1. im also planning to get vaalnyr myself for my new gearing pala

2. Wiki is not a 100% reliable source. Things can be outdated, explained insufficiently, etc.
    Instead, for this specific case, refer to one of the many quotations/citation of explanations by Blizzard developers themselves. And in this specific case, Ghostcrawler who was the lead developer for World of Warcraft at the time.
    http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=94042
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    However the shield is based on the size of the heal itself, not the amount healed – i.e. 100% overhealing will not proc the Blessing on the healer, but the shield itself includes overhealing once the Blessing is active. The shield can grow to a maximum size of 20,000 damage absorbed.
    This quote from the link you provided explicitly says the opposite of what you're implying. That the size of the shield is affected by overhealing. He says the buff itself cannot be procced by casts which are 100% overheals, but that overheals do contribute to shields. He further includes an example that discusses this very situation, HPala overhealing:

Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Example 1: A paladin casts Holy Light for 10K on the tank, which partially heals her. The Blessing procs, so the paladin’s Holy Light immediately causes a shield on the tank which will now absorb 1500 damage. The tank dodges the next two hits, so no damage is absorbed. The paladin then casts another heal for 8K, but only heals the tank for 600 before she is at full health. The shield is now at 2700 damage absorbed (1500 + 1200) for 8 sec.
    I don't play HPala or any healer for that matter, so this isn't relevant to me, but I am curious as to how you're interpreting this differently than I am.

EDIT: And I'd do well to read the rest of a thread before replying. This seems to have already been fixed, according to screenshots posted.
    Edited: January 8, 2018

3. I wasn't implying anything of the sort. I was redirecting the OP to more reliable information on the subject and suggesting they move away from the wiki. If you took more from it than that, then I don't know what to tell you.

Anyways, please don't necro post old and dead threads. Thank you.

First 12