1. [WOTLK] Why does everyone play Paladin?

I've never tried playing Paladin before however I see that /everyone/ is either one or a DK, or a Warrior. I want to know what's so damn special about being a Paladin! I'd like to give it a go for sure on Lordaeron which I play at, but I want to know if it's worth it.

2. Same reason there are tons of Druids. Paladins can do everything, and most importantly, they can do everything really well.

It's not all that disproportionate compared to the other classes when you look at how many roles they generally fill, especially in PVE.

3. i guess people just love a full plate guy with a sword

4. Cause the powers of light are super fun... Animations and everything... Paladins for life!

5. As mentioned they can do every role, and be VERY good at it, whats not to like?

You're a full plate warrior doing light magic vs the evil doer-s undead, or if you don't enjoy the fantasy stuff, you're a dude in full plate either not dying, being a god healing everything, or faceroll on the keyboard and suddenly everyone in the bg is dead, including ur allies.

Easy to play, and far too good at all roles are the main reasons, literally best tanks in the game, due to a certain talent.... (doesn't mean the rest are BAD, far from it, just that paladins are...easier)

6. I see that /everyone/ is either one or a DK, or a Warrior
    Do you know what "Shadowmourne" is?
    Apart from that, paladins are popular because they can fill 3/4 roles in the game - MDPS, tank, healer - and they're stupidly easy to play and be average at. They're the top tank healers on WotLK, above-average tanks, and above-average DPSers - all that with no more than 4 buttons in 90% of the cases.

7. Because paladins just go super saiyan and 1 shot clothies. Not to mention they have all those arbitrary get out of death cards

8. If something is easy and strong, then everyone will play it. It's like that in all games of all genres. WoW is no different.

I mean, just look at the amount of rogues and warlocks on vanilla (2 times more than some other classes). Why do you think it was like that...?

9. NOW my question is, should I give it a go? Considering all of you speak so highly about being a Paladin, and I'm also a fairly new WoW player (I started playing here and WoW for the first time, roughly just under a year ago) and I'm wondering if it's recommended that I give it a go?

I've spoke to some players and they've said "Yeah, definitely give Paladin a go considering we're in WOTLK." and also some say "Nah there's no point, there' just too many."

10. Well you just answered your own question.

If you want something easy to play that has many viable builds/specs, Paladin is one of the best classes to play. If you want to get into raids easily, Paladin is one of the worst.

Side-note, but if you are new and you want to play a class that is easy to gear, play Holy Paladin. No question it is the easiest class to gear for high level raids. You can use gear from any other class (clothies/resto druids/shamans) as well as having the most BoE gear available for cheap on the AH.