1. I left this server like 4 months ago, as it was already dead then so I don't really care what happens, but why would offering transfers (if not merging) be a bad thing? Since you are already playing in isolation I'm sure you wouldn't mind dredging on in even more isolation (aka 'when the going gets tough', which actually translates to 'people who act in a bubble, and blindly HODL to their in-game characters' current position) with your guild. And no, the developers wouldn't be 'working for free' (although they technically already do, since there are no subscriptions), they would not only get new potential income from players who have transferred and want to catch up, they would also preserve life on Outland, safeguarding their business.

Like you said, The only person that matters in this whole ordeal is you, right? :>
    So now merging Medivh into Outland is to save Outland, gotcha. :>

The only people the dropping population is a problem for, are the people who are not willing to work to get new people here, and help them while they're here. I personally assist with dungeon groups (both on a full T6-geared mage, a full T5-geared prot paladin and a highend T4 resto shaman) to help the groups struggling to find players. Yet the people who scream they want a solution, are the people who raidlog and say "they aren't motivated to do anything because there are no people on the server". Yeah no ****ing ****, when your login behaviors strongly reflect that you want everyone else to do the work, and you to get the merit, what the **** did you expect was going to happen?

2. So now merging Medivh into Outland is to save Outland, gotcha. :>

The only people the dropping population is a problem for, are the people who are not willing to work to get new people here, and help them while they're here. I personally assist with dungeon groups (both on a full T6-geared mage, a full T5-geared prot paladin and a highend T4 resto shaman) to help the groups struggling to find players. Yet the people who scream they want a solution, are the people who raidlog and say "they aren't motivated to do anything because there are no people on the server". Yeah no ****ing ****, when your login behaviors strongly reflect that you want everyone else to do the work, and you to get the merit, what the **** did you expect was going to happen?
    Did I say that merging Medivh into Outland was to save Outland? No, I didn't.
    I said that the influx of players would generate more revenue and growth on an already existing market (You know, as Medivh generates 0 - and is losing players, any players that transfer would be a net win in money earned and player growth). As such, there is a business case for the devs to offer the service. This was an argument towards your idea that the devs 'shouldn't work for free' - not an attempt to save Outland.

You seem to be obsessed with the notion of 'work' and that players should go out of their way to attract new players to play here. The fact that there is no organic growth in new players while losing a high amount of players is indicative that despite your best efforts, the server will lose players in the long run.

Complaining that people merely raidlog is ridiculous. Its OLD content, players have done it before, and since Medivh is 100% PVE-oriented, there is also little to do besides raiding. Everyone might not have several hours a day to play WoW, and asking them to be responsible for maintaining a stable population on a server by re-doing the same content for months on end to help new players just goes to show how you live in a bubble.
    Edited: December 29, 2017

3. and you chose to roll on an x1 server, this is what an x1 server looks like. Enjoy your stay, or start leveling manually elsewhere.
    This is what a Warmane 1x server looks like*. Remember nostrils? 14k+ on peak times. Warmane community is just not suited for 1x play, Lordaeron and Medivh both prove this. 1x and highrate xp servers attract very different types of players, and historically Warmane has always been highrate and has always had a cash shop. The community here consists of people who want highrates.

Well i thought its gonna work since gummy was basicly the same thing and it was so popular.
    But i totally learned a lesson yeah not wasting my time on any x1 server or level ever again, just gonna play pn excal with what i have.
    The problem isn't 1x, the problem is the Warmane community. There are plenty 1x projects that have been/are very populated and successful.

4. This is what a Warmane 1x server looks like*. Remember nostrils? 14k+ on peak times. Warmane community is just not suited for 1x play, Lordaeron and Medivh both prove this. 1x and highrate xp servers attract very different types of players, and historically Warmane has always been highrate and has always had a cash shop. The community here consists of people who want highrates.

The problem isn't 1x, the problem is the Warmane community. There are plenty 1x projects that have been/are very populated and successful.
    The problem is that you're trying to compare a hyped, deceased and martyred Vanilla server to TBC realms that were tailor-made for our own community. If they attract players, that's wonderful, but our own community are the ones who wanted TBC. This isn't even to mention the factor of this principle. When given the option, it's obvious what the majority will choose.

5. I think 5x Experience along with Population rate is what attracting players to Outland instead of Medivh.

And there's a good reason behind it.

I am sure many people are into leveling and they enjoy every bit of it. It's fine.

But others (including myself) want to get back to level 70 content. Why? Well, how much time do you spend leveling a character on 1x server? Not a year right? But people have been playing TBC for YEARS, what were they doing? Leveling? No, they were raiding to get a chance to loot their desired item(s).

If you look at it, leveling is a "temporary" phase of the game, but raiding / arena / pursuing a specific item set(s) is a permanent part of the game and even if there's nothing to pursue, the experience of being in raid is a great social experience itself and many people (including myself) miss that part and want to get back to it as soon as possible.

6. Because of the upcoming Gold Squish I looked how much money I will lose. Not that you could do anything with the gold on Medivh. I /who -ed on alliance and it responded with 31 characters online. While website says 107. It's more than x3 .. you can't play this game properly with this kind of numbers.. Not mentioning the false? informations on website..

7. The problem is that you're trying to compare a hyped, deceased and martyred Vanilla server to TBC realms that were tailor-made for our own community. If they attract players, that's wonderful, but our own community are the ones who wanted TBC. This isn't even to mention the factor of this principle. When given the option, it's obvious what the majority will choose.
    The problem isn't what the majority will choose right now.
    At the moment, we ALL would choose Outland cause Medivh is unplayable.

I was one on those 3k players who was playing Medivh. I was one of those players who prefered blizzlike and enjoyed like the most but I also was one of those players who migrate to Outland 1-2 months ago because Medivh was abandoned.

Your argument is that people left Medivh cause it was "too difficult" and that's not exactly true. We all left Medivh cause it was nearly impossible to raid and the PvP problem was discussed hundreds of times.

I'm not gonna repeat all the suggestions that comunity did and the reasons why Medivh died cause we all know why.

What people is asking at this server's statement is to save his progress. We asked to migrate to Outland to save months, hours of played time. I think we aren't asking for coins or something impossible, we just want to keep playing with people, with our characters. The characters
    that we played for months.

Regards

8. It'll be nice if Warmane staff makes a "one" time transfer possible BUT it also has its disadvantages.

By transferring one person from Medivh to Outland because of "less population" potentially means that the staff themselves are "further" reducing the population. Which also means that newcomers will naturally select Outland over Medivh even if they don't like 5x experience rates.

So from Medivh player's point of view, a character transfer sounds logical but from Staff's point of view not transferring also seems logical. It's one of those moments when both parties are thinking opposite but both are logical.

While a mutual solution is found, please feel free to make a character on Outland. YES starting fresh can be painful but I am sure it won't be as painful as playing in a less populated realm.

I also hope that Outland realm's hardware can handle higher population because it keeps increasing on a steady pace everyday.

9. It'll be nice if Warmane staff makes a "one" time transfer possible BUT it also has its disadvantages.

By transferring one person from Medivh to Outland because of "less population" potentially means that the staff themselves are "further" reducing the population. Which also means that newcomers will naturally select Outland over Medivh even if they don't like 5x experience rates.

So from Medivh player's point of view, a character transfer sounds logical but from Staff's point of view not transferring also seems logical. It's one of those moments when both parties are thinking opposite but both are logical.

While a mutual solution is found, please feel free to make a character on Outland. YES starting fresh can be painful but I am sure it won't be as painful as playing in a less populated realm.

I also hope that Outland realm's hardware can handle higher population because it keeps increasing on a steady pace everyday.
    If you really think that a population problem, wich havent been solved and just went worse and worse, will be fixed by "new people" you are such a dreamer xD. People like you, who think that problems are solved by themselves, live in a idyllic bubble.

No one will join a 100 hundred population server and, as you have seen during last months, it will only get worse.

Regards.
    Edited: January 3, 2018

10. The problem isn't what the majority will choose right now.
    At the moment, we ALL would choose Outland cause Medivh is unplayable.

I was one on those 3k players who was playing Medivh. I was one of those players who prefered blizzlike and enjoyed like the most but I also was one of those players who migrate to Outland 1-2 months ago because Medivh was abandoned.

Your argument is that people left Medivh cause it was "too difficult" and that's not exactly true. We all left Medivh cause it was nearly impossible to raid and the PvP problem was discussed hundreds of times.

I'm not gonna repeat all the suggestions that comunity did and the reasons why Medivh died cause we all know why.

What people is asking at this server's statement is to save his progress. We asked to migrate to Outland to save months, hours of played time. I think we aren't asking for coins or something impossible, we just want to keep playing with people, with our characters. The characters
    that we played for months.

Regards
    I saw your post on traiding section saying about gs, you dont belong on medivh you should play on outland from beggining, that is realm for you wotlk crybabies who went panic with stable 1k+ pop medivh had 2 months ago. And i hope chars will never be transferd so you lose them, you abandoned them, deal with it.

11. Your argument is that people left Medivh cause it was "too difficult" and that's not exactly true.
    Do you know what a strawman argument is? Because this is an example of a strawman argument.

The best suggestion that the community could have followed was not freak out about a ""low"" population when it was stable and decent.
    It seems like nowadays people will call a realm dead even if it has 5k players at peak times. And it's getting rather quite annoying.

12. Hi Mercy,

First of all thank you for your answer.

Second, english isn't my first language so there are some stuff I don't understand xD

Third, you can't build on your arguments with troll people: I have been playing on Medivh since the beggining and a 3k population server (refering to Medivh at good days) was pretty good. We aren't disscusing here what a dead server means and what numbers are the key. We are saying that, at the moment, Medivh is dead.

It's too late to repeat why Medivh died, how to save it or how much people needs a server. A 150--200 population server isnt playable for hundreds of reasons: AH, dungeons, PvP, raids... etc.

What we are just asking is to migrate to Outland because we want to keep playing with PEOPLE, not NPCs. What makes a healthy server it's the people.

Anyway, I really appreciate your answer.

Regards.

13. Your prayers were heard

praise proterean the lord ( ノ ゚ー゚)ノ

14. Literally meme'd as dead to death. RIP Medivh

15. character transfers are now available to outland <3 <3 <3 thank you staff <3

First ... 3456 Last