1. Icecrown Waiting times

so it's currently 9:15 A.M

i've been trying to log in since 7:15 A.M

2 hours i've now been trying to log in to the server, my position in the queue is #1598

and its either 68 minutes estimated time... or over 400 Minutes estimated time

anyone else who seems to ask the same question gets told "LOL DONATE N U WONT HAV DIS PRBLEM"

yes i had to make them sound mentally challenged, because i shouldn't have to donate to enjoy a private server that's purposefully free...

i even tried to donate, i would of donated by phone but... Can't

so i'm just expected every day to wait 3+ hours to log in to icecrown??

i can't play the TBC Server because 99% of NPCS do far more damage than they should... only the WOTLK server is decently balanced so far for me.

2. Unfortunately, you'd have to wait the queue or donate there is really nothing that they will do. I see your point about the free part, but there's not much that can be done to change it

3. It's not a matter of not much that can be done, because there is a huge amount that can be done about This

but they intend to force people to donate.. which is just pathetic to do

and honestly i had it in mind to Donate, but now i just never want to donate to the server, because it's Forced.

i've been trying to log in for almost 3 hours now... and im still in the queue

4. It's not a matter of not much that can be done, because there is a huge amount that can be done about This

but they intend to force people to donate.. which is just pathetic to do

and honestly i had it in mind to Donate, but now i just never want to donate to the server, because it's Forced.

i've been trying to log in for almost 3 hours now... and im still in the queue
    enjoy the wait then. or find another server with no que.

5. enjoy the wait then. or find another server with no que.
    looking at your replies to everything... people generally dont like you.

6. looking at your replies to everything... people generally dont like you.
    people generally don't like being told the truth.

7. people generally don't like being told the truth.
    its not a matter of telling the truth, it's the matter of you think everything is set in stone, so you're an *** to everyone.. lol

8. its not a matter of telling the truth, it's the matter of you think everything is set in stone, so you're an *** to everyone.. lol
    not everyone. mostly those who start the same stupid threads that have been started 101 times, and they were told no each and every time. some people just can't beat that into their thick skulls.

9. I agree that it is a rather shady tactic to force donations from people, when the fact is the queue is completely unnecessary. The Warmane staff should be doing this for the love of the game, not profit. I am actually quite shocked Blizzard hasn't dropped the hammer already, but I'd like to think it's because Private Servers usually aren't out to make a profit. These kind of practices, and the people who say "suck it up or play somewhere else", only serve to make the Admins seem greedy and out for money, and a much larger target for the Blizzard legal team.

Either way, I am sure there is a storm coming, with the recent announcement that Blizzard will be providing (free-to-play..??) legacy servers soon..
    Edited: November 19, 2017

10. I agree that it is a rather shady tactic to force donations from people, when the fact is the queue is completely unnecessary. The Warmane staff should be doing this for the love of the game, not profit. I am actually quite shocked Blizzard hasn't dropped the hammer already, but I'd like to think it's because Private Servers usually aren't out to make a profit. These kind of practices, and the people who say "suck it up or play somewhere else", only serve to make the Admins seem greedy and out for money, and a much larger target for the Blizzard legal team.

Either way, I am sure there is a storm coming, with the recent announcement that Blizzard will be providing free-to-play legacy servers soon..
    they're not forcing anyone to pay. you simply have to wait to login if you don't want to pay. if they were as money hungry as people make them out to be they'd charge a monthly fee. they would of also shut down all realms but outland, icecrown and possibly Frostwolf since the rest have such a horrible population/likely bring in very little revenue.

far as the legacy servers we'll see what happens to our population whenever those come out.

11. they're not forcing anyone to pay. [..] if they were as money hungry as people make them out to be they'd charge a monthly fee.
    I didn't say they were forcing me to pay. I said it's a shady tactic to force donations, which it is. If they forced you to pay a monthly fee, they'd have a much, much smaller player base, and would probably be targeted by Blizzard.

you simply have to wait to login if you don't want to pay.
    If they just want me to wait before I play... then why not just have a set time limit? Like 30 minutes, or 1 hour? The way it is now you have no idea how long the wait will be depending on what time it is, and it can be up to 2 hours. Either way, why do the admins ask me to wait to play? What's the point?

If the server truly can handle as many logins as it has to at once, this is a completely arbitrary and unnecessary system. The ONLY reason for it's use is to TRY* to force donations, which I'll say again, is a very shady thing to do.

12. I waited 8 ****ING HOURS today, logged 10am to get in 6pm.
    BUT, theres nothing that can be done, they cant improve the player cap, there is too much people already everywhere, competitions for mobs ,ganking,lag, the game mechanics cant handle more than 12000 people. thats why i dont believe that its a tatic for donations, more people would break the blizzlikeness of the game

I dont really care though, the queues make it easier for me to not get addicted, go read a book, study, go out or something while you wait.

13. THe only way to solve this that i see is spliting the realm and create some system to cross-realm raiding and pvp, but i dont think people would be to happy with this either

14. If they just want me to wait before I play... then why not just have a set time limit? Like 30 minutes, or 1 hour? The way it is now you have no idea how long the wait will be depending on what time it is, and it can be up to 2 hours. Either way, why do the admins ask me to wait to play? What's the point?

If the server truly can handle as many logins as it has to at once, this is a completely arbitrary and unnecessary system. The ONLY reason for it's use is to TRY* to force donations, which I'll say again, is a very shady thing to do.
    the server can only handle so many people logged in at once. the softcap for that right now is 12k(i have no idea what the hardcap is). donors can log in and increase the population beyond 12000, but in all likelyhood it never goes above 12.1k/12.2k due to people logging out as we log in. the long wait times come down to the fact that when a premium logs in and puts the population to say 12,001, and you were in que position 1, you now have to wait for 2 people to log out, rather than 1. so now imagine 100 premium users log in at once. you could be sitting at position 1 in que for quite some time.

now before someone says the 12000 is fake and yada yada. it still works on the same principle. for arguements sake lets say the real max the server can handle is 5000. premiums would still make that go to 5100/5200 etc as we log in, meaning non premium would have that much longer of a wait time. which is what i believe causes the extremely long wait currently. i mean the servers been around for like 9 years. there's bound to a high number of premium accounts logging in and out at all times.

edit: i'm also not saying that the long wait times dont suck, i remember back when the realms had like a 3k/4k cap, waiting in que for hours, that's why i donated in the first place. it would be great if the server could support everyone being able to log in whenever and never seeing a que. but my understanding is that they currently have the best hardware available to them, and it just can't handle that kind of load.

THe only way to solve this that i see is spliting the realm and create some system to cross-realm raiding and pvp, but i dont think people would be to happy with this either
    Mercy has already said this won't happen. we use to have 2 realms before icecrown, they were merged into icecrown to bring everyone together when we got the new core.
    Edited: November 20, 2017

15. I understand why the queue is there if the server cannot handle all the logins at once. I'm just skeptical that that is the case, but what do I know. I can live with the queues.

HOWEVER, can anyone tell me why I've been waiting over an hour today, with only a queue of 150, even though the ETA at the start was about 20 minutes? My position in the queue has also increased a few times, which makes no sense.

Can the Position in Queue and ETA time at least be accurate, so I can plan my damn day around logging into Warmane..? -_-

Edit:
    Start of queue, position 150, ETA 20 minutes.
    Now, 1.5 hours later, position is 137, with an ETA of 400 minutes.

Yesterday I waited about 40 minutes with a queue of over 300. WTF??? O.o

PS: I just want to be clear that I'm not complaining about the queue itself. I'd just like some insight as to how it works, so I can try and plan my day accordingly... (Please don't ban me.. lol -_- )
    Edited: November 21, 2017

12 Last