1. Constant crashing on Azuremyst

I've found a few spots on Azuremyst that will reliably crash me - I got lucky the first time and something murdered my hapless spacegoat while I was loading back in, so I wound up back at the graveyard, but I crash the moment I get to that spot. One's near the 'pod cluster' area on Azuremyst, one is just outside of admiral not-Odysseus's camp, a little northwest of the entrance.

I've already unstuck myself using the support section of the site, mostly just worried about walking into another instacrash spot. Things I've tried:
    Removing WOD models (via removing a couple of the .mpq files as per another thread on a similar topic)
    Running as an administrator
    Compatibility mode (WinXP) on WoW.exe
    Setting large address awareness on WoW.exe
    Downloading the non-WOD model client from an alternate (google drive) location provided on the forum
    Haven't removed any addons because I'm not running any (outside the default Blizzard stuff that's already in the package)

No change whatsoever from any of the above steps, individually or as a whole. I doubt it's actually related to running out of memory - will check how much wow.exe is actually using next time, but it happens literally the second my character loads into the world, and I'm on Azureyst isle, so it's not like it's a particularly memory-intensive area. Not ruling it out until I watch the process memory usage while the crash happens, but it seems unlikely.

Has anyone run into anything similar to this? I can post the crash log later on (currently at work) as well.

2. I have the same issue and am unsure how to resolve it. The area I need to go to get my fire totem as a Shaman is a crash zone. I don't know how I am supposed to get my totem.