1. Is it okay for a TBC noob to start here new as a prot warrior?

I'd like to try TBC and I'd like to play as a protection warrior but I'm a total noob at TBC pve encounters, also no idea about this class. Kinda noobish in pve in general. Would it be okay for me to play it? Or would I be yelled at too much in pve? Shoul I instead start first as dps and learn more about pve this way? Help pls.

Thank you and have a nice day.

2. Would not recommend prot warrior as a beginner spec. Prot paladin on the other hand is very easy, and always popular.

3. Thanks, I see. I read that prot paladins are the opposite of popular in TBC so a bit confused now.

4. You can play a Warrior just fine, but you need to be willing to research into how it works so you can get the most out of it. A Prot Paladin isn't super popular for raiding like the Warrior is, but it does well in dungeons. There was a lot of hate for Paladins in TBC on retail largely because just before TBC, Warriors were the only viable tank. People's opinions were affected by that.

Anyway, if you want to play a Warrior, the things you need to research and practice are how to build threat effectively and efficiently, and what the proper stats you need to get for your Warrior are.

5. Also, if you're gonna level a warrior, please don't do it as Protection. You will suffer greatly.

6. Warriors were made for suffering. Not, for SUFFERING. Warrior suffers, player suffer, enemy suffers. Rage, blood, pain and anger! ..krhm, sorry.
    Warrior is the hardest class for solo play, in vanilla and TBC.
    But if you have friends, with whom u play 24/7 u can go Prot and lvl up fast via elite quests, dungeon runs. But u can tank same dungs in Fury or Arms, just have a shield, know tanking basics and rotation.
    So, Prot War before lvl 60 - only for crazy ppl.