1. Cross-realm heads up

So since there's never any updates about anything anywhere, i'm just gonna drop this here.
    Don't know if anyone cares, but here it is.

Malaco logged on and talked about how they're working on a crossrealm-solution for Blackrock.
    He also stated that 284 gear would become available on Blackrock.
    To me it seemed like it was already decided but that there was alot of work to be done for it to come into effect, and that this work was still to be done.

https://ibb.co/jHhoiR

2. Warriors are already overpowered, let's bring 284 gear. So hyped...

3. adding a bigger gear curve on an ARENA -TOURNAMENT- realm is a terrible idea.

Im all for cross realm, especially if I could play ranked arena with my icecrown friends, but the gear issue is a big one.

Warriors are already overpowered and over-represented on blackrock, its a big problem.

4. if this is the way to implement it then it will ruin it...

5. This is not what need Blacrock (and what community asked) , this is what warmane need to get money (again).
    The reason why Blackrock is dead right now and why many good players left are :
    1. Scripters/Hackers : you promised 1/2 people only for Blackrock realm to prevent hackers/scripters but you didn't. I got hackers in 2s personally and see many scripters/hackers on famous wow stream (Homerjay, Preg, Oddwaffle etc.). You must resolve this problem.
    2. 3.3.5b Back : Idk why you removed that (you did all alone while all of us want that back), many classes are viable on 3.3.5b patch and some nerfed. That was a good balance and fun for pvpers.
    3. Gear : 2 flush x week in a pvp server where all cost arena points is simple ******ed, people just play 20 games weekly (like 1 hour of playing) and then go offline, also bgs are totally useless. Just put off-sets and trinkets with honor (to incentivate bgs) and weapons/main sets with arena points.
    4. The drama of soloq : soloq is pretty terrible atm, no more fun. Get again MCH and leave double melee, double casters etc. cause it's pretty boring 80% of time meet TSG/War-Ret/Dk-Ret in soloq.

Blackrock players are now 80% casual players or people that try a class for icecrown realm, no more interest to play here right now.
    You add 284 bis + mourne gear only to bring people to donate for that (let's be honest) but new people are no motivate to play in a server where all people are full gear and oneshot you (look the biggest russian server, they are all full and pvp is so fuking unbalanced, Blackrock will be the same).
    So malaco instead of do this changes that could be fun but that ruin the realm AGAIN please listen the BC community and stop do things that no one asked for

6. If cross realm Arena gets implemented all Wotlk realms need to be in one server pool.
    Everything else would make a cross realm development pointless.

What I'm concerned of is that there wont be a item level restriction for Arena.
    Think of Lordaeron players getting smashed by BiS geared Smourne donators from Icecrown.
    Also, no item level restrictions will kill certain specs such as Enh shami, bm hunter or boomkin while other specs such as Arms Warr become even more overpowered.

Imo the better solution would be to scale all items down to ilvl 264 in arena.
    It would still be possible to enter the Arena with Smourne but the weapon would lose like 30% of its value and be equal to a wrathful twohand.
    Edited: November 20, 2017

7. If cross realm Arena gets implemented all Wotlk realms need to be in one server pool.
    Everything else would make a cross realm development pointless.

What I'm concerned of is that there wont be a item level restriction for Arena.
    Think of Lordaeron players getting smashed by BiS geared Smourne donators from Icecrown.
    Also, no item level restrictions will kill certain specs such as Enh shami, bm hunter or boomkin while other specs such as Arms Warr become even more overpowered.

Imo the better solution would be to scale all items down to ilvl 264 in arena.
    It would still be possible to enter the Arena with Smourne but the weapon would lose like 30% of its value and be equal to a wrathful twohand.
    Then what would be the reason to get (via donation or pve) Shadowmourne and the rest of BiS gear if once people get in arena, will be lower in the same way as people who just do soloq to obtain their gear? (Dont want argue, thats just the first point that comes in my mind) You forget that WoW itself isnt a "balanced game", is a game where if X guy got that "OP ITEM" he deserve to deal the dmg (and then get beated by anyone that got decent experience)

Personally i've always tought that crossrealm would nice for everyone in a merge between icecrown/lord and blackrock, for the simple fact that "an imbalance ladder is still better then a dead one"

Altho on the other side, we need to keep in mind that we would see probably all and i say all PvPers go to Blackrock, just to easly (compared to Icecrown, in terms of PvE items and so on) gear up tons of alts, and be able to snipe/counter and so on. I would personally simply make Blackrock as long time ago with every weapon allowed (with ofc rating/arena points restrictions in equals to kill LK25hc,and win the drop, if you got my point) except for Shadowmournw wich would be only able on Icecrown/Lordaeron.

If we have already tons of Pala/War (including myself) who are around whole ladder, on whole realm, i cant image how it will be when everyone could be able to gear up and get smourne/bis pve gear in Blackrock just by doing arena, while on Icecrown "at least" people have to do a long chain quest or donate 100+euro.

Personally, if they make this thing happen, im scared about the snipe/counter or low mmr BiS alts fest.....

I hope you got my point, would like listen your opinions also (if i sounded rude, sorry wasnt my intention, lack of english)

Would rather maybe allow the accounts with chars older then X time, or with gameplay more then X time, be able to transfer their chars over Icecrown. (Just my 2cents)

(look the biggest russian server, they are all full and pvp is so fuking unbalanced, Blackrock will be the same).
    Wondering how you call it unbalanced when if you check their ladders, they look exactly the same as Icecrown & Blackrock, mind explain that? But on the other side, there ar 2.7k rated in 3s and 3k in 2s.

8. Then what would be the reason to get (via donation or pve) Shadowmourne and the rest of BiS gear if once people get in arena, will be lower in the same way as people who just do soloq to obtain their gear?
    Smourne and other high level items would be only scaled down in Arena while they remain unchanged in all other content such as world pvp, BGs and raids.
    When I inspect the majority of BiS geared pvpers on Icecrown they don't even have a arena team. So I guess it wouldn't be a big deal when their gear get scaled down in arena.
    Personally i've always tought that crossrealm would nice for everyone in a merge between icecrown/lord and blackrock, for the simple fact that "an imbalance ladder is still better then a dead one"
    I absolutely agree. I think that especially Blackrock and Lordaeron will benefit from cross realm arena and no realm should be excluded from this.
    On the other hand I think that a balanced and active ladder is even better than a active but unbalanced ladder.

9. Smourne and other high level items would be only scaled down in Arena while they remain unchanged in all other content such as world pvp, BGs and raids.
    You dont have to look it in that way, several players have donated and done raids exactly for be able to use these items in arena, altho (including myself) iwouldnt even bothered in waste time over join some hardcore raid and so on. Also, would like to try to understand how you would "lower" the trinkets procs.
    Also noone force them to do arena right now, but several of them are MAYBE training in blackrock before go in arena, others dont play anymore arena till maybe a new partner and so on.

Personally i always considered that if someone wants to "join something" (cause let's be realistic, Blackrock is willing to crossrealm more then the other realms) they need to adapt, not asking for whatever thing they might think is necessary to allow them to compete.

And it would just destroy the "point" of WOTLK expansion just because we're tryng to make people from "i80 and free starter gear" to play together with someone who :
    - Donated a good amount of money (Smourne and BiS items let's consider)
    - Who farmed weekly if not monthly to be able to obtain the end game gear necessary to "seems like stronger in arena" (talking @low rated games)

We cant avoid the fact that the 284/smourne items were,are and will be a factor in a server 3.3.5a that have PvE and PvP content.

Personally i think that a nerf inside arena just to compensate and make it closer for Blackrock players isnt actually the best (especially as Icecrown is the highest donation machine ;)
    I absolutely agree. I think that especially Blackrock and Lordaeron will benefit from cross realm arena and no realm should be excluded from this.
    On the other hand I think that a balanced and active ladder is even better than a active but unbalanced ladder.

Depends what you mean for balanced/unbalanced.

Is it balanced to have a snipe/counter fest 24/7?
    Will the nerf you're talking about lower the amount of War/Palas? No, just look at Blackrock.
    Will the nerf gonna lower the amount of other classic op comps? No.
    The low players will be always stomped by Pala/Warr or Dlock/Ele or Spriest/Fmage no matter what and what meta game.
    The high rated players wont have issues about Smourne and 284, as even me (quite decent Warr, nothing special) menage so many times to beat smourne mirrors , or any Smourne Comp itself...

I've always feel that this battle to bring balance is just a community battle towards Pala/Wars.

:)

10. Personally i always considered that if someone wants to "join something" (cause let's be realistic, Blackrock is willing to crossrealm more then the other realms) they need to adapt, not asking for whatever thing they might think is necessary to allow them to compete.
    Where have you seen people asking for cross-realm arenas between Blackrock and Icecrown ? The vast majority of Blackrock players play there to not have to deal with the 284 ilvl and SM bs you have on Icecrown. It's just a mercantile move by Warmane to make people pay for their SM on Blackrock too.

11. Where have you seen people asking for cross-realm arenas between Blackrock and Icecrown ? The vast majority of Blackrock players play there to not have to deal with the 284 ilvl and SM bs you have on Icecrown. It's just a mercantile move by Warmane to make people pay for their SM on Blackrock too.
    maybe you're not that much into the realm discussions, cause there are/were tons of QQ of Blackrock players in terms of "low arena activity" and low popultion, so this "crossrealm" decision/idea is based on that mostly like. Same goes for Lordaeron.
    http://armory.warmane.com/ladder/3v3/Blackrock is just an example of what im talking about , a "pure pvp" designed realm have less 3s ques then Icecrown, less population (that means less interest of join that realm nowdays)
    Same goes for 2.
    And Blackrock even have a way better MMR compared to Icecrown that allows to get higher rates fasters...

A really good move would to make MAYBE only 3s or soloq Crossrealm, in order to not merge all these metagames and do mistakes during it (cause u know, you change X , Y will be the problem, you change Y , Z will become the problem)

Blackrock will never be a donation realm, or at least not even close to Icecrown, probably whoever will donate for Shadowmourne on Blackrock will just be the top tryhards on the servers, altho i rather understand better allow donation on blackrock for smourne (higher price then Icecrown, for obvious reasons) then see all gear on Icecrown being nerfed just to be as closer as possible to Blackrock wannabe standards.

OR, it will be like a well known realm, that on the I80 the Shadowmourne is like 20euro, and everyone will just join Blackrock to donate and do arena with it...

12. maybe you're not that much into the realm discussions, cause there are/were tons of QQ of Blackrock players in terms of "low arena activity" and low popultion, so this "crossrealm" decision/idea is based on that mostly like. Same goes for Lordaeron.
    http://armory.warmane.com/ladder/3v3/Blackrock is just an example of what im talking about , a "pure pvp" designed realm have less 3s ques then Icecrown, less population (that means less interest of join that realm nowdays)
    Same goes for 2.
    And Blackrock even have a way better MMR compared to Icecrown that allows to get higher rates fasters...

A really good move would to make MAYBE only 3s or soloq Crossrealm, in order to not merge all these metagames and do mistakes during it (cause u know, you change X , Y will be the problem, you change Y , Z will become the problem)

Blackrock will never be a donation realm, or at least not even close to Icecrown, probably whoever will donate for Shadowmourne on Blackrock will just be the top tryhards on the servers, altho i rather understand better allow donation on blackrock for smourne (higher price then Icecrown, for obvious reasons) then see all gear on Icecrown being nerfed just to be as closer as possible to Blackrock wannabe standards.

OR, it will be like a well known realm, that on the I80 the Shadowmourne is like 20euro, and everyone will just join Blackrock to donate and do arena with it...
    The 3s ladder is dead on Blackrock because of Soloq (or there is soloq because 3s was dead). Soloq is just easier to pick up, and less restrictive, you don't have to rely on the presence of team mates, you can just play whenever you want.
    It's normal that Icecrown has more activity in this ladder considering the difference of population (ice has more than 20 times the pop of Blackrock) and a large part of it do pvp (what's the point of pve on Icecrown ?).
    I think they will prolly put the same tariffs on Blackrock than those on Icecrown, and will upgrade the gear accessible from 264 to 277/284. That will only deteriorate the quality of the server.

13. The 3s ladder is dead on Blackrock because of Soloq (or there is soloq because 3s was dead). Soloq is just easier to pick up, and less restrictive, you don't have to rely on the presence of team mates, you can just play whenever you want.
    It's normal that Icecrown has more activity in this ladder considering the difference of population (ice has more than 20 times the pop of Blackrock) and a large part of it do pvp (what's the point of pve on Icecrown ?).
    I think they will prolly put the same tariffs on Blackrock than those on Icecrown, and will upgrade the gear accessible from 264 to 277/284. That will only deteriorate the quality of the server.
    Actually is not normal, stating :
    When I inspect the majority of BiS geared pvpers on Icecrown they don't even have a arena team. So I guess it wouldn't be a big deal when their gear get scaled down in arena.
    The point is that Icecrown isnt supposed to be higher populated in terms of PvP, and wasnt before back when AT was the real ****.
    The problem is that be a "PvP pure server" doesnt always means have balance & nerfs everywhere in my opinion, is more about have the ambience of WOTLK pvp.

That will only deteriorate the quality of the server.
    How that could deteriorate the quality of the server, if the server is at his lowest quality ever?
    Also, as you call out Warmane move as "mercantile one", they will never allow people to "avoid" pay or lower the % to pay for be level 80, gear and professions....Cause if you allow the pvpers to simply go in the "new" blackrock, donate for smourne, start at i80 with relentless gear, skill up professions via arena and obtain the "BiS 284" items with ratings, they will have even less donations then before, as any half-brained guy will probably donate (if willing to do) for Shadowmourne, and nothing else, while mostly PvP players in Icecrown had to: Donate for Shadowmourne, prolly donate for offsets also, maybe even donate for professions cause lack of golds ingame (or donated for golds XD).

I hope you gor my point.

14. they ruined the best pvp server ever to exist.. for money
    welcome to reality guys :)

15. Crossrealm for blackrock? Lol wth is point of making a pvp character on icecrown then. But yeah plenty of "top" players are full on scriptors, basically bots.
    Edited: November 21, 2017

123 Last