1. Rogue/Mage 2s request for guides and tips

As the title says , if anyone is willing throw some tips and guides here especially against, (Rogue/Disc. Mage/Disc, SLSL/Rdruid, Feral/Enh aaand any other heavy comps) please don't troll , if you can . Thank you.

Edit: I'm interested more form mage's POV.

2. So ill discuss an obvious one:

SLSL/Rdruid.

This is THE hardest counter for rogue/mage in 2v2 in TBC and they have to make mistakes to allow you to win.

Going for druid at start may not be a possibility, because of stealth. Even if he shows himself, the lock is is free to DoT you guys up, not a great start of the fight. You can't win that way barring some big mistakes by them. So your best bet is for rogue to open on the lock and if you cant find the druid, you need to do it soon too or the lock will just solo you.

Alright so you start on lock so you need to cc druid. But you can't cc the druid outside of sap + blind + counterspell. Even if by magic the druid trinkets blind in the opener, you're not going to get another sap without blind. That means that if you want to score a kill on the lock, you can do it during your second blind + sap + counterspell, IF you make It that far into the game. If not, that means you have even less time the druid is cced. So you have to score a kill on the lock in a 4-10 second window. Taking into account HoTs and Siphon life, that is impossible with the pet alive because of soul link. So your only real chance is killing the pet and preventing the next petsummon. This in itself is nearly impossible, but if you manage to do so, you now have some options. Obviously you can try to kill the lock now because he's a lot more squishy OR you can switch to druid. ONLY do this if he is NOT PREPARED. So he's out of position with no HoTs/trinket? Go for it. Rogue needs a full stunlock on druid or he will LoS you in seconds.

Some important things:

1. You need to keep them on the backfoot, if you need to go defensive it's over.
    2. You need pressure from the rogue on them so it's your job to cs cyclones/fears/even roots, coordinate what your rogue needs in that regard
    3. That felhunter is your worst ****ing nightmare, kill together if you can, if you can't you can try to LoS it behind a pillar.
    4. Locks sometimes hold onto spell lock and let you sheep them, only to lock you out of your frost tree or blanket silence you when you want to nuke.
    5. abuse Winters Chill so the felhunter cant dispell sheeps/novas. You can sometimes nova him behind a pillar, but don't wast to much time and mana on it, because resistances.

The only thing they need to do is thwart you during the short period you have to score kills. If they cs you when nuking them for a kill, its over. If they root rogue when you're going for a kill it's over. If they can hold onto trinkets, it's over. I can go on and on. It's just a long list of simple things they can do to make it impossible for you to win. Everything for you has to go right basically. In the end good teams won't let that happen.

Now this is all quite depressing, so here are some things that happen sometimes that make it a lot easier:

They underestimate you because they counter you and they get careless. They both trinket the opener and you can succesfully reset with Ice block/cloak vanish. You manage to kill pet. You land a cs on a nature spell of druid. Chain that into blind + sap. If any or a combination of these things happen, you might have a shot.

Sometimes you actually win and it will feel all the more sweet!

3. Great advice, I don't really like to blame my partner since I'm not great myself, but when i have a partner that doesn't really focus blind much and focus SS it's rly hard to make them understand these tactics, but , I will use them and hopefully I can stop dodging this team (It's a team i tend to dodge since "obvious reasons") but how about the other comps, I am reading stuff online about them but it doesn't really make a lot of sense what they are saying since I have tryed those tactics many times and they tend to completely fail and if you have the time please give me some more insight , besides it might help all the community after u finish ur guide because its vastly detailed compared to what i can find browsing .

4. I don't have time to get into detail about all the matchups, BUT! I found an old version of arenajunkies strategy section for rogue / mage. If this isn't nostalgic I dont know what is. This is what I used when I first started playing this comp years ago. IMO we should sticky the strategy page , since it's so useful. I need to add that a lot of important info is in the comments of the guide, so make sure you check them out. Glhf.

http://web.archive.org/web/200807201...v2/Mage_Rogue/