1. The problem is that you cant test it on a dummy, and that is where math (values) and sims get in, to do the job.
    Especially if u have any form of RNG like DBW. This is also why 1 item, couple of gems, most of the time in game wont make almost any difference, and why a mathematically worse build can win over the better one, if the one gets Taunka and other gets Dwarf proc for example, or if one gets a lot of Soul Fragments fast from SM while other doesnt... However, going for bad builds and hoping for the best is not the most optimal way of playing the game.
    But i guess if u want to wast your time in game instead of asking here what to do, its your time anyway.

2. I didn't mean I'll test the gems on a dummy.... :/ And as for my build, instead of taking constant crap on it, in every single point, you could tell me what's wrong about it and I might tell you why I'm using it.

Edit: I already told you that the weird PvP/tank spec I use for soloing and farming achievs, where I'm constantly either in some older dungeon or outside, open for anyone to attack me. And instead of changing it again and again, I went for that whack talent build. I also use it to tank one daily rdf hc. Glyphs on it are from my actual tank build and I've decided they're fine for what the build is used.
    Edited: February 21, 2019

3. I never said anything about your gear, just about gems.
    I cant talk about your gear since you are not BiS and i dont know which items you have in your bags.

https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#jZM...zzbuIqo:bLpczm Here you go, this can work perfectly fine for those situations u described to be in.
    While the regular pvp spec works just as well: https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#jZG...zzbuIqo:bLpczm, since that extra armor wont help you survive if you lack gear.

4. Did a test for vicious strikes talent, naked char with 4,93% crit attacking the boss target dummy.

7/100 crits with talent,0/100 crits without talent.
    https://i.imgur.com/8AUqzqS.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/JynqqT5.jpg

5. My god, how did i not think of that...
    Awesome, thanks @MikeChen.

6. Well then, I guess I'm unlucky as **** on 90% of the cases...

7. I never said anything about your gear, just about gems.
    I cant talk about your gear since you are not BiS and i dont know which items you have in your bags.

https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#jZM...zzbuIqo:bLpczm Here you go, this can work perfectly fine for those situations u described to be in.
    While the regular pvp spec works just as well: https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#jZG...zzbuIqo:bLpczm, since that extra armor wont help you survive if you lack gear.
    I was talking about my normal, PvE dps talent build, or in this case on armory, my secondary specialization. You seemed to take a dump on it in every post so I asked what's wrong about that one. My whack spec is my whack spec; made it for myself to suit and fit my whack farming needs. So I'm sorry to say but I don't care what you think is wrong with it. I asked specifically about the PvE dps spec.
    Edited: February 22, 2019

8. @Diemtee
    I was mainly refering to the "whack" spec, as for the PvE one u said it urself, Dirge and Unholy Blight (or 1/3 Morbidity) would do a lot more DPS than 3/3 Morbidity. The difference is rather noticable from what i remember.

@angrylol
    I started rereading the old retail Unholy DK guide i linked here that is on these forums aswell "The king of anything" and look what i found:
    "It's important to note that as of patch 3.3.2, Glyph of Disease will no longer cause Pestilence to roll the AP value present when you applied diseases. Instead, whenever you case Pestilence to refresh them, diseases will look at your current value of AP (and then use that number until you cast Pestilence again). As such, one doesn't have to worry about lining up trinket procs at the start of the encounter. This makes GoD non-competitive for a single target, but still a must for a multiple target encounter."
    But i guess u dont understand what this means due to your previous post on which i really didnt know what nkr how to reply up untill now.

9. P.S.
    Applying dots separately defeats the point of GoD, tough you can do it with that devastating loss of 20% lower one of disease ticks and half of WP ticks. We are talking about something around 0.6% dps loss on paper here.
    I was referring to applying them near the start. So long as they're applied such that their tick timers are separate, they'll maintain those separate tick timers when refreshed through Glyph of Disease.

10. So what are you saying? You wait for procs at pull and only then apply diseases to get bigger snapshot? And then when you refresh with IT+PS diseases retain value from first apply - this doesn't "diseases will look at your current value of AP (and then use that number until you cast /Pestilence/ IT+PS again)" ??

That's what I said in previous posts, if pestilence retained values on diseases it would be OP. At no point I thought Pestilence retained values on diseases, wtf.

You keep thinking I'm saying that GoD gives some +% DMG somewhere in tooltip.. it doesn't. As if that's the only way to increase your output.

I was referring to applying them near the start. So long as they're applied such that their tick timers are separate, they'll maintain those separate tick timers when refreshed through Glyph of Disease.
    Mmm, idk man, sounds too good to be true, tough I never particularly looked.
    Edited: February 22, 2019

11. So final word: Not work. is this correct ? you have near ~5% crit from naked character + 6% from Vicious Strikes talent is near ~11% . If this is correct where to upvote for fix?

12. It means that its working properly.
    Boss target dummy has a -4.8% crit chance, so on the first attempt where he has 0/2 Vicious, he has 0% crit.

13. @Diemtee
    I was mainly refering to the "whack" spec, as for the PvE one u said it urself, Dirge and Unholy Blight (or 1/3 Morbidity) would do a lot more DPS than 3/3 Morbidity. The difference is rather noticable from what i remember.
    So what do you think about reaping then? Most of the guides and discussions include it in the 14/0/57 spec, while no one suggests it with frost offspec 0/17/54. I'm thinking of trying it, because I can and want to, so let's skip the part where you ask why I'd do that. :)

But since you said you tried it all, I'm wondering about your tests and / or opinion on the matter, if it could be included in the 0/17/54 spec, maybe something like this: ??
    https://rpgworld.altervista.org/335/...03150003123151

Btw, matching the yellow sockets, if it is an improvement, it's something I can't feel making a difference ingame. For example, talking from a point of DBS fight, my dps still depends too much on the DBW procs, from the dwarf crit proc and 16k to like 19k with a couple of lucky taunka strength procs. Gonna have to wait for DV hc...

14. http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=326654
    In this guide you can see the reason why going for Reaping is a waste of 3 talent points.
    After doing some of the in game checks, i can say that this guide, even tho it dates from retail times, works perfectly fine for Warmane uses aswell.

BCB is A LOT better than Reaping and is independent of rotation, meaning, poor rune usage wont reduce your dps, all you need is to auto attack. Reaping also renders its usefullness when you have to AoE, for example, you have 2 Death Runes and you have to DnD. The only option there is to be dropped for Reaping is Dirge and Unholy Blight, which is a DPS loss since you lose a lot from Death Coil DMG by doing that.

I can only say that if you really want to try it and make it work, you will end up wasting your time. Do as you please with this information.

As for sockets comment...
    If you are using that logic, why even bother with anything when u equip DBW?
    Yes, your dps is mainly dictated by that trinkets proc, but is that a reason to go for suboptimal gemming?

What you want to do is to get the most optimal build, itemisation and gemming is the only thing that does not get affected by RNG, and this is why you should do everything to make the most out of it.

15. Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean anything bad about matching yellow sockets. And about DBW, I know the guides say it's BiS for unholy DKs but I just can't get over the difference in DPS, depending on the procs. I'd replace it with heroic DV a long time ago if it wasn't for my inactivity. Now that I'm back to the game, hopefully the guild that I'm in is going to start doing togc25 more often.

First ... 5678 Last