1. Enhancement Shaman PvP Guide

Hello guys, lately some people have been asking me a lot of different things about this specialization, so I decided to make a simple and understandable guide for it. Happy reading!

Table of Contents

1. Talents and glyphs
    2. Stats
    3. Gear
    4. Enchants and imbues
    5. Gems
    6. Rotation and totems
    7. Macros
    8. Addons
    9. Tips and tricks
    10. Beastcleave guide (Coming soon!)

1. Talents and glyphs

Most common build with 3/3 “Anticipation”, 2/5 “Toughness” and 5/5 “Reverberation”.
    https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#hVM...GzoRuio:NjfVcm
    This build is with less survivability, but more damage with 3/3 “Static Shock” and 4/5 “Reverberation”.
    https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#hVM...GzsRuio:NjfVcm

“Lightning Shield” build by Forshizzlex. Without “Anticipation”, “Lava Lash” and “Reverberation”, with 3/3 “Improved Shields” 5/5 “Elemental Fury”. If you use this build, then keep in mind that you might have to enchant your off-hand weapon with “Titanium Weapon Chain” since you don’t have “Anticipation”. Also, this build has a different 3rd glyph – “Glyph of Lightning Shield”.
    https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#hVM...GzsMuio:NjdVcm

F.Y.I you can use “Glyph of Windfury” or “Glyph of Shocking” instead of “Glyph of Stormstrike”, it’s just my personal preference, but the first two glyphs are foundation.

2. Stats

First of all, make sure you have these stats capped before anything, because you don't want to miss your spells.
    Hit Rating: 4-5% or a bit more
    Spell Penetration: 60-130 [Personal preference]

After that you should prefer following stats:
    Attack Power (For more powerful auto attacks and "Feral Spirit" if glyphed)
    Critical Strike Rating (Who doesn't like crits?)
    Haste (For quicker auto attacks/spell casting, so there's a chance that "Windfury Weapon" will proc more often, also for getting stacks of "Maelstrom Weapon" sooner, quicker purging, reduction of GCD.
    Armor Penetration (It's pretty decent against plate classes)

These are my stats at the moment if someone is wondering:
    Attack Power: 5651
    Hit Rating: 181 (5.52%)
    Spell Penetration: 98
    Critical Strike Rating: 41.49%
    Haste Rating: 171 (5.22%)
    Resilience: 1254 (1375 with shield)
    Armor Penetration: 163 (11.65%)

3. Gear

Head: Wrathful Gladiator's Linked Helm

Neck:
    Wrathful Gladiator's Pendant of Victory
    Wrathful Gladiator's Pendant of Triumph (If hit rating is capped)
    Precious's Putrid Collar

Shoulders:
    Wrathful Gladiator's Linked Spaulders
    Relentless Gladiator's Linked Spaulers
    Titan-Forged Shoulders of Triumph (If hit rating is not capped)
    Dual-Bladed Pauldrons

Cloak:
    Wrathful Gladiator's Cloak of Victory
    Wrathful Gladiator's Cloak of Triumph (if hit rating is capped)
    Shadowvault Slayer's Cloak (if hit rating is capped)

Chest:
    Wrathful Gladiator's Linked Armor

Wrist:
    Wrathful Gladiator's Wristguards of Triumph

Hands:
    Wrathful Gladiator's Linked Gauntlets

Waist:
    Wrathful Gladiator's Waistguard of Triumph

Legs:
    Wrathful Gladiator's Linked Leggings

Feet:
    Wrathful Gladiator's Sabatons of Triumph

Ring #1:
    Ashen Band of Endless Vengeance

Ring #2:
    Wrathful Gladiator's Band of Triumph
    Band of the Bone Colossus
    Signet of Twilight

Trinket #1:
    Medallion of the Alliance

Trinket #2:
    Sharpened Twilight Scale
    Deathbringer's Will
    Whispering Fanged Skull
    Death's Verdict
    Herkuml War Token
    Battlemaster's Rage
    Comet's Trail

Relic:
    Totem of the Avalanche

Main Hand weapon:
    Havoc's Call, Blade of Lordaeron Kings
    Wrathful Gladiator's Handaxe
    Wrathful Gladiator's Cleaver

Off-Hand weapon:
    Havoc's Call, Blade of Lordaeron Kings
    Wrathful Gladiator's Splitter
    Wrathful Gladiator's Chopper

4. Enchants and imbues

Head:
    +50 attack power and +20 resilience rating

Shoulders:
    +40 attack power and +15 resilience rating

Cloak:
    +35 spell penetration

Chest:
    +20 resilience rating
    +10 to all stats (if your resilience is enough)

Wrist:
    +50 attack power

Hands:
    +44 attack power

Waist:
    +additional socket

Legs:
    +75 attack power and +22 critical strike rating
    +44 resilience rating and +28 stamina (if lacking resilience)

Feet:
    +32 attack power
    +15 stamina and minor movement speed increase

Main Hand weapon:
    +400 attack power proc

Off-Hand weapon:
    +400 attack power proc
    +250 spell haste proc
    +50% reduction of disarm effects and +28 hit rating (if you don't have points on “Anticipation” talent)

Speaking about weapons imbues, use "Windfury Weapon" on your main hand weapon and "Frostbrand Weapon" on your off-hand, because in arenas you're probably going to get kited a lot and "Frostbrand Weapon" slow is UNDISPELLABLE. You can use double "Windfury Weapon" in battlegrounds for some fun.

5. Gems

Red:
    ● +40 attack power
    ● +68 attack power (get 3 of them if you have 450 jewelcrafting)

Yellow:
    ● +20 attack power and +10 resilience rating
    ● +20 attack power and +10 haste rating (if your resilience is enough)
    ● +20 resilience rating (if you're lacking resilience)

Blue:
    ● +25 spell penetration
    ● +10 haste rating and +13 spell penetration

Prismatic:
    ● +10 to all stats (make sure you have it in one of the blue sockets)

Meta:
    ● +42 attack power and stun duration reduced by 10% (greatly stacks with orc racial)
    ● +21 agility and 3% increased critical strike damage

6. Rotation and totems

1. Drop your totems within 30 yards from you
    2. Feral Spirit
    3. Stormstrike
    4. Shock
    5. Lava Lash (You can use it as 3rd ability instead of shock and vice versa, if you want to get "Windfury Weapon" proc sooner.
    6. Lightning Bolt if you have 4-5 stacks of "Maelstrom Weapon"
    7. If everything is on cooldown, use "Purge" or either "Fire Nova"

What main totems I should use against certain arena compositions? Let's find out!

1. Use Tremor Totem versus every composition that has a class with fear ability (warrior, warlock, priest) and make sure to replace it if it gets destroyed.
    2. Use Strength of Earth Totem, Stoneskin Totem or Earthbind Totem versus every composition that doesn't have a class with fear ability.
    3. Use Flametongue Totem as your main fire totem. Don't use Magma Totem or Searing Totem because it can break your CC, unless you're left in 1v1.
    4. Use Cleansing Totem versus every composition that has a rogue, shadow priest (sometimes you can use it even if it's discipline priest), hunter, death knight, feral druid.
    5. Use Windfury Totem as your main air totem.

7. Macros

"Stormstrike + start attack"
    #showtooltip Stormstrike
    /cast stormstrike
    /startattack

"Frost Shock focus"
    #showtooltip Frost Shock
    /cast [target=focus] Frost Shock

#showtooltip Frost Shock
    /cast [nomod, @target] Frost Shock; [mod:Control, @focus] Frost Shock

"Lava Lash + start attack"
    #showtooltip Lava Lash
    /startattack
    /cast lava lash

"Feral Spirit + pet attack"
    #showtooltip Feral Spirit
    /cast Feral Spirit
    /petattack

"Spirit Walk"
    #showtooltip Spirit Walk
    /cast Spirit Walk

"Bash"
    #showtooltip Bash
    /cast Bash

"Wind Shear focus"
    #showtooltip Wind Shear
    /stopcasting
    /cast [target=focus] Wind Shear

#showtooltip Wind Shear
    /stopcasting
    /cast [nomod, @target] Wind Shear; [mod:shift, @focus] Wind Shear

"Wind Shear arena 1-3"
    #showtooltip Wind Shear
    /stopcasting
    /cast [target=arena1-3] Wind Shear

"Hex focus"
    #showtooltip Hex
    /cast [target=focus] Hex

#showtooltip Hex
    /cast [nomod, @target] Hex; [mod:shift, @focus] Hex

"Hex arena 1-3"
    #showtooltip Hex
    /cast [target=arena1-3] Hex

"Purge focus"
    #showtooltip Purge
    /cast [target=focus] Purge

#showtooltip Purge
    /cast [nomod, @target] Purge; [mod:shift, @focus] Purge

"Healing Wave on a party member"
    #showtooltip Healing Wave
    /cast [target=party1-3] Healing Wave

"Gift of the Naaru on a party member without targetting"
    #showtooltip Gift of the Naaru
    /cast Gift of the Naaru; [mod:shift, @party1] Gift of the Naaru

"Equip shield"
    #showtooltip Wrathful Gladiator's Shield Wall
    /equipslot 16 Wrathful Gladiator's Cleaver
    /equipslot 17 Wrathful Gladiator's Shield Wall

"Equip weapons"
    #showtooltip Wrathful Gladiator's Cleaver
    /equipslot 16 Wrathful Gladiator's Cleaver
    /equipslot 17 Wrathful Gladiator's Chopper

"Target party members"
    /target party1-2

"Target arena enemies"
    /target arena1-3

8. Addons

For keeping track of your "Maelstrom Weapon" stacks and shields etc. You can also use "PowerAuras" instead of this, but I prefer this one.
    ShockAndAwe

For easier targeting and focusing in arenas.
    Gladius

To know when a certain ability comes off cooldown.
    DoomCooldownPulse

Replaces "Blizzard" cooldown timers.
    OmniCC

9. Tips and tricks

1. You can use "Stormstrike", "Lava Lash" and totems while silenced.
    2. You can use "Shamanistic Rage" while stunned, also use it when you know you're going to get bursted, not in the last seconds, for example a shadow priest and rogue opens on you.
    3. Use "Grounding Totem" to avoid CC like "Polymorph", "Hex", "Cyclone", "Freezing Trap", "Repentance", "Hammer of Justice". Also use it when you're low HP to absorb any harmful spell. It may save your life.
    4. Use "Water Walking" to buff yourself and your partners, it will be a bit harder for your enemies to dispel beneficial buffs from you, or just use it to get into a combat.
    5. Try to fake your spells to avoid interrupts/reflects.
    6. Equip shield versus certain classes and arena compositions to boost up your survivability.
    7. Don't always wait for 5 stacks of "Maelstrom Weapon" to cast a spell.
    8. Use "Earthbind Totem" to remove slow effects, even works for "Hamstring".
    9. If druid tries to "Cyclone" you and you don't have anything to avoid it, then you can cast "Hex" on him.
    Edited: December 30, 2018

2. Use Flametongue Totem as your main fire totem.
    Why this totem? Realy why this one? Fire elemental is 1000% better, frost resist totem agains frost spells is better,magma aginst rougues druids warriors is better searing totem is good in kite situations enha dont have main totems all they have to use in differnet situations btw never saw that magma our searing totem break hex. And where is guide ? U make guide for pvp without telling how to pvp wich this class its just small tips not guide and how i will kill someone if every other class have better damage better survive ability better controll where is any tips for this? Just brainless use this for aviod this its dont work and never will work.
    I even not talk about gear what u show in guide,most enhas what i saw have 2-5k gs they all for sure have in bank full wrath sets.(here i try to focus on that is big differnts in pvp wich 0 resilince and close to 0 attackpower and 1400 resilince and 5k attackpower, pvp not starting at bis gear its proces from 1-80 lvl from 0gs to 6300gs)
    pls tell us what and why and how and where? meaby we get more experience if u have it to give.

3. 1. Totem usage mostly is arena related, if you didn't read carefully. "Flametongue Totem" is obviously the best one to use. You can't use "Fire Elemental Totem" in arenas, only in duels and battlegrounds. Of course you should use a "Magma Totem" or "Searing Totem" in duels versus warriors, rogues, feral druids. "Magma Totem" and "Searing Totem" can break CC like "Hex", "Freezing Arrow", "Freezing Trap", "Polymorph", "Blind", "Repentance".
    2. It's a BiS gear list with some alternatives and it's what people should aim for.
    Edited: November 30, 2017

4. this post name Enhancement Shaman PvP Guide so ppl when click here wanna see PVP guide not useless bis items list
    your own words ( Don't use Magma Totem or Searing Totem because it can break your CC ) can brace your CC u have Hex and Bash. Our its not your text?

Please give me proof about hex breaking by magma our searing totem never saw this
    Edited: December 1, 2017

5. decent information for a beginner enhancement shaman, although there are some really stupid points, like spending 3 talent points in to anticipation instead of just slamming titan plating on your secondary shield for the disarm reduction, also never enchant your weapons with anything except berserking or in some cases executioner

6. Thank you. As I've seen that most of the enhancement shamans just goes with 3/3 "Anticipation". I've done some research on some very best enhancement shamans (including you) and their talent trees are different from each other. Conclusion - in the end it just comes down to preference and you just cannot say that it's stupid to put points on A or B talent.

7. I think the stat section needs some further explanations.
    There is no simple stat priority like crit>haste>arp.
    In fact all these secondary stats have their specific role and usually its better to balance them than aiming only for one of those.

Haste makes u able to spam purge faster and to build up mealstorm stacks faster.
    Arp is most needed for 2s when facing plate opponents.
    Imo more Arp is required when playing Enh+healer in 2s while crit/haste is better when playing beastcleave.

8. Totem of the Avalanche isnt that good totem
    I will say its one of worst totems for pvp every miss/dodge/parry/out of range coz need kite, and go make stacks again [Totem of Quaking Earth] much better and i thing its bis for pvp

9. Totem of the Avalanche isnt that good totem
    I will say its one of worst totems for pvp every miss/dodge/parry/out of range coz need kite, and go make stacks again [Totem of Quaking Earth] much better and i thing its bis for pvp
    Best totem for pvp and pve is almost always Bizuri's Totem of Shattered Ice, provides 220 haste which helps you reach the purge and shock breakpoint without glyphing it, also provides more dps and helps you get used to flameshocking for optimal dps (most enhancers slack on this in pvp).

10. Thank you. As I've seen that most of the enhancement shamans just goes with 3/3 "Anticipation". I've done some research on some very best enhancement shamans (including you) and their talent trees are different from each other. Conclusion - in the end it just comes down to preference and you just cannot say that it's stupid to put points on A or B talent.
    well i would say its stupid to spend three valuable points for just 50% disarm reduce and tiny bit of dodge, when infact enhancers don't get punished that much by being disarmed (we can still stormstrike, purge, shock,shear, hex etc), and the fact that you should have titan plating on your shield, and an experienced enhancer can predict most disarms anyhow and just swap quickly

11. Bizuri's Totem of Shattered Ice ? slack on this?? what ? all totem relicks wich staks isnt good in pvp coz u need time to get stacks and u easy loose them when got cc our missed skill our out of range our hiding in pillars our shok will be disspeled no one will dispell Totem of the Avalanche . Most fights starts wich frost shok so u need wait 1 shock cd to start getting stacks vs instant 400 ap.

12. Bizuri's Totem of Shattered Ice ? slack on this?? what ? all totem relicks wich staks isnt good in pvp coz u need time to get stacks and u easy loose them when got cc our missed skill our out of range our hiding in pillars our shok will be disspeled no one will dispell Totem of the Avalanche . Most fights starts wich frost shok so u need wait 1 shock cd to start getting stacks vs instant 400 ap.
    okay, you don't know what you're talking about, this stacks to max if like 5 seconds if you flameshock two targets, and the buff lasts for a while too, you seem to have zero knowledge .

13. nice 2 target on 2s arena wich flame shock nice nice means no mage no rougue no hunter as arena partner keep your flame shock up and play alone we dont need cc target just flame shock frost shoks sucks yep we dont need roots from it only spam 2 fire shoks. I know what about i talk its useless and if i see some say slacking by dps in pvp as enha i feel that someone did to much pve and dummy hiting, meaby u didnt saw how much plate useres in pvp in 2017 u still thing we need tons of haste against retaliation

oh i forgot about shadow mourne i see moure shadowmourns then enh shamans

220 HASTE IS OP SOLUTION AGAINST PLATE

14. nice 2 target on 2s arena wich flame shock nice nice means no mage no rougue no hunter as arena partner keep your flame shock up and play alone we dont need cc target just flame shock frost shoks sucks yep we dont need roots from it only spam 2 fire shoks. I know what about i talk its useless and if i see some say slacking by dps in pvp as enha i feel that someone did to much pve and dummy hiting, meaby u didnt saw how much plate useres in pvp in 2017 u still thing we need tons of haste against retaliation

oh i forgot about shadow mourne i see moure shadowmourns then enh shamans

220 HASTE IS OP SOLUTION AGAINST PLATE
    okay you're either trolling or you have no clue what so ever how to play this game.

15. what troling ?:DD que some bgs on icecrown and u will see % of shadowmourns and enh shamans and what clue about u talikng 220 haste will no save u meaby make u increse your dps on dummys not more
    i feel u just too much was hitting dummys and wach on dps
    Edited: December 9, 2017

12 Last