1k+/5k+ population is amazing .. I'm saying give it some ATTENTION and add perks - discount flying mount - server cross BGs / arena with outlands - OPTION x2 for others ( hellground had toggle ) - etc

123 Last