1. New WotLK player

Hey guys!
    Im 22 years old andwilling to join you in your WotLK adventures! I've chosen this expansion because I saw that a lot of people consider it as the best expansion ever so I thought about giving it a try. About my WoW career : I only played vanilla since 2 years, never played on retail. I thought about joining the lordaeron server because the population here suits me better than the other server with 12k , I mean, I like when there are people to play with, but not that much, Im aware of the Lordaeron population and I think it is very good. And Im more a PvE player so I guess I have less chance to be ganked there too lol.

I went to the Lordaeron's topic and in the information, I saw this : "Realm name: Lordaeron (Public Test Realm)" What does that mean exactly ? Why is it a test server ? / What for ?

Anyway I hope I will have great fun here, cya ingame !

2. I went to the Lordaeron's topic and in the information, I saw this : "Realm name: Lordaeron (Public Test Realm)" What does that mean exactly ? Why is it a test server ? / What for ?
    do not worry and ignore it. It is the old name during beta test