1. New to server - Some questions

Switching over to Icecrown from Outland (sick of inactivity on Outland).

I have a couple of questions: How is the faction balance? Is it pretty easy to find or start a group for instances (rolling a tank)?

I'm not a hardcore player. Just looking for a place to login and do some quick dungeons and some casual raiding.

Thanks

2. If you roll a tank. RDF is almost always instant, doesn't matter which faction. Once you are at 3k gs, 4k gs, you'll be able to find pos/fos easily for nm, and gear up quick for rdf hc, and eventually pos/fos hc, etc... Dps a little harder, and heal about the same as tank. Raids later on for pugs are not always fun, but if you find a raid guild, you'll have fun. Alt runs are not hard to get into, but aren't as successful.

Honestly, either faction is fine. Horde probably has an edge in PVE, and alliance should have an edge in PVP, but wintergrasp is usually pretty balanced.

Just play what you want, the population is huge.

3. Thanks! I'm trying to decide on either prot pally or prot warr. I remember pally being great in WOTLK back in the day. Also, i'm going to play alliance.

4. Thanks! I'm trying to decide on either prot pally or prot warr. I remember pally being great in WOTLK back in the day. Also, i'm going to play alliance.
    You either roll a Prot Paladin or Bear, imo these 2 are the best tank for ICC heroic content

Not to mention, should you feel bored about tanking you can switch to dps, or healer for these 2 classes.

5. Thanks! Going to roll prot paladin. How are elemental shamans on this server?

6. IMO, elemental shamans are mediocre on pve, since their raid buff (totem of wrath, spellpower and crit strike) are also provided by demo locks (demonic pact', sp) and ret Paladin (heart of the crusader, crit)

As a result, you will seldomly see elemental shamans on a 25 man raid. Why bring an Ele shaman, when you can bring a Mage, spriest, lock? ( who can do more dps, offhealing as an spriest)

On PVP, I have no idea but I see them mostly on BG and WG.
    Edited: November 26, 2017